First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lucked into a Black Friday sale for $249, including shipping. Like others have said, only way to get in if tailgate is locked would be to use a knife. I have been thru some down pours and I was expecting some leaks, but not a single drop of water has gotten in. Still looks like the day I bought it 8 months ago. Once you've put it on and get the sequence down you can take it off in 2 minutes, put it back on in 2 or 3 minutes. A tri-fold is the way to go with a 4 1/2 ft bed. For short trips I may fold back just one fold to put stuff in. Highly recommend Gator Tri-Fold.

If someone sees it "flapping" they didn't tighten down the straps on the second aluminum cross piece ...there are 2 straps & clips, one on each side, about 1 1/2 feet from the front of the tonneau that are adjustable to keep the middle from flapping...takes just a few seconds to spread the 2 straps and pull them tight.....and it won't flap in the wind.
Ford Maverick Installed Gator soft tri fold cover IMG_0691

Last edited:

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I love my Gator soft trifold tonneau cover. I did a lot of research when I got my truck in December 2021 and the Gator had the best bang for the buck. It has been through several car washes with minimal leakage. I got mine from RealTruck in January 2022 for, I believe, around $250.00. I park under a carport and I work nights, so I don't expect the Florida sun to do any damage to it. I highly recommend it and would buy in again in a heartbeat, but it will probably outlast my truck.

Ford Maverick Installed Gator soft tri fold cover Maverick ltrs.JPG

Ford Maverick Installed Gator soft tri fold cover Maverick bedmat.JPG

DAM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This cover is great for the money! I wanted something that didn’t install rails in the bed (since it’s small enough already) and something that could be quickly removed. Install was under 10mins and it looks great.

EB77FA89-1AD4-4466-990F-F63E1E060D1D.jpeg
I got the Dannebrog
This cover is great for the money! I wanted something that didn’t install rails in the bed (since it’s small enough already) and something that could be quickly removed. Install was under 10mins and it looks great.

EB77FA89-1AD4-4466-990F-F63E1E060D1D.jpeg

I got the same one, it’s awesome easy to use and keeps the bed dry.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love my Gator soft trifold tonneau cover. I did a lot of research when I got my truck in December 2021 and the Gator had the best bang for the buck. It has been through several car washes with minimal leakage. I got mine from RealTruck in January 2022 for, I believe, around $250.00. I park under a carport and I work nights, so I don't expect the Florida sun to do any damage to it. I highly recommend it and would buy in again in a heartbeat, but it will probably outlast my truck.

Maverick ltrs.JPG

Maverick bedmat.JPG
If you take the cover off will it fit in the bed with the tailgate closed? Just wondering in case you are out somewhere and need to use the full bed length.

Sponsored

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you take the cover off will it fit in the bed with the tailgate closed? Just wondering in case you are out somewhere and need to use the full bed length.
I'm not sure. I've never tried that, but considering the bed width is slightly shorter (about 1") than it's length, I would think that it might fit, but I doubt you could get tailgate closed. Maybe if you put it in diagonal.
That would be a good question for @Realtruck.

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I received mine yesterday, install looks pretty easy. But it also came with a seal that’s not mentioned in the instructions, do you all know where this goes?

Ford Maverick Installed Gator soft tri fold cover 47BA9B85-4EF6-40E9-A466-55B08F21737D

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I received mine yesterday, install looks pretty easy. But it also came with a seal that’s not mentioned in the instructions, do you all know where this goes?

47BA9B85-4EF6-40E9-A466-55B08F21737D.jpeg
That is a Tailgate seal. Goes around the side and bottom of the bed at the Tailgate. Says it's not included when you order but mine came with one too.

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, it will fit. Had to remove mine at store to pick up patio set.
I'm sorry. I didn't take it off now that I remember. Stinks getting old! I folded it up and kept the chairs in the back and the table slid under the cover then up on chairs. It will fit diagonal but not sure what else you could put in the bed with it in that poaition?

Phranc68

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Ram 3500, Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Maverick ltrs.JPG

Maverick bedmat.JPG
Looks great. What did you install as your bed and tailgate mat?

Sponsored

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks great. What did you install as your bed and tailgate mat?
Horse stall mat from Tractor Supply. Hard to trim, but worth it. No adhesive, velcro or sticky tape required. It is heavy enough that it will not move if you fit it tight like I did. Trimming and fitting took the better part of a day for me, but I'm 67 and not in the greatest shape. A younger, more fit person could do it in half that time. The mat on the tailgate is just laying there for reference. It will only be used when I need to haul something longer than 4.5 feet. I may eventually try to figure out a way to mount it permanently. I got mine locally for $49.00 plus tax.

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you all trim the plastic for the spring clamps? Mine will only grab the plastic unless I trim about 1/4 inch of plastic off…which I really don’t want to do.

22XLThybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT hybrid (order July 21)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered this on recommendation from this post. Arrived in two days after ordering and I'm pretty satisfied. For the price, it's a good quality build. It's really light. You could easily take it off yourself in a few minutes. Has a seal all the way around so it's watertight from rain. Fold back and secure if you want some wood to stick out. And the bed is secure (other than cutting through the vinyl) When the tailgate is up and locked.

Ford Maverick Installed Gator soft tri fold cover PXL_20220703_003321581

Ford Maverick Installed Gator soft tri fold cover PXL_20220702_215155584

22XLThybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT hybrid (order July 21)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you all trim the plastic for the spring clamps? Mine will only grab the plastic unless I trim about 1/4 inch of plastic off…which I really don’t want to do.
I didn't need to trim the metal from the body is at the same level as the plastic trim

OP
OP
PDM33

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine