First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RAV4 Hybrid, 2007 MX-5, 2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Road, menu, configure view, deselect trip time, scroll down and select instantaneous fuel. You are limited to 4 selections at a time. Do this for trip 1 and trip 2.

Veritech

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like to use both instant and average fuel info. Instant provides me feedback on mpg based on my current throttle position (gas pedal). On hybrids, it also tells you when ICE is off and in EV mode. Average mpg is since last trip reset.

OP
OP
Harleystreetbob

Harleystreetbob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
harley electra glide maverick hybrid xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like to use both instant and average fuel info. Instant provides me feedback on mpg based on my current throttle position (gas pedal). On hybrids, it also tells you when ICE is off and in EV mode. Average mpg is since last trip reset.
Tks!! Going to use the instatanious now on

Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Road, menu, configure view, deselect trip time, scroll down and select instantaneous fuel. You are limited to 4 selections at a time. Do this for trip 1 and trip 2.
Doing this as soon as I get in the truck. I’ve never once checked the trip time. Maybe instant fuel milage will be more interesting.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Spent 15 minutes trying this on my lariat. Then realized the lariat has a screen called This Trip in addition to the trips 1 & 2 screens. It's essentially the instantaneous fuel. Doh!

Deleted member 1483

I tried both of the options (instantaneous mpg, and the trainer that shows if you are in electric or not) and I found them horribly distracting. I just use normal or eco mode and go by feel. I only have average mpg visible so I can be sure something isn't wrong with my fuel economy.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Spent 15 minutes trying this on my lariat. Then realized the lariat has a screen called This Trip in addition to the trips 1 & 2 screens. It's essentially the instantaneous fuel. Doh!
This trip, on the hybrid is Average mpg since start.
The only instantaneous reading that I know of on my hybrid is the bar on the fuel economy screen.

That screen is also an average since you reset it, but the bar will show you your instantaneous only when the ICE is running. You're also kind of guessing because it only shows 0,30, and 60.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
“This Trip” resets if you put it into Park unfortunately, I wish it was just from last ignition. Still really neat to see. And yes very distracting heh

Sponsored

Veritech

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This trip, on the hybrid is Average mpg since start.
The only instantaneous reading that I know of on my hybrid is the bar on the fuel economy screen.

That screen is also an average since you reset it, but the bar will show you your instantaneous only when the ICE is running. You're also kind of guessing because it only shows 0,30, and 60.
On a XLT, the favorite/star screen can be set to display different info such as EV coach or fuel economy. The fuel economy option displays digital average mpg and an instant MPG bar with 0, 30, 60 markers.

Scrolling up to road/trip display on a XLT, I can view up to four stats. I set mine to display avg MPG, instantaneous MPG, trip 1/trip 2 miles traveled, and distance to empty. The instantaneous MPG on this info display is digital and not a bar like the fav/star screen.

Once I turn off my ignition then it displays info about the current trip's avg MPG, miles traveled and miles in EV mode for one ignition cycle.

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 22 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wanted to revive this thread. I finally got my Maverick hybrid Lariat with a luxury package that rolled into the 2023 model. Maybe because it's a Lariat lux package or a 2023 model, but I do not see the "Instantaneous" fuel setting as an option. I don't see a Configure View either but I may have been rushing through and missed it. I saw it mentioned in several YouTube videos dating 2022. The display looked different from mine and doesn't look like the one in the first photo. Is there something in the Lariat Lux screen that is similar to the Instantaneous setting? This being my first hybrid vehicle, I'm curious as to when it's running in electric mode and when it is in combination mode and what percentage is electric and what is gas. Most of my driving is here in College Station driving with all these Aggies. Great information here, by the way

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wanted to revive this thread. I finally got my Maverick hybrid Lariat with a luxury package that rolled into the 2023 model. Maybe because it's a Lariat lux package or a 2023 model, but I do not see the "Instantaneous" fuel setting as an option. I don't see a Configure View either but I may have been rushing through and missed it. I saw it mentioned in several YouTube videos dating 2022. The display looked different from mine and doesn't look like the one in the first photo. Is there something in the Lariat Lux screen that is similar to the Instantaneous setting? This being my first hybrid vehicle, I'm curious as to when it's running in electric mode and when it is in combination mode and what percentage is electric and what is gas. Most of my driving is here in College Station driving with all these Aggies. Great information here, by the way
There's a Fuel Economy page that shows a horizontal bar and displays instantaneous MPG or when electric. Although for economical driving it's less useful than the EV Coach which shows at what throttle position it will transition from Electric to ICE, when charge is sufficient that EV driving is available, and regen braking capacity (similar to the analog gauge).
Sponsored