2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford Maverick INSTALLED: Front Window Tint and Headlight "Eyelid" Kit on Cactus Grey FX4 IMG_9609 2

I recently had the front windows of my truck tinted with a 20% carbon film, and also had the guys at the shop to an "eyelid kit" using satin black vinyl wrap to black. out the inoperative top portion of the headlight housing. Kind of gives it a more aggressive look on the front end, IMO.

Anyway, here are some photos and also a link to a YouTube video I put together for those who want to know more about the installation process. I have been having fun going behind the scenes with the professionals during my numerous truck mods, as I have never done any of this stuff on any vehicles I have had in the past. I hope it is helpful for others who many considering similar things for their Mavericks.

Ford Maverick INSTALLED: Front Window Tint and Headlight "Eyelid" Kit on Cactus Grey FX4 IMG_9612 2.JPG

Ford Maverick INSTALLED: Front Window Tint and Headlight "Eyelid" Kit on Cactus Grey FX4 Snapseed 5

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks good! (y) Black on Cactus Gray just seems to work. You might consider tinting a curtain on your windshield. To me, it looks good, and it does help on a sunny day but does not interfere at night.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks good! (y) Black on Cactus Gray just seems to work. You might consider tinting a curtain on your windshield. To me, it looks good, and it does help on a sunny day but does not interfere at night.
I actually don't really love the way those curtain strips look at the top of the windshield. I would rather do a full clear ceramic film on the windshield to block heat and UV light, but it's like $200 and I didn't really feel like spending the money. It was only $125 to do the two front windows.

Army Engineer (Ret)

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Lux, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I noticed your bug deflector, is it from Real Truck? Which one is it ? Also how effective does it seem to you? Thanks

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I noticed your bug deflector, is it from Real Truck? Which one is it ? Also how effective does it seem to you? Thanks
It's the Aeroskin hood protector from Ford Accessories. About $80. It definitely protects the leading edge of the hood from bugs and small stones but I'm not sure it realky "deflects" anything. It just takes the impact instead of your paint.

That said I do like the way or looks. Install was easy and I don't like the more traditional "deflectors" on the Maverick. They sit off the hood and cover the front of the quarter panels too but I just think thru look stupid.

Guess I'm a slave to fashion!

Sponsored

Army Engineer (Ret)

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Lux, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, I appreciate it very much. I’m trying to keep the bugs off the windshield and get some protection for the windshield. I have a Ford deflector
on my Bronco Sport and it does really well. Unfortunately they are not available for Maverick. You do have a nice looking truck by the way!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I actually don't really love the way those curtain strips look at the top of the windshield. I would rather do a full clear ceramic film on the windshield to block heat and UV light, but it's like $200 and I didn't really feel like spending the money. It was only $125 to do the two front windows.
I liked em when they were blue or greenback in the day. Ofcourse i was always a fan of colored tint, neon colored wiper covers, and foam 76 balls on top of the antenna. What can I say I grew up in the 80s and at one point was a trucker.

I was also just thinking about how those headlight "brows" would look in chrome!!

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I liked em when they were blue or greenback in the day. Ofcourse i was always a fan of colored tint, neon colored wiper covers, and foam 76 balls on top of the antenna. What can I say I grew up in the 80s and at one point was a trucker.

I was also just thinking about how those headlight "brows" would look in chrome!!
That would be fun to try. Go for it!

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a Cyber Orange with the BAP and the “eyelid” treatment would look great on mine. Any idea where I could get the black vinyl?

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

IMG_9609 2.jpg

I recently had the front windows of my truck tinted with a 20% carbon film, and also had the guys at the shop to an "eyelid kit" using satin black vinyl wrap to black. out the inoperative top portion of the headlight housing. Kind of gives it a more aggressive look on the front end, IMO.

Anyway, here are some photos and also a link to a YouTube video I put together for those who want to know more about the installation process. I have been having fun going behind the scenes with the professionals during my numerous truck mods, as I have never done any of this stuff on any vehicles I have had in the past. I hope it is helpful for others who many considering similar things for their Mavericks.

IMG_9612 2.JPG

Snapseed 5.jpg

I have a Cyber Orange XLT with the BAP. Where do you get the black vinyl for the “eye lid”? I think that would look cool on mine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a Cyber Orange XLT with the BAP. Where do you get the black vinyl for the “eye lid”? I think that would look cool on mine.
Online or any local tint shop or PPF installer. I only paid $60 to have it done. Hardly worth messing with it myself at that price.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's the Aeroskin hood protector from Ford Accessories. About $80. It definitely protects the leading edge of the hood from bugs and small stones but I'm not sure it realky "deflects" anything. It just takes the impact instead of your paint.

That said I do like the way or looks. Install was easy and I don't like the more traditional "deflectors" on the Maverick. They sit off the hood and cover the front of the quarter panels too but I just think thru look stupid.

Guess I'm a slave to fashion!
Just wish they offered a clear one. I like seeing the body color better. Clear could be painted on the back side to match color of truck.

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Aren't the lights on the top daytime running?
Ford Maverick INSTALLED: Front Window Tint and Headlight "Eyelid" Kit on Cactus Grey FX4 1685646952283
Ford Maverick INSTALLED: Front Window Tint and Headlight "Eyelid" Kit on Cactus Grey FX4 1685646966440

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oooooops

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Aren't the lights on the top daytime running?
1685646952283.png
1685646966440.png
ONLY ON LARIAT TRIM. On XL and XLT there is nothing up there but a piece of plastic behind the clear outer housing. Watch my video and I explain all that.

To be clear, I covered NO functional lighting.
Sponsored