Information blackout

Freddy V

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT (Ordered)
Ordered my XLT hybrid June 29th and told delivery would be in the fall, not a problem. No word, zero word from Ford. I check with dealer now and then and get confirmation the the order is in and in line.
Would just appreciate some word from Ford, like production has started, has not started yet, starting with Eco boost engines or moving to start hybrids. Anything, any information, the not knowing anything is frustrating.
Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You didn't receive the email a couple weeks ago stating that the first hybrids would start getting delivered in January?

Squirrelfight

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Freddy, you're not alone. I ordered mine in June as well and despite confirming with Ford that they have my correct contact info, I've not heard a thing.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Information blackout giphy

OP
OP

Freddy V

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT (Ordered)
What do you want Ford to tell you, we still don't have the parts to make your truck?
Yes, any information is better than no information. If they told me to calm down because we are having problems with supplies so do not expect your vehicle until March. I would cus a little, have a beer and relax. Also, I would STFU.

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After over two months of silent waiting, contacted my dealer and discovered Ford didn't have my email. Took care of that and received
YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED

Sponsored

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Yes! A simple emailed acknowledgment of our orders, for better or worse would be nice.
You should have received this:
Ford Maverick Information blackout 1637768105399

You should have received this a day or two after your order was submitted by the dealer.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should check and make sure your dealer input your email correctly. I’ve received several updates from Ford since placing an order.

But yeah, ford sent out an email a while ago to all hybrid reservation holders letting them know the first hybrid trucks will arrive at dealers in January.

As a result, they are giving all hybrid owners who placed an order a free kit of accessories for the fit system thing (the little connection hook things inside the truck).

You should have received an order confirmation email and should receive updates over time.

I bet your dealer didn’t put your email in the proper place so ford marketing doesn’t have your info to send correspondence to.

Ford is being more transparent than other manufacturers right now.
Go order a Honda, Toyota, etc and see how many emails they send you!
Most manufacturers see an order as the dealer’s order and will only update the dealership.

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What’s weird about this is that Ford is advertising this is how they want to sell vehicles in the future by you ordering them online…..

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Having an EcoBoost order is no advantage, contrary to what I was lead to believe. Sept 1 order. NADA from Ford. Constant put-offs from dealer assuring me I WILL get my truck - accompanied by ZERO useful info. It’s really hard to determine whether or not I’m being gamed by the dealer, and at this point I’m faulting the dealer. They are the company that is selling me this vehicle. Not Ford. I think the smoke and mirrors here are embodied in the secretive dealer allotment system. They are sitting on a lot of down payments, and I’m sure THEY have a pretty good picture of how many of we buyers are going to get a vehicle any time soon.
Sponsored