First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I received mine yesterday, install looks pretty easy. But it also came with a seal that’s not mentioned in the instructions, do you all know where this goes?

47BA9B85-4EF6-40E9-A466-55B08F21737D.jpeg
The seal must have been an after thought since it was not in the manual. I found a UTube video showing how to install. The video shows putting the sticky side against the cover ALL THE WAY AROUND the cover. Best to put on when hot outdoors. After 6 months of use It now seems to be permanently attached to the bottom...I would assume it is to help waterproof the cover. I've taken the tonneau off a couple of times and the seal has stayed on fine. After covering the tailgate section I had a foot and a half of the rubber seal left over,
Sponsored

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The seal must have been an after thought since it was not in the manual. I found a UTube video showing how to install. The video shows putting the sticky side against the cover ALL THE WAY AROUND the cover. Best to put on when hot outdoors. After 6 months of use It now seems to be permanently attached to the bottom...I would assume it is to help waterproof the cover. I've taken the tonneau off a couple of times and the seal has stayed on fine. After covering the tailgate section I had a foot and a half of the rubber seal left over,
Thanks, I searched already and didn’t find the video, can you share the link? Also, Real Truck says it’s a tailgate seal, just saw it in the comments of a video. They said they stopped sending with the cover, but some boxes have it inside still.

Last edited:

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I searched already and didn’t find the video, can you share the link? Also, Real Truck says it’s a tailgate seal, just saw it in the comments of a video. They said they stopped sending with the cover, but some boxes have it inside still.
I looked but don't see it now. If they discontinued the seal I'd look for a rubber seal at an auto parts or Ace Hardware. The one I received was plenty enough to cover the circumference of the tonneau, including the top of the tailgate section...and I've never had the least of leaks.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Next time I have the cover off I'm going to take off the brackets to measure them so I can 3d print a couple extras in case something happens to one of them. The plastic seems strong but it's still plastic.
If you order the Gator, keep the Manual. The last page of the manual lists every part number for brackets, springs and plastic pieces if something wears out, so they can be ordered as replaceable parts.

Last edited:

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installed…

Ford Maverick Installed Gator soft tri fold cover 6D248CF1-994E-46AD-AE15-E409BEF06D2B

Sponsored

gwalton1234

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saturn Aura
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This cover is great for the money! I wanted something that didn’t install rails in the bed (since it’s small enough already) and something that could be quickly removed. Install was under 10mins and it looks great.

EB77FA89-1AD4-4466-990F-F63E1E060D1D.jpeg
I put one on mine. Well made and easy to install

gwalton1234

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saturn Aura
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m going to need one. You all are selling me on this one. It looks great. Any leaks? Now I realize nothing is water tight but any major issues yet?

OP
OP
PDM33

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m going to need one. You all are selling me on this one. It looks great. Any leaks? Now I realize nothing is water tight but any major issues yet?
Almost nothing with the couple hard rain storms we have had this weekend. The o my time I’ve had significant water was in a high power touch less car wash.

OP
OP
PDM33

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took about 2mins to take the cover off tonight in preparation for getting a Graphene coating put on tomorrow. Easy on, easy off.

Sponsored

gwalton1234

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saturn Aura
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m sold. What’s everyone’s thought of the TruxSeal Tailgate Seal? Is it worth it?

OP
OP
PDM33

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m sold. What’s everyone’s thought of the TruxSeal Tailgate Seal? Is it worth it?
I didn't order one but it was in the box with the cover. Not sure if everyone gets one but I did for some reason. I haven't installed it and not sure if I will but I have it under the back seat incase I change my mind

mustachemn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger 4x4, 03Mercury suv, 03 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's been working out great for me!
Any idea what's the best product to use on it to help protect from sun damage and keep it looking nice and black for a long time?
For the money lifetime on the frame and 10 years on the material warranty. Lots of more expensive tonneau's don't have that.
I have owned several types of bed covers. Everything from hard clam shell to roll-up metal to the soft top. They all kept wondering eyes from seeing anything in the bed. They all leaked a little as driving at 60+ mph is like the driving rain from a hurricane. I never expected complete watertight integrity. I'm pleased with my trifold cloth top and hope you are also. Mustachemn
Sponsored