Sponsored

If I order a Maverick now in September when might I get it?

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I thought as much. Say, you have the same build I want! Hybrid XLT Area 51 / Luxury / Co-pilot, rear window. The only thing different I also want the tri-fold hard cover. Maybe I'll call the dealer and see what they have to say. If I can believe them!
I ordered the Latiat with the Lux package, which includes (well, requires) Co-pilot. I want the hard tri-fold cover, too, but decided to get it after market on the chance it might hold things up. My understanding is that Bak-Flip makes the factory hard cover. It's $100 less expensive after-market and doesn't look too hard to install.

Row Jimmy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger XLT
Order now and hope for 2023 delivery. (seriously) Get your price locked in because the dealers will be scalping like mad on this thing. The Maverick I predict will in time become Fords all time leading seller.

Now, we get to the real point, an article out today says the government may step in and declare under a never used rule before under the heading of national defense or something similar to that effect because they found out that certain company's are hording all the computer chips.

Obviously paying top dollar for them to hurt other manufactures. And you can guess where it's originating from, those commie rats and the greedy shareholders of America.

However unlike the Bronco fiasco the Maverick shares many of the same parts from several vehicles Ford produces.
Do you have a link to the article mentioned in this post?

bbishop0806

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiesta
Lots of unknowns like you mention. I think the biggest kicker is if you want a ecoboost or hybrid?

If you want an ecoboost you could order this Wednesday and be scheduled for a November build on Thursday.

Hybrid “should” take longer to get a build date, if all things considered stay the same.

You can order certain items; stand alone spray-in bed liner, tonneau cover(s), etc and you will be able to have your build pushed back as those items are constrained.

Lots of variables. Long winded but hope that helps.
My dealer still telling me the tonneau cover is not holding the build up.....

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer still telling me the tonneau cover is not holding the build up.....
Don't believe your dealer. Earlier this month I removed the tonneau cover from my order and the following I got scheduled for a 11/8 build date!

Sponsored

bbishop0806

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiesta
Don't believe your dealer. Earlier this month I removed the tonneau cover from my order and the following I got scheduled for a 11/8 build date!
i'm going to give it a few more weeks and then just tell him to remove it. i can buy the damn thing aftermarket.

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lots of unknowns like you mention. I think the biggest kicker is if you want a ecoboost or hybrid?

If you want an ecoboost you could order this Wednesday and be scheduled for a November build on Thursday.

Hybrid “should” take longer to get a build date, if all things considered stay the same.

You can order certain items; stand alone spray-in bed liner, tonneau cover(s), etc and you will be able to have your build pushed back as those items are constrained.

Lots of variables. Long winded but hope that helps.
If you want the hybrid, order now. Ford was caught off guard by the number of hybrid orders and was only expecting to build 40% hybrid orders. It shouldn’t take them long to catch to demand since the hybrid motors are built in house. If you wanting the 2.0 eco boost if you order now I’m guessing January.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Ford Maverick If I order a Maverick now in September when might I get it? 424CDC45-2DCA-4047-B819-D659AECD2EE7

Matt Damon is still waiting for his order;)

yadiermind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Cactus Grey XLT lux 360 with sliding window and moonroof last Monday. Was told “hopefully” 6 months at the latest

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Cactus Grey XLT lux 360 with sliding window and moonroof last Monday. Was told “hopefully” 6 months at the latest
I just ordered an Area 51 XLT hybrid Lux/360 with tonneau cover. I'm hoping to have it in about the same amount of time. I know the tonneau cover is causing delays right now, but hopefully not by next spring! Also got 4% off MSRP and $0 deposit.

Did you get the hybrid or ecoboost?

Sponsored

yadiermind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered an Area 51 XLT hybrid Lux/360 with tonneau cover. I'm hoping to have it in about the same amount of time. I know the tonneau cover is causing delays right now, but hopefully not by next spring! Also got 4% off MSRP and $0 deposit.

Did you get the hybrid or ecoboost?
Hybrid

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would like to get a new Maverick in the spring of 2022. It's now September 2021, and I just read an article in which someone said they expect to receive their Maverick in the summer of 2022. Is there any accurate estimate of how long it would take to get the Mav? I guess the answer to this question is to difficult to answer, too many unknowns. But after reading that post, I'm inclined to order it now.
If you want you Maverick sooner than later then keep the order simple. Don't put on any item that is "late availability" or constrained.

My Build:

Velocity Blue XLT - Hybrid with Co-Pilot360 + Rear Sliding Window + 110V/400W Outlet in Cab.

Ordered 8/23, Scheduled for Build 11/8

I took off everything that I could get aftermarket.

I am adding from pfeifferwholesaleparts.com: All Weather Floor Liners, Tailgate Damper

Also you probably want to avoid the mega-dealers who have hundreds of orders as their allocations per month is only about 10% of their orders outstanding so those who have outstanding orders with them will be waiting a long time to be scheduled.

I ordered from a local dealer that had 29 Maverick orders ahead of me but I was scheduled before most of them because my order was simple.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reality Bites: there's not a single hard data point to use on estimating when a retail buyer might see their Maverick delivered. There's 10s of thousands of orders in and confirmed completed builds in transit- but not 1 single buyer has received their truck yet.

You mention in a later post your circumstances may change and not want the Maverick after-all for some reason. That's a huge Red flag to committing to this purchase and the stress over guessing if it will arrive in time for your situation.

My advice for you- shop around for something else that gives you control over when you actually drive it home.
This is likely the best answer here…I can’t find a single data point to estimate arrival of the trucks, though I do believe some of the orders have been fulfilled at this point- just not here where the cool kids hang out. I didn’t order mine until just recently because it is pretty unbuildable…oh well, I am in the cue now. Not sure why folks would pay for a truck they didn’t want and change orders all the time, but everyone’s situation is different. My dealer said that I ought to see it in the spring…I replied “aren’t you ambitious.” Betting on the fact that eventually supply chain issues will lessen and that Ford will direct a ton of resources at this truck that sells itself sometime in 2022, I am HOPING to be able to park it in my favorite spot for my annual camping trip on July 4th 2022…mostly because loading all my stuff onto the roof is getting old.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep. Everybody is correct that nobody really knows. Too many variables to consider. Dealer allotments, power train, options and packages, supply constraints, round robin selection method, Santa's naughty list, etc...

I half jokingly said to myself I'd get mine as a birthday gift to myself, but now I'm seriously thinking it will be that. My birthday is in May.
Sponsored

Last edited: