First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you have a fight with a wolverine or is it kids?
Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This subject came up in another thread a few days ago, and someone suggested this product, I already had it on hand, tried it, and it works! I noticed right away the interior was going to get scratched up, so I’m glad the first thing I tried seem to work. Did the rest of the interior, just spray onto a cloth or rag, then wipe on evenly.
I don’t suppose you took before and after picks?

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

JustDoIt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon, '17 JKU Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just wrote to Pasti-dip to inquire whether their product(s) would be good as a protectant for the interior surfaces. I also disclosed the MTC web site information.. let's see how they act on that matter!
I've used plasti-dip on interior items before - the great thing is it's removable/replaceable. But it will show the imperfections under it so it needs to be done early.

Sandstorm

Banned
Banned
First Name
Anonymous
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
This is not exclusive to the Maverick. The best way to avoid this is to stop scratching the panels. It might take a few extra seconds to be more careful or maybe you simply can't avoid it because you have kids, but that's how it goes.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The problem is the blue plastic on the doors is just shit.

No amount of being careful will make up for Ford's moronic design decisions.

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Jeez guys, I love the Maverick too, but its a CHEAP TRUCK. Literally the cheapest truck in the USA I think. Not a trailer queen. Its not going to be made of the best materials and it just is what it is. IE "You get what you pay for". Someone said this in one of the reviews about the Maverick but "All is forgiven for $19500."

But here people are like "Ford is cheap!" Tailgate isnt perfectly level "Ford quality!" come on, be realistic with your expectations a little.

Nothing against the OP btw, I know it sucks, I just, this is like the 3rd or 4th post, and I see so many posts nitpicking the craziest things. Like.. no shit the materials are cheap, this thing is built TO A PRICE, and is as far as I know, the cheapest light pickup and hybrid you can buy on the market.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I Amoralled the crap out of that scratch and it never touched it. It still remained white on the black surface. Had to use a razor blade and skim over it to remove the threadlike projections. You have a valley left over. It’s cheap plastic.
Armor-All? Too greasy and shiny.

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jeez guys, I love the Maverick too, but its a CHEAP TRUCK. Literally the cheapest truck in the USA I think. Not a trailer queen. Its not going to be made of the best materials and it just is what it is. IE "You get what you pay for". Someone said this in one of the reviews about the Maverick but "All is forgiven for $19500."

But here people are like "Ford is cheap!" Tailgate isnt perfectly level "Ford quality!" come on, be realistic with your expectations a little.

Nothing against the OP btw, I know it sucks, I just, this is like the 3rd or 4th post, and I see so many posts nitpicking the craziest things. Like.. no shit the materials are cheap, this thing is built TO A PRICE, and is as far as I know, the cheapest light pickup and hybrid you can buy on the market.
Funny how we’ve all come to accept the fact that $25-35k is ‘cheap’ and it’s ok to get cheap-o plastic for our money lol

I agree though, they told you the interior is plastic when purchased. Therefore, you must accept it. However, they told you the tailgate folds flat and also matches perfectly with wheel wells for large items like 4’x8’ — while we’ve seen examples of peoples trucks that it doesn’t. Therefore, they don’t need to accept that, as it’s a loss of functionality specifically promoted by Ford.

I’ve watched every Maverick video possible on YouTube. Tons of the tailgates fold nice and flat. Those that don’t, are definitely some sort of screwup. Why it happened, i don’t know. But I hope mine comes correctly!

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Funny how we’ve all come to accept the fact that $25-35k is ‘cheap’ and it’s ok to get cheap-o plastic for our money lol

I agree though, they told you the interior is plastic when purchased. Therefore, you must accept it. However, they told you the tailgate folds flat and also matches perfectly with wheel wells for large items like 4’x8’ — while we’ve seen examples of peoples trucks that it doesn’t. Therefore, they don’t need to accept that, as it’s a loss of functionality specifically promoted by Ford.

I’ve watched every Maverick video possible on YouTube. Tons of the tailgates fold nice and flat. Those that don’t, are definitely some sort of screwup. Why it happened, i don’t know. But I hope mine comes correctly!
THe guy had a LEVEL on his tailgate. For crying out loud, thats ridiculous. It isnt going to be that level of precision. Even in production I can say for a fact the tolerances wouldnt be good enough for that with a unibody car and everything.

Last edited:
Sponsored

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
THe guy had a LEVEL on his tailgate. For crying out loud, thats ridiculous. It isnt going to be that level of precision. EVen in produciton I can say for a fact the tolerances wouldnt be good enough for that with a unibody card and everything.
Lol I don’t disagree using a level to see if it’s exact is slightly over the top, but his level had what looked like a 2-3 inch gap…which is not really acceptable. That’s actually embarrassing haha had to just be defect cables. It doesn’t need to be perfect, but the tailgate shouldn’t be visibly uneven/look pointed downward when dropped FLAT as it has in some pictures I’ve seen. (The bed becomes no longer usable beyond the 4.5’ for long items that would require stability)

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I knew that was going to be an issue.... I wonder if there is a good quality spray on product that will protect that better? Or at least hide those scratches - not sure I want to use Amorall - years ago when I used that crap my interior dash material would crack... and split open.
Current car on the left also has a lot of plastic…so upon purchase bought vinyl wrap (carbon fiber look-a-like) and covered all the areas where shoes tend to scuff door and bottom door seals, gear shift area, outside mirrors, those pretty easy to identify. etc… easy to use with strong adhesive, After 4 yrs, carbon fiber wrap still looks new…vinyl wrap is very hard to scratch but if it does it was only like $20 for a 10’x3’ roll, so cheap to replace. Extremely easy to cut with scissors and easy to apply.

Paranoid of door bumps…have “8’ Magnetic Rubber strips” for places I might park in crowded parking lots…takes 30 seconds to attach the magnetic strips on both side of car.” Something like $30 on Amazon…works very well but you have to remember to take them off.

Semi-fan of Armorall but the biggest mistake is some people over use it…light spray on a rag and applied to interior is what I do. Exterior black trim, bed rails, I find the ”Black Tire Spray” works better than Armorall on exterior black trim, applied with a wax applicator, not sprayed, keep it off the paint.

Firm believer in Ceramic Coating…will wait for warmer weather. CC is a single wax job that will last 3-4 years.

Last edited:

CactusMav

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick AWD 4K
Hi Maverick Club. I recently bought a 2022 Maverick Lariat 4K. But not luxury package. I noticed the glove box, and interior blue plastic panels scratch easily. Are there any tips to remove and or prevent scratches. My visual OCD gets quite tickled at times. TIA

16419372716723516037021587513367.jpg

16419372989573509190766579185037.jpg

16419373388951898682066680235309.jpg
Biggest pet peeve with this truck. I’ve put some serious scratches in my interior already doing things that shouldn’t have even smudged it. Idk what to do about this

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wrong. Absolutely wrong. I don't care if it's built to a price. So was my 2002 Accord that, with inflation, would be $30,000 today. My Lariat is 36k.

Know what it doesn't have? Shitty plastic that scratches when you look at it wrong.

Folks need to stop defending Ford on moronic decisions, ESPECIALLY when these decisions go AGAINST what they claim. Built Ford Tough my ass.

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Wrong. Absolutely wrong. I don't care if it's built to a price. So was my 2002 Accord that, with inflation, would be $30,000 today. My Lariat is 36k.

Know what it doesn't have? Shitty plastic that scratches when you look at it wrong.

Folks need to stop defending Ford on moronic decisions, ESPECIALLY when these decisions go AGAINST what they claim. Built Ford Tough my ass.
Its not wrong, and can go into my 1978 ford pinto which has original interior and guess what, scratches easily too, its a PINTO, built to a price, and is cheaper and lesser quality than the F150 of that time. It literally IS WHAT IT IS.

I absolutely love my Maverick, but in no way would I ever expect it to have "premium" materials at that price point. The Lariat even. The lariat is IMO just putting lipstick on the pig, so to speak, hence why I didnt waste the extra money on a luxury version of what is essentially the "Ford Pinto" of pickup trucks.

BTW I love my Ford Pinto too, even with its janky cheapness.

Everyone here is IMO incredibly nitpicky over what is essentially the cheapest and most affordable pickup truck on the market in the USA today. Especially given the features it DOES have. Who cares how pretty it looks, thats not even the point of the truck, its built to a price to be a cheap AFFORDABLE truck. It has literally everything it needs and no FAT. Especially the base XL model.
Sponsored