J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To: "I’m getting more discouraged about my order"
Just sit and wait!!!! I ordered my Maverick last year on Nov. 1st, 2022.
It is still not build yet.The estimated build date is the week of October 17th. It has moved around 5 different dates.
I have had my VIN number since August 4th. I have had a total of 3 email communications form Ford on my order.
I ordered my '22 on Nov 4, 2021, but it was never built. I'm hoping to get a '23 sometime in '24 ;)

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maverick Memes under off topic is a great way to enjoy the wait.
Yep. There is no substitute. Become a master of memes because you may end up waiting the best part of a year before delivery. Patience for months is the key.

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any idea if the rubber floor mats are a constrained item? Don’t recall seeing it on the constrained items list. Just curious because if it is, it’s definitely something I can live without and would remove it.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Christmas this year? That will never happen. Hopefully by Christmas 2023.

Sponsored

Goose201

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In the past two years I have ordered two (2) F-150's. Joined the F-150 forums, and have seen all the hand wringing and speculation that ensued. It's something akin to reading all of the possible side effects of a medication...it can scare the hell out of you! While some folks on here have some good insight on various topics, what nobody has as far as I know, is factual inside information. That includes Ford dealerships, as I read a lot of contrary information coming from them. I can tell you this, having read the same comments and depressing speculations, in the end, I received BOTH of my trucks. My experience was roughly eight (8) months per truck. My salesman is fairly certain it will be six-to-eight months for my Maverick Lariat with CP360 Assist. I understand many people on here have waited longer for their Maverick's for whatever reason(s). I can only "speculate" because it is a new make/model vehicle Ford had to tool up for, and/or the customer added several constraint items along with after market type items. "Constraint" does not mean impossible, just going to be longer for Ford to put the parts all together. ANY aftermarket items, I left off including floor mats as those type of parts are low "just in time" inventory. While no guarantee, if you got your confirmation, you will most likely get your truck. Times have changed with this B.S. self inflicted "parts shortage." But that is literally politics. If you can drop the floor mats, a true after market type item, I would. While the XL Hybrid will not be produced in the same quantity as the XLT or Lariat, they will get built. Your trailer hitch may slow it down, but it will most likely not keep it from being built. Bottom line, I would just be patient and don't check here late at night keeping yourself awake :)
It also wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the negative posts are just from competing brands trying to reduce faith in Ford.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you ordered your 23 Maverick just this month, and you are already complaining, you need to go find a hobby. It's going to be months before you see your truck. As others have already commented, many here have waited a year or more and still don't have their truck. So we aren't giving you a hug because you've waited a week already.

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My January 22 order is a 23 re-order now. You're just gonna have to wait. As an experiment, we went up to the dealer on the final day of the order banks being open on the 21st and ordered a second base XLT EB FWD with no options. It'll be interesting to see which one schedules and gets built first. My order has constraints, the other one doesn't. Maybe by next summer we will have one or the other....maybe not.

saltyy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If worrying about when or if you will get a new truck is your biggest worry in the world then you are a very fortunate person so keep that in mind.

The XL Hybrid is a very popular choice that will be hard to get because Ford has said that they only plan on making 15% of the Mavericks as XLs and 35% of them as Hybrids. No, one including Ford, knows what they will be actually able to make but waiting a year or more to get one is likely as is not getting one at all even if you wait a year. You need to learn to accept that possibility.

The good news is that you have lots of alternatives if you really need a truck.

1) You can buy something else. You could either keep this for the long term or replace it with a Maverick if you get your order.

2) You could have your order changed to an XL Ecoboost instead of the hybrid and there is a good chance you could get that by next spring. (But no one really knows that either)

3) You can pay an additional $10K markup to buy a nearly new used one off of a dealers lot. Keep in mind though that if you are going to pay $35K you have lots of other vehicles that you could get for the same price and some of them may be better choices for you.

As others have said take the rubber floor mats off your order since that could delay your order. Once your get your Maverick you will also get a couple of hundred dollars worth of FordPass points and you can then get the floor mats with those so you can get them for free.
Man those numbers don't look good. I ordered a XL Hybrid. My sales rep told me about this and suggested to order at least a XLT to get a better shot on a faster delivery. Looks like 2025 will be my year! :ROFLMAO:

Ferdinand

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have an email order confirmation from Ford but nothing else, you might be asking your dealer if your order has been accepted b and confirmed by Ford. If yes, please ask him if he has a VIN number for your truck. If has has no VIN number, your order should be rolled over to MY23, however, you must sign a new order with your dealer, which he must insert in Fords order system.
You should get a new order confirmation from Ford and a private offer.
If all of this fails, I suggest to call Ford Customer Service, and give them your order number. They will update you on your current status.
Good luck with your case.

Sponsored

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It sounds like you have too much time on your hands. Maybe get a second job and by the time your Mav arrives you can pay cash. 👍

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just read that there is a shortage of Blue Oval and model badges.
it is because the co. Making them dumped chemical down the drain and got caught.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have an order in, all you can do is wait. Truck is not coming anytime soon anyway. I think the forum has reacted very strongly to the low allocation emails which has resulted in negative moods in some of the threads, but it also sounds like allocation numbers may be updated this week or next. Just wait until we hear more
If you truly received a Email confirmation from Ford for your order just sit back and sip on your cocktail 🍹

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Best to not pay attention to forums until cold hard facts come out. Ford barely released any info last year and now you’ve got people acting like they’ve figured out Fords entire production schedule and allocation list.
This forum has provided more accurate information than my dealer or Ford on my past and current order. Thanks to all those in the know who do contribute.
Sponsored