RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ONLY ON LARIAT TRIM. On XL and XLT there is nothing up there but a piece of plastic behind the clear outer housing. Watch my video and I explain all that.

To be clear, I covered NO functional lighting.
"On XL and XLT there is nothing up there but a piece of plastic behind the clear outer housing." Didn't know that, thanks. Now I feel even more special as a Lariat owner ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

i like it if you took the bug deflector off might look even better than it does now:)
I like the deflector, and it absolutely protects the paint on the leading edge of the hood. Without one that vertical edge is a magnet for every stone that gets kicked up by the vehicles in front of you.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the deflector, and it absolutely protects the paint on the leading edge of the hood. Without one that vertical edge is a magnet for every stone that gets kicked up by the vehicles in front of you.
Ok enjoy :) I dont live in rural area not really issue for me

k2rizzle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Tremor XLT - Atlas Blue CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

IMG_9609 2.jpg

I recently had the front windows of my truck tinted with a 20% carbon film, and also had the guys at the shop to an "eyelid kit" using satin black vinyl wrap to black. out the inoperative top portion of the headlight housing. Kind of gives it a more aggressive look on the front end, IMO.

Anyway, here are some photos and also a link to a YouTube video I put together for those who want to know more about the installation process. I have been having fun going behind the scenes with the professionals during my numerous truck mods, as I have never done any of this stuff on any vehicles I have had in the past. I hope it is helpful for others who many considering similar things for their Mavericks.

IMG_9612 2.JPG

Snapseed 5.jpg

Looks cool...I had reservations about the eyebrows, but they look good. Close match to black plastic on bumper?

Need some mod info on that Tremor too!

Sponsored

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks cool...I had reservations about the eyebrows, but they look good. Close match to black plastic on bumper?

Need some mod info on that Tremor too!
Thanks. Yes, it's a reasonable match. I believe the vinyl wrap is a satin finish. The nice thing about it is it didn't cost much and at any time I can just peel it off if I don't want it anymore.

Tremor is still BONE STOCK! Keeping it that way until we are certain we are keeping it. Don't want to put a bunch of work into it if we are going to end up selling it and getting her something else...

Dodeboost

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man tint makes these look so much better. Definitely need to do mine. I did something similar on my headlights using Vvivid vinyl tail light tint. Looks sick!

MaverickVic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT Maverick, '18 F150 Lariat, '00 XL F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMG_9609 2.jpg

I recently had the front windows of my truck tinted with a 20% carbon film, and also had the guys at the shop to an "eyelid kit" using satin black vinyl wrap to black. out the inoperative top portion of the headlight housing. Kind of gives it a more aggressive look on the front end, IMO.

Anyway, here are some photos and also a link to a YouTube video I put together for those who want to know more about the installation process. I have been having fun going behind the scenes with the professionals during my numerous truck mods, as I have never done any of this stuff on any vehicles I have had in the past. I hope it is helpful for others who many considering similar things for their Mavericks.

IMG_9612 2.JPG

Snapseed 5.jpg

Ford Maverick INSTALLED: Front Window Tint and Headlight "Eyelid" Kit on Cactus Grey FX4 IMG_9609 2

Ford Maverick INSTALLED: Front Window Tint and Headlight "Eyelid" Kit on Cactus Grey FX4 IMG_9612 2.JPG

Ford Maverick INSTALLED: Front Window Tint and Headlight "Eyelid" Kit on Cactus Grey FX4 Snapseed 5

Love me a Cactus Gray with Black & Orange

Ford Maverick INSTALLED: Front Window Tint and Headlight "Eyelid" Kit on Cactus Grey FX4 A0936D83-2DB3-4321-BAFC-08C2B5F381AC

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I actually don't really love the way those curtain strips look at the top of the windshield. I would rather do a full clear ceramic film on the windshield to block heat and UV light, but it's like $200 and I didn't really feel like spending the money. It was only $125 to do the two front windows.
Is the ceramic clear? I've been unable to find a clear ceramic for DIY

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Is the ceramic clear? I've been unable to find a clear ceramic for DIY
Not all ceramic films are clear, but they do offer a clear one at the tint shop I used. They quoted me $200 or $220, can't remember, to do the full windshield with a clear ceramic film that would block UV light, infrared light and keep the truck cooler without actually darkening the windshield.

Sponsored

RZ2O16

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot EX & 2020 Subaru Outback Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

IMG_9609 2.jpg

IMG_9612 2.JPG

Snapseed 5.jpg

This mod looks pretty good. I like the build so far, the only thing I kind of don't like are the rims, I like the stock FX4 rims much better.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This mod looks pretty good. I like the build so far, the only thing I kind of don't like are the rims, I like the stock FX4 rims much better.
I still have 'em...

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's the Aeroskin hood protector from Ford Accessories. About $80. It definitely protects the leading edge of the hood from bugs and small stones but I'm not sure it realky "deflects" anything. It just takes the impact instead of your paint.

That said I do like the way or looks. Install was easy and I don't like the more traditional "deflectors" on the Maverick. They sit off the hood and cover the front of the quarter panels too but I just think thru look stupid.

Guess I'm a slave to fashion!
I have the same hood deflector and like it just wish it wasn't "glossy" needs some texture applied -

SamJenkins1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus Hybrid, ES300h (Maverick Ordered)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks good! (y) Black on Cactus Gray just seems to work. You might consider tinting a curtain on your windshield. To me, it looks good, and it does help on a sunny day but does not interfere at night.
When you say curtain are you referring to a strip across the top of the windshield ? If so, how wide do you suggest ? TIA