Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Until it occurs to you that someone may have seen you punch in the "lock" code, assume you left the key inside, and may be waiting until you're out of sight to break in, retrieve said key, and steal your truck. That thought entered my mind the first time I locked the key in....and I've never done it since. I guess it's a matter of how crime prone your area is.
True. I'll remember this and cover when people are looking though. I'm usually pretty aware of my surroundings and park away from everyone else anyway.
Sponsored

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I definitely didn't expect so many recalls. 🤣

MaverickMom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022, Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those are the ones I get the lowest. Going to and from work is only 2-3 miles and I guess it might not be warmed up enough. If I go on longer city trips that's when I will occasionally hit the 40 mark.
A week after getting my Maverick this winter, I turned off the auto on of daytime running lights and that's when my MPG jumped up. Over 6000 miles now and total average MPG is 47+ . I think turning those daytime headlights off made a huge difference.

JamesVezo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lariat Sound system!
A/C
Easy cosmetic MODs
Smooth Ride
MPG
Some punch in that engine
Roomie interior

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hwy mileage is much greater than EPA estimate. My wife just drove from Columbia, SC to Cincinnati, Oh roundtrip 1,100 miles mostly hills and she got 42.5 mpg at 75-80 mile an hour. The computer is usually 1-1.5 mpg high but still that’s outstanding. 12,700 miles on it and we keep it in normal mode.

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A week after getting my Maverick this winter, I turned off the auto on of daytime running lights and that's when my MPG jumped up. Over 6000 miles now and total average MPG is 47+ . I think turning those daytime headlights off made a huge difference.
I'll try it. Can't hurt to help. Thanks

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Like others I have to say the A/C is impressive! I also was expected a noisier cabin but I was quite surprised at how quiet it is.

Additionally, the radio. I know many have complained so I was expecting it to not be good at all. I was pleasantly surprised to find the radio really isn't that bad. The entire Aja album by Steely Dan sounds great in it, so it suffices for me! 😎
Steely Dan is a perfect test of a stereo, especially “PEG”

MaverickResource

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tremor XLT, previous XLT Hybrid & XL Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Define "amazing"...

My EB 2.0 does roughly double the mileage than my 25 years old F150 did; no, it is not a high bar. That's what I like in the Maverick...
People on here say they are getting close to 28-30 mpg with the EB on the consistent basis. I am closer to 20 mpg.

With my Hybrid, I was closer to 33-34 mpg at 15k

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I actually expected it to be way cheaper feeling and working than it really is. So I guess my expectations were met across the board.

To answer seriously though, I would say the absolute utility of it. I was able to haul a washer, dryer, and lawnmower in one trip safely.
I can't wait to have a truck. I've wanted one but they are so massive. I just need to haul my toys and DIY stuff, no need for a v6 that cost 60k

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
People on here say they are getting close to 28-30 mpg with the EB on the consistent basis. I am closer to 20 mpg.
That depends on a number of things, like the type of driver and where the driving takes place. For example, 98% of my driving takes place in city traffic. As such, traffic congestion plays a role in the mileage. Most of the driving distances are couple of miles long, or less. Sometimes the engine doesn't fully warm up by the time the destination is reached. Under these circumstances the roughly 17 - 19 mpg is pretty much "normal". It is 70 - 90%still better than my F150 used to be in the same driving conditions. The primary reason why the F150 had been replaced.

The little highway driving my Chachkie had, roughly 40 miles total in five month, does seem to have better mileage, but it's hard to tell when the distance is under ten miles on each occasions.

While I don't have 28 - 30 mpg, there's no reason to doubt others who do. Maybe they do mostly highway driving and go easy with the gas pedal...

Sponsored

AncientMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid XLT Cactus Grey, 23 Hybrid XLT Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gas mileage on my hybrid is sometimes over 60 mpg, but with normal driving it usually gets around 42-44. I’m easily getting over 500 miles on a tank of gas. My wife, on the other hand, has a lead foot and gets around 38 😂

Hkak45

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hybrid XLT:
Roomy interior
Quiet; minimal wind and road noise
No squeaks or rattles
Comfortable seats
44 mpg average; most of my 35 mile commute is interstate
Ice cold AC
You are giving me hope for good MPG in my hybrid! I've got 30 mile each way commute and most of it is rural back roads with only 2 stop signs along the way so usually cruise 60-70 MPH. Fingers crossed I can get around 40 MPG

Oreochip

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We've had a couple complaint threads so let's hear some unexpected positive things that surprised you about your Mav. Not your general likes, but something that exceeded what you expected.

For me:

Excellent AC
Interior roominess despite small size
Quiet and smooth ride (this was probably my #1 surprise, saw many complaints on this one but my XLT hybrid is very smooth and quiet at highway speeds)
Same for me. The quiet and smooth ride.

briandefilippo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hybrid is reliable and starts every time.
Get compliments on Velocity blue.
Enough room to carry all I need and more.
42 mpg
Love the cruise control
But still hard to judge when trying to park between the lines