Sponsored

Items left off the Maverick from the factory.

Big Blue

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
My White Lariat was delivered to the dealership Wednesday. Picked it up Thursday and many selected/ordered items were missing.
There are two categories of items missing.

Items missing that were on the Truck Sticker but nowhere to be found.
1) Tool Box-Driver Side
2) Cargo Bed Net

Items missing that were on my order but nowhere to be found.
1) Bug Deflector
2) Cargo Bed Mat
3) Wheel Locks
4) Tailgate Lock
5) Mud flaps

So ok, Ford screwed up, or maybe the dealership or maybe it was the sales person but for me getting 98% of what I ordered does not make me happy. Anyone else had this issue? Maybe the above is backordered but I wouldn't have added the above to the list if I didn't want it. I may get lucky and the parts show up soon but then again I don't want to wait months.
Your thoughts?

SBB
The only thing I can say is they would held it up if you were determined to get everything. Everybody is on edge now waiting for various steps in their build including me. Just keep track of what you have coming
Sponsored

Reactions: SBB

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
My White Lariat was delivered to the dealership Wednesday. Picked it up Thursday and many selected/ordered items were missing.

1) Tool Box-Driver Side
2) Cargo Bed Net

1) Bug Deflector
2) Cargo Bed Mat
3) Wheel Locks
4) Tailgate Lock
5) Mud flaps

So ok, Ford screwed up, or maybe the dealership or maybe it was the sales person but for me getting 98% of what I ordered does not make me happy. Anyone else had this issue? Maybe the above is backordered but I wouldn't have added the above to the list if I didn't want it. I may get lucky and the parts show up soon but then again I don't want to wait months.
Your thoughts?

SBB
You shouldn't have taken delivery of it without everything you paid for, or the paperwork to get it when it shows up. Yah, that's some on Ford, more on the dealer (they buy it from Ford and resell it to you), and even more on the salesman, but it's also your $$$.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ever so slight change of subject here...

Generally speaking, is it cheaper to order the DIO's from the factory with the original order or just buy the parts from the dealer parts department? As an example, a bed mat would cost $140 if I ordered it with the truck, so how much would it be from the parts department?

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ever so slight change of subject here...

Generally speaking, is it cheaper to order the DIO's from the factory with the original order or just buy the parts from the dealer parts department? As an example, a bed mat would cost $140 if I ordered it with the truck, so how much would it be from the parts department?
From Ford accessories its also 140 but some of the bigger parts dealers like Fairway and Schultz have it closer to 110 but that's not installed. DIO items ford pays for install on when ordered with vehicle but if you order from parts you would have to pay if you want them installed.

Here they would count toward the MSRP so they should be taxed for excise tax but im sure state to state that is handled differently.

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least the Dealer owned up to dropping the ball. Hopefully it won't take long to get everything. Also I hope they included everything in the original price you paid. It would be hell to have to pay more after the fact.
This is exactly what my dealer attempted. Literally at 3x MSRP.... escalated that until it was resolved in my favor. I expect I'll have to repeat the discussion when the parts come in and get installed.

Sponsored

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would question your dealer. Sometimes the porters and the people who prep the cars would steal the accessories. I used to work for a dealership and when they fired the person in charge of the cleaning and prepping of cars for stealing gas using the gas card (using it on his personal vehicle), they cut the lock off his office door and inside we found a stack of the upgraded floor mats for various vehicles that went all the way up to the ceiling and a bunch of other accessories that were supposed to be installed into vehicles before being put on the lot...

I ordered the Weathertech floor mats for my Maverick and they were mysteriously missing as well when I got it... But finally got that resolved.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

1) Tool Box-Driver Side
2) Cargo Bed Net

1) Bug Deflector
2) Cargo Bed Mat
3) Wheel Locks
4) Tailgate Lock
5) Mud flaps

Your thoughts?

SBB
Did they remove the cost of these things from the price of the vehicle? If they did, just sign the paperwork and take the dang thing home. All that crap you listed is stuff you can put on in your driveway in an abbreviated afternoon. You can also find the same brands of items cheaper on evilbay, or amazon than the dealer. Order it after the fact and just install it yourself.

Heck, mine has been unloaded from the train on sept 19th, and has been sitting on the ramp awaiting delivery since then. It had no dealer installed extras. I have my accessories in boxes at the house waiting for my vehicle. Dont look a gift horse in the mouth. All minor first world problems compared to people dealing with losing their homes and loved ones in Ukrane to a tin hat dictator, and now in florida due to a hurricane.

Last edited:

wernerdare

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1) Tool Box-Driver Side
2) Cargo Bed Net

1) Bug Deflector
2) Cargo Bed Mat
3) Wheel Locks
4) Tailgate Lock
5) Mud flaps

Your thoughts?

SBB
My Truck arrived on Monday. I got called by the sales manager letting me know it arrived and asked if I still planned on getting it. I told him yes.On Tuesday morning I called the salesman and he told me that I could come get it anytime. I called him back a couple of hours later and let him know that I would be driving to pick it up since it is 100 miles away I wanted to make sure it was okay. He said it would be ready for me whenever I got there.After driving halfway there (about 50 miles) he called me and told me that it wasn’t ready because it was missing parts along with 5 other trucks that were delivered.He said that it was missing wheel caps,antenna,funnel and floor mats.He called me to give me an update and added that it was also missing the spare tire.It’s an XLT Lux with copilot 360.The floor mats are the all weather mats that’s an option. I found it odd that they accepted the vehicle missing all of those things when they delivered it.
Sponsored