First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No eco mode? Send me a picture of the area around your dial gear. Mine (FWD Ecoboost) clearly has options for Normal, Towing, Snow/Ice and Eco.
Honestly -it has normal, towing, slippery mud/ruts and sand. That's it
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No eco mode on the 2.0 Turbo, at least not mine. FX4 shouldn't change it, but I have upgraded tires; even before the new shoes, mileage was still as I reported. Others on here have confirmed this a few times...
FX4 does disable Eco mode - some on here have manually enabled it using FORScan.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly -it has normal, towing, slippery mud/ruts and sand. That's it
Now you're making me question life as a Maverick owner.

Went out to my truck just now to make sure I wasn't having an acid trip. Mine has Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, ECO, and Sport.

Not sure why I interpreted Slippery for snow/ice (except there is something that looks like a snowflake or whatever you care to call it in that mode.)

AnnieWaits

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The driving dynamics, lack of road noise, and general refinement of my XL EB AWD are far better than anything in its $25k price range. Performance is also great. The handling is predictable and I also clocked a 5.95 second 0-60 time using the Fastr app without doing anything special to launch it, so it's quite the sleeper. The only thing I would consider trading it for is a RAV4 Prime, but I'm not willing to pay twice as much as the Maverick to have one.

MaverickResource

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tremor XLT, previous XLT Hybrid & XL Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For the price point, the 2 Mavericks I have owned greatly exceeded my expectations.

However, contrary to some of you. I do not get amazing gas mileage.

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Went out to my truck just now to make sure I wasn't having an acid trip. Mine has Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, ECO, and Sport.

Not sure why I interpreted Slippery for snow/ice (except there is something that looks like a snowflake or whatever you care to call it in that mode.)
As mentioned, the FX4 package deletes Eco & Sport modes, and adds Sand & Mud/Ruts modes.

Stupak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Maybe its because I have the FX4 Package they change it. Cheers!

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Actually, if I had a do-over in purchasing a Maverick, I would have gone with the FX4 package.
One of the reasons I didn't add the FX4 option to my order is because I wanted Eco mode (and didn't want to mess with Forscan). I love that this truck is so versatile and can meet the varying needs of a lot of people.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One of the reasons I didn't add the FX4 option to my order is because I wanted Eco mode (and didn't want to mess with Forscan). I love that this truck is so versatile and can meet the varying needs of a lot of people.
I have no complaints with my FWD truck, although my towing needs have expanded. I know as-is my truck is capable of pulling 2000lbs and I don't need to do it but a few times a year, but I might need to get something with a bit more ass behind it. 4000lb tow capacity would be better.

Not to change the subject, but did someone post the link and options for ordering the 2024? I may brave it again. A Maverick in hand is better than one in the order banks...with the exception of those of you lucky enough to somehow manage to get multiple Mavericks in a short timeframe. ;)

Sponsored

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have no complaints with my FWD truck, although my towing needs have expanded. I know as-is my truck is capable of pulling 2000lbs and I don't need to do it but a few times a year, but I might need to get something with a bit more ass behind it. 4000lb tow capacity would be better.
I did get the 4k tow package, but did not get the FX4 package. I've hauled a few trailers between 1600 lbs to 3800 lbs and had no trouble at all.

Jboychuck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick has 27750 kilometers on it. After a 4 hour trip I was getting 7.1 kl per 100 litres. In imperial gallons, it works out to about 39.75 miles per gallon. I couldn't be any happier.

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
For the price point, the 2 Mavericks I have owned greatly exceeded my expectations.

However, contrary to some of you. I do not get amazing gas mileage.
Define "amazing"...

My EB 2.0 does roughly double the mileage than my 25 years old F150 did; no, it is not a high bar. That's what I like in the Maverick...

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't wait to be able to do this. It'll be nice not having the keys on me during a run/walk/hike.
Until it occurs to you that someone may have seen you punch in the "lock" code, assume you left the key inside, and may be waiting until you're out of sight to break in, retrieve said key, and steal your truck. That thought entered my mind the first time I locked the key in....and I've never done it since. I guess it's a matter of how crime prone your area is.
Sponsored