Sponsored

Installed a TruXedo Lo Pro on our XLT today. Turned out amazing!

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Day before yesterday during the evening I ordered the Lo-Pro from Real Truck. Yesterday afternoon I was talking to the wife while we watched our grandson compete at a Regional Archery competition. we decided the undercover flex tonneau would have been a better choice. I chatted with Real Truck they are taking the Lo-Pro back without questions and ordered the Undercover. Both are due to arrive tomorrow afternoon. Just have to send the Lo-Pro back for the full refund. Great Customer service.
This is exactly what I did, except I ordered the TruXedo TruxPort, it was so floppy going down the highway. I was like OH NO, not dealing with this. So, they took it back with no question and sent me the Undercover Flex, which arrived today. So, I'll be installing it tomorrow. RealTruck is the real deal! :)
Sponsored

davedogg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Jeep Wrangler 2 Door for Mav.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this the same one that is on the Ford website? Cuz I ordered one yesterday with the 20% off.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this the same one that is on the Ford website? Cuz I ordered one yesterday with the 20% off.
Yeah the Ford Soft roll up is the TruXedo TruPort from what I understand. It just has a Ford Logo on it.

Just a caveat I am very darn picky about stuff, so my experience with the TruxPort may not be an issue for anyone else. I just do not like the flapping and decided paying a little more for a TriFold is a better option for me. Not everyone wants to spend $800 to $1000 on a tonneau cover.

I think the TruXedo Low-Pro may not have the same issue as the TruxPort because of the lower profile and tighter fit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bbhaag

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
No this is the Lo Pro. The one offered on Fords website is the TruxPort.

davedogg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Jeep Wrangler 2 Door for Mav.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No this is the Lo Pro. The one offered on Fords website is the TruxPort.
This will be my first truck and I am new to tonneau covers. Can you please explain the difference?

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great. The Lo Pro or pro x15 is what I will be going with!

OP
OP
bbhaag

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
This will be my first truck and I am new to tonneau covers. Can you please explain the difference?
This is our first truck to so we are also new to bed covers. Here are the main differences between the two. All I did was go to Truxedos website and copy and paste this info.

Lo Pro features:
  • Signature Low Profile Design - Sitting only 3/4” above the truck bed, Lo Pro doesn’t distract but enhances your truck’s overall appearance.
  • Quick-Release System - The entire cover can be removed in seconds, without tools, providing true 100% full bed access.
  • Automatic Tension Control - Patented design allows the cover to maintain a tight fit and great looks in extreme temperatures and all weather conditions.
  • Industrial Grade Leather Grain - Made of the highest quality material, this tear resistant fabric is constructed to help protect your cargo from the harshest of elements.
  • Simple Operation Anodized single trigger latch requires only one finger to open the cover. The cover can be easily removed, without tools, providing true 100% full bed access. Roll the cover closed with ease to securely store and secure your cargo.
  • Lo Pro is backed with a Lifetime warranty

TruxPort features:
  • Top Mount Design - TruXport sits 1.5" above the truck bed providing distinctive good looks.
  • Quality Leather Grain Fabric - Fabric is built to help protect your cargo from the harshest of elements.
  • Pre-Set Tension Control - Pre-set tension controls are conveniently integrated into the dual latching system to keep the cover tight and looking its best all year round.
  • Easy to Use - Dual paddle latches are easily accessed at both sides of the truck, securely fastening the cover to the bed.
  • Sleek and Stylish - Straight cross tubes provide a smooth, flat look when the cover is closed.
  • The TruXport is backed with a 5 Year warranty

Hope this helps!

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still waiting for my Maverick, but ready to order the tonneau as it should arrive in mid March.

I was planning on a soft tonneau as I've had great success with them. I had an Extang Full-tilt on a Nissan previously and currently have a TruXedo TruxPort on my Colorado. It has been on about five years.

My concern is the "flapping strories" with the TruXport and even the X-15 and Lo-Pro Maverick installs on this forum all appear to have some slack in them. My Colorado's TruXport is nearly drum-tight and certainly doesn't visibly flap.

Is there something about the Maverick's bed size or geometry contributing to the soft cover's lack of tautness?

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great. The Lo Pro or pro x15 is what I will be going with!
The ProX15 is a superior product but I find the “ripples” near the cab and tailgate annoying. Photo taken a few minutes ago on my 2022 Tacoma. It was installed last month by ATO White Marsh MD.

Owner’s manual states pull from each side, preferably with 2 people. Got the “ripples” out myself from the middle but not from each end. I had a LoPro on my other Tacoma and a Ford soft roll-up on my 2016 F150.

Those I simply rolled back and attached the Velcro to the sides. This one, I have to do the extra step of pulling each side.
Ford Maverick Installed a TruXedo Lo Pro on our XLT today.  Turned out amazing! 1A9AB713-4F72-4993-8F61-40B1BBB8AEF1

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I removed the TruXedo TruxPort today and replaced it with the Undercover Flex Tri-Fold. I like this so, so much better. Looks better, no flapping. Much happier now! My intolerance for the flapping top may not be the same for others, but glad I switched to the Undercover Flex.

Waiting on RealTruck to send me a return shipping label for the TruxPort. RealTruck is great to deal with. Good customer service.

Sponsored

mcarneybsa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
A few days ago I ordered a TruXedo Lo Pro through Tonneaucoversworld.com. It arrived today so I decided to go ahead and install it.

Install was really simple all told it took less than 30 minutes and the only tool required was a 1/2" wrench. The included installation instructions were easy to follow and simple to understand. I did it by myself so no extra pair of hands needed. The quality of the materials seems really good and the fit and finish was perfect. Only time will tell how well it holds up though. TruXedo had a good reputation so I expect it to hold up a long time.

OK! Enough chit chat onto the pics!:D

IMG_20220205_145014167_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220205_145433147_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220205_145321626_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220205_145245318_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220205_145058096_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220205_145049596.jpg
Do you think it would be possible to "cheat" a clamp-on roof rack between the velcro (about 1/4" thick foot plate)? Do you think there is there enough room in the tension adjustment to account for something like that?

OP
OP
bbhaag

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Do you think it would be possible to "cheat" a clamp-on roof rack between the velcro (about 1/4" thick foot plate)? Do you think there is there enough room in the tension adjustment to account for something like that?
Maybe but I'd have to see it in person to really say. Do you have a link to the roof rack you want to install?

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How secure is this roll up one? I really want the storage space on a couple trips I'm planning this fall, but want a cover that is fairly secure. Sure it can just be cut through, but most aren't likely to do that without exactly knowing what's inside already. Basically for some daytime stops while traveling. At night what is back there will go into the hotel room with me.

OP
OP
bbhaag

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
How secure is this roll up one? I really want the storage space on a couple trips I'm planning this fall, but want a cover that is fairly secure. Sure it can just be cut through, but most aren't likely to do that without exactly knowing what's inside already. Basically for some daytime stops while traveling. At night what is back there will go into the hotel room with me.
It's secure as any soft bed cover is. The XLT and Lariat trim level comes with a locking tailgate.
Sponsored