Sponsored

Infotainment much playback having random skips - help?

Kapn_Krump

2.5L Hybrid
New member
First Name
Patrick
Joined
Sep 22, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
CO
Vehicle(s)
2026 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there,

I'm a new maverick owner have the 2026 XL and I really like it, but I have had one issue that driving me crazy - ever since I drove it off the lot when I am playing amazon music I am having random microskips, more like a hiccup, every 30 seconds or so. There's just a micropause to the music, maybe a quarter of a second, but it is very distracting and annoying. This happens with both bluetooth and wired connection. Sometimes it seems like it works great, sometimes it is really common - there just seems to be no pattern other than it always comes back.

I have had 2 other cars with android auto and this same phone with no issues.

I have searched all over to find fixes and can't find anything helpful, and everything I have tried hasn't worked.

Here's what I've tried:

Soft restart of infotainment
forgetting and re-pairing phone
turning off truck wifi (thought that would do the trick)
turning off network scanning on my phone

Lately the only thing I have found that seems to work is a complete reset of my phone every time I use the vehicle, which is annoying.

It is still under warranty, but the dealer wanted a $250 diagnostic fee which may or may not apply so I'm trying to exhaust all options on my own.

I just know this is some stupid software button and there's probably some little button I need to click off or on somewhere, but I have no idea where or what.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm fairly tech savvy but I cannot figure what is going on.
Sponsored

 

El Kabong

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2026
Threads
15
Messages
432
Reaction score
883
Location
Carnation, WA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick Lariat Hybrid AWD, 2017 VW Golf Wolfsburg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What phone are you using? Do you have a different phone you can use to test with?
 

ZABSMAV

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Mar 7, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
703
Reaction score
885
Location
Utah
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there,

I'm a new maverick owner have the 2026 XL and I really like it, but I have had one issue that driving me crazy - ever since I drove it off the lot when I am playing amazon music I am having random microskips, more like a hiccup, every 30 seconds or so. There's just a micropause to the music, maybe a quarter of a second, but it is very distracting and annoying. This happens with both bluetooth and wired connection. Sometimes it seems like it works great, sometimes it is really common - there just seems to be no pattern other than it always comes back.

I have had 2 other cars with android auto and this same phone with no issues.

I have searched all over to find fixes and can't find anything helpful, and everything I have tried hasn't worked.

Here's what I've tried:

Soft restart of infotainment
forgetting and re-pairing phone
turning off truck wifi (thought that would do the trick)
turning off network scanning on my phone

Lately the only thing I have found that seems to work is a complete reset of my phone every time I use the vehicle, which is annoying.

It is still under warranty, but the dealer wanted a $250 diagnostic fee which may or may not apply so I'm trying to exhaust all options on my own.

I just know this is some stupid software button and there's probably some little button I need to click off or on somewhere, but I have no idea where or what.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm fairly tech savvy but I cannot figure what is going on.
Who is your cellular service provider. Most likely a cellular problem not a thing to do with the vehicle itself. Have you tried playing a mp3 music file directly from your smartphone into Android Auto? If it doesn't drop out like you are saying Amazon Music does, them you will have confirmed it is either the Amazon app or a cellular network issue.
 
OP
OP

Kapn_Krump

2.5L Hybrid
New member
First Name
Patrick
Joined
Sep 22, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
CO
Vehicle(s)
2026 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who is your cellular service provider. Most likely a cellular problem not a thing to do with the vehicle itself. Have you tried playing a mp3 music file directly from your smartphone into Android Auto? If it doesn't drop out like you are saying Amazon Music does, them you will have confirmed it is either the Amazon app or a cellular network issue.
I have 2 other cars where the android auto works just fine, and it does sometimes work fine on this one which leads me to believe it is the car, not the phone.
 
OP
OP

Kapn_Krump

2.5L Hybrid
New member
First Name
Patrick
Joined
Sep 22, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
CO
Vehicle(s)
2026 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What phone are you using? Do you have a different phone you can use to test with?
testing it on another phone is a good idea, I'll try that, but my phone works just fine on 2 other android auto cars and does sometimes work fine in the truck which makes me think it is not the phone.
 

Sponsored

AVC

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Feb 27, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
254
Reaction score
200
Location
North Texas
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Hybrid XLT, '02 Ranger, '20 Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the 30 second interruption happen on ALL phone audio sources; Spotify, podcasts, music library local to your phone?

The 30 second regularity would seem to be some disagreement between Mav and phone on directing audio sources, or a BT buffering issue between the phone and Mav.

I don't use Android Auto as it insists on directing all Bluetooth streams/calls to the vehicle, vs a BT headset I wear. BUT, if we're spitballing, here, I recall you can turn off receiving calls, getting notifications, etc in the vehicle settings and/or on the phone BT settings.
 

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Aug 23, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
252
Reaction score
400
Location
Dallas, TX
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
My base (non-sync) stereo had occasional "pops" followed by a second or 2 of no sound, maybe once a week. I was not sure where they were coming from within the system, but I did upgrade to a Panda Motorworks Sync 4 system about 2 months ago and the issues seem to have disappeared.

For way less than the $250 diagnostic fee, you may be able to get a replacement head unit off Ebay. There are videos on YouTube showing how to open the dash and replace the unit, swapping mine with the Panda Motoworks kit took about an hour.
 

Tbone289

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Terry
Joined
Jul 18, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
2,424
Reaction score
4,473
Location
MO
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav FX4, '12 Focus SE Sport, '01 Focus ZX3, '00 Jeep XJ, '67 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have 2 other cars where the android auto works just fine, and it does sometimes work fine on this one which leads me to believe it is the car, not the phone.
That might be the case, but I can tell you that I used to have issues like this when I first got my Maverick and had an Android 12 phone. That phone always worked fine in other vehicles. When I upgraded to a more powerful Android 15 phone, all of my Connected Touch Radio issues with Android Auto went away.

EDIT: Disregard, @Kapn_Krump has Sync 4
 
Last edited:

El Kabong

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2026
Threads
15
Messages
432
Reaction score
883
Location
Carnation, WA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick Lariat Hybrid AWD, 2017 VW Golf Wolfsburg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For way less than the $250 diagnostic fee, you may be able to get a replacement head unit off Ebay. There are videos on YouTube showing how to open the dash and replace the unit, swapping mine with the Panda Motoworks kit took about an hour.
O.P. @Kapn_Krump has a 2026 which is the new Sync 4 system. This for me works flawlessly with Amazon Music and with music I have stored locally on my Pixel 6 Pro, both wired and wireless.

O.P. therefore has a warranty should it actually be a problem with the infotainment unit.

O.P. still has not mentioned the model of phone they are using. The fact that "it works" on other Android Auto setups is a clue but not knowing what the model of phone it is prevents further armchair troubleshooting.

E.g., look at the first response here:
Sponsored

 
 







Top