First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Lariat has an inverter (400 watt) in the back seat and bed. As I drive along, I want it to charge my Bluetti EB3A power station that I bought the other day using the power cord to the outlet rather than a 12v. cigarette plug. It won't do a thing when I plug it in other than say the power going to the Bluetti is too low to charge it. I have a 400 watt plug in my Ridgeline and it works just fine. Does anyone know why the Maverick outlet won't work?
Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

12v battery might to low on charge, putting the system into power saving mode, so the inverter won't do much. I tried to charge something with it a while ago, it charged for 5 minutes and shut the inverter off. Wasn't even close to peak draw. I found it fine for powering a light, and not much else.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford 400w are not a pure sine wave, Bluetti is the most picky according to hobotech youtube guy. There are some interesting workarounds he has to bulk charge Bluetti with a voltage booster off 12v battery ( useful for high Amp Hybrid DC-DC very rapid charging) the solar charging is very strong suite of Bluetti so he uses those ports

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have the Bluetti set to turbo or standard charging mode?

HRG

OP
OP

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have it set to standard. They say you should not use turbo unless absolutely necessary as it greatly shortens battery life. Thing is my Ridgeline charges it fine and it is 400 watt just like the Maverick. I suppose I could try a 12v cigarette plug and see if that makes a difference rather than go the inverter route.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The inverter is trash, that's why. My Ecoflow won't charge even at 200w.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have it set to standard. They say you should not use turbo unless absolutely necessary as it greatly shortens battery life. Thing is my Ridgeline charges it fine and it is 400 watt just like the Maverick. I suppose I could try a 12v cigarette plug and see if that makes a difference rather than go the inverter route.
Use 12v DC to charge and not incur conversion loss DC to AC then AC back to DC. Run off 20 amp bed circuit. Fuze panel shows position labeled for 30amp after market brake controller. Check to see if you can get a 30amp DC Supply through it. Run your power supply through the 30 amp or one of the 40amp fuze if it's not being used for an option you do not have. If you are set for standard charging and maverick cannot provide enough power then you have NO HOPE of trying to use the high speed charging option as it would require more power

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tap battery directly in Hybrid. The new replacement wire harness has additional elongated screws which point up, making connections a breeze. I wouldn’t bother add another fuse inline since bluetti is already fused and an unplugged higher amp 12v usually have a protective rubberized cap provided.

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does your inverter status LED light up?

There's a common issue where inverters were coming from the factory unplugged.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The inverter is trash, that's why. My Ecoflow won't charge even at 200w.
The Ford inverter is a modified sine inverter and if your device will accept the current the conversion loss would be significant 30-60% most likely. I was looking at Massimo power supply with 2k battery and 20amp DC charge time was well over 20 hours. So I am going to go for at least 30 amp circuit. If I remember right the DCDC was stated by someone to be rated for 265amps but I have not verified this!!! If it is it most likely is at higher voltage. As far as your Ecoflow not working at 200w, I expect it has over voltage cut out at 14 volts +/- and the 12v bus will normally be 14.6-15.3 +/- depending on demand. Check your device and if necessary filter your input voltage to and only to it to be within its limits!

Last edited:
Reactions: bgn
Sponsored

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am looking forward to the next higher watt hour/ inverter built like the newest style battery bank you have, especially for the UPS functions. In my software/OS developer days I would drag all my computers out of storage to provide useful smart space heaters. A weird idea I had in electric school, does work. All power used by computers are wasted as heat as per professor. So a 1500+ watt of computers are joined together as a compiler cluster. Never could afford to keep all on cheap UPSes.
One disastrous power lost before Sony PS3 update caused months of work to evaporate. Sony removed the linux boot unexpectedly on the PS3.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hybrid DC-DC is just under 300AMPs not watts. After learning that I got a 3000W pure sine inverter…. The largest device surge is 2200W so got plenty of overhead.

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Haven't tried to charge the Bluetti AC200P yet on the 400watt inverter but the 200watt Bluetti MAXOAK works fine recharging off the inside outlet in the armrest, we run the Coleman thermoelectric cooler on the 400 watt inverter without a problem.