Sponsored

Instrument cluster just went out. 3 weeks old.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course. Always first thing I do... since 1974.
Sorry for the dumb question then 🤓 hope your issue gets an quick easy fix that’s pretty frustrating to have the truck out of commission.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Buddys ford escape did same thing. I came over disconnected battery let sit a few minutes reconnected. Dash went back on fine. I know its a hybrid but the 12 volt I think powers the dash stuff. Try that before going to dealer. Takes a few minutes.

OP
OP

Vmontello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did think about unhooking battery but because it's hybrid I got nervous. So... anyone here do it with a hybrid? If it didn't screw anything up I'm game.

Buddys ford escape did same thing. I came over disconnected battery let sit a few minutes reconnected. Dash went back on fine. I know its a hybrid but the 12 volt I think powers the dash stuff. Try that before going to dealer. Takes a few minutes.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sometimes, after you provide the relevant information, they will also contact the dealer on their own and that will put the dealer in a more receptive/ attentive mode when you show up.
Hahahaha I can hear that conversation - Ring Ring - Hello, Joe Bob Ford Service Department John Speaking -

uh .... uh yeah, Im an intern at Ford Motor Company tasked with providing useless answers on a Ford Maverick Forum ......

OK so what can I do for you ?

Uh.... uh .... yeah there's this guy that his speedometer thingy - uh - he cant see it anymore .....

Well..... OK..... not sure why you are calling but have him bring it in to the service department and we will look at it.

Oh, ...... uh.... uh ok Did I tell you I was with Ford .....

Yes you did.

Uh.... Uh Ok , just to let you know we posted on this guys MTC comments " We at Ford Are Really Happy You Now Have A Maverick" .....

Well Thats great ... Can you answer any questions about delays in delivery or train wrecks, the crazy allocation, why the interior scratches so easily, Roll Over Orders or other Ford BS - things like that ?? ??

Uh.... Uh .... no , all we can really comment is " yay you got a truck " or "Give me your Vin and we will try to help " .....

Oh I see....... well anything else I can "help" you with Mr Ford Intern ?

Uh.... Uh... no, just wanted you to know about the customers problem ......

Yeah thanks for that dude ..... Have Him or her contact us.

Uh Uh Ok thanks .... Click.

Thank Goodness Ford stepped in and contacted the dealership - they are invaluable with all the info they provide here ........ hahahahahahahahaha :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It is really sad that the main source of REAL information is a man named Tim from a dealership .....

Last edited:

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pulled the fuse this morning (assuming it was the right one based on the very simple fusebox legend.). The little yellow one next to the other little yellow one I think.Well, this didn't fix mine.
When I look at the interior fuse legend in the manual I don't see a reference to 'the little yellow one next to the other little yellow one"

What number fuse did you pull?

Even if it visually appears OK, in this case I would check continuity with a meter.

good luck...

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did think about unhooking battery but because it's hybrid I got nervous. So... anyone here do it with a hybrid? If it didn't screw anything up I'm game.
There is another thread about a guy having the deep sleep problem and he replaced his 12 volt battery on his own so he obviously disconnected the battery and had no problems. You might lose you radio settings BUT on friends escape he didn't even lose those. If it were mine I would. BUT who am I to tell you what to do. Up to you.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Pulled the fuse this morning (assuming it was the right one based on the very simple fusebox legend.). The little yellow one next to the other little yellow one I think.Well, this didn't fix mine. Scheduling a service appointment right now. Damn... I hate going to the dealership.
Keep us posted! Hopefully they can fix it same day

Bamajim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500. Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to the manual. It’s the 7.5 fuse for the instrument cluster. It’s in the inside fuse panel in the passenger floorboard

OP
OP

Vmontello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to the manual. It’s the 7.5 fuse for the instrument cluster. It’s in the inside fuse panel in the passenger floorboard
Yeah, it was the 7.5 that I pulled out it was a little yellow one. But the update is that I finally pulled the battery terminal off waited a minute put it back on and everything works now. I don't have to go to the dealership quite yet.

Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, it was the 7.5 that I pulled out it was a little yellow one. But the update is that I finally pulled the battery terminal off waited a minute put it back on and everything works now. I don't have to go to the dealership quite yet.
I figured it would work. Glad it did. Oh In did this on friends escape back in december no issue since.

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. Pulling the fuse and waiting a minute should have produced the exact same results, unless it was some other module that also needed reboot.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. Pulling the fuse and waiting a minute should have produced the exact same results, unless it was some other module that also needed reboot.
I have had other issues on other cars were pulling fuses was a waste of time. disconnect the battery you know you got it all.

Just glad it worked out.
Sponsored