First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's it.....I'm getting one! Thanks for all the info guys.
Sponsored

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m going to need one. You all are selling me on this one. It looks great. Any leaks? Now I realize nothing is water tight but any major issues yet?
Only thing is in Arizona, if it is not garaged, the sun will eat it. I take it off if it is outside for more than a few days. Easy to do, and no trouble.

gwalton1234

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saturn Aura
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only thing is in Arizona, if it is not garaged, the sun will eat it. I take it off if it is outside for more than a few days. Easy to do, and no trouble.
Good point. I was watching videos about it last night. It certainly is easy enough to take off and take inside. I also read about sealants for that cover that specifically talks about sun protection. Maybe that could help? It couldn't hurt. So many exciting options. I reached out to @Realtruck last night and he took care of me with special Maverick Truck Club pricing. If anyone is in the market for this cover shoot them an email.

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I reached out to @Realtruck last night and he took care of me with special Maverick Truck Club pricing. If anyone is in the market for this cover shoot them an email.
Agreed.

I placed my order with @Realtruck on 7/5. It shipped the same day. It was delivered this morning and is waiting for me to get home and install it.

Sponsored

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are you doing to keep dust off of it? I'm in the desert too and it is a dust magnet.

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I take it off if it is outside for any length of time, unless I am on a trip. I use a California duster to keep the dust off. In fact, I have had the truck for 7 weeks, and haven’t had to wash it. No rain, so just light dust. 52 mpg in town, 42 highway. If going to Show Low, up in the mountains, I still get 35 mpg.

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can clean it and come back a few minutes later and it will be dusty. I've learned to live with it but thought someone might have a trick

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can clean it and come back a few minutes later and it will be dusty. I've learned to live with it but thought someone might have a trick
Hmmm. I live in Phoenix, and have no problem. Did you put protectant on it? That attracts dust. I drove to Pinetop last week and spent a week there and came back yesterday. No dust. By the way going from 1,000 feet high Phoenix to 8,400 feet high Greer and back, 42.5 mpg.

Sponsored

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On another note I went through a big storm for the first time with it and it did pretty well.
Still leaked but my stuff was dry. Very heavy mountain downpour for an hour.

Ford Maverick Installed Gator soft tri fold cover 20220715_170051

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On another note I went through a big storm for the first time with it and it did pretty well.
Still leaked but my stuff was dry. Very heavy mountain downpour for an hour.

20220715_170051.jpg
That's how the inside of my bed looks after a big storm with the gator. The side walls of the bed are wet, and a few of the channels close to the walls may have some water. But the center stays bone dry, so I bought a bungee cargo net to keep luggage and stuff centered in the bed on road trips.

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It doesent rain more than 5 times a year here so mine is more for sun protection and to keep eyes of my work tools during the week.

gwalton1234

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saturn Aura
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my cover. Really excited. I just need the truck. HA!