First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2022 Ford Maverick XL instrument cluster continuously goes black. Dealer said it was because of my CarPlay device. I have been using the device for over a year with no issue. Anyway, I removed all CarPlay devices. After a week it went blank. Has anyone had similar experiences? I checked the fuse and no issue there. I suspect it is a software vice hardware issue. Touchscreen works fine.

Ford Maverick Instrument panel cluster goes blank IMG_1447
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
gonna have to call the geek squad, maybe another dealer has better geeks.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Likely a dead LCD backlight, might need a replacement unit. A few other people posted issues with that screen, don't recall them ever coming back with reports on the outcome after making dealership appointments though.

The screen in question is separate from the 8" one, just because one works doesn't mean the other has not failed. Your dealer just doesn't want to deal with it from the sounds of things.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Likely a dead LCD backlight, might need a replacement unit. A few other people posted issues with that screen, don't recall them ever coming back with reports on the outcome after making dealership appointments though.
I believe most just disconnected the battery and never had it reoccur or the dealer re-flashed the instrument cluster.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
My 2022 Ford Maverick XL instrument cluster continuously goes black. Dealer said it was because of my CarPlay device. I have been using the device for over a year with no issue. Anyway, I removed all CarPlay devices. After a week it went blank. Has anyone had similar experiences? I checked the fuse and no issue there. I suspect it is a software vice hardware issue. Touchscreen works fine.

IMG_1447.jpeg
Good morning- I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

OP
OP

mredlinger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. Tried all suggestions. Panel has come on and gone blank at least six times in last two weeks. Took it to dealer and it was blank. They saw it blank. But later in the day when they drove it into the service bin it was working. They can’t figure it out.

Costan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is doing the same thing. Worked this morning and now dead.

Ford Maverick Instrument panel cluster goes blank IMG_9053
Sponsored