Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So my MY24 Bronco Big Bend Sas entered production this week out of left field. Got an e-mail that said it would be included in next week's build group and I checked with the dealer and he said it is already on the assembly line.

Unfortunately I paid $42k for my BaseSquatch (2022) and now this Big Bend Sas is $54k (yes it has MGV, 12", HOSS rack, signature lights) but thats a HUGE increase.

Going to be tough to say no to it when it arrives but it would cost me $25k and my Tremor.

The little Mav is going to win out I believe.
I would definitely keep the Tremor if I were you, my Bronco is my wife's daily and she doesn't hate the Mav by any means, but she wants a Bronco. Bronco and Maverick have some things in common with packages in that the good stuff is jammed into the top trims and can't be had separately in lower trims, despite MANY other Ford models offering the same feature as low as the base trim packages. That's a combination of profit and demand control, I guess. Mostly profit.
I'm assuming after the demand dies down, which I do expect to happen in the next year, Broncos will have content changes which result in better pricing. Besides just the direct price increases, you, me and tons of other people can literally not order the same thing now that they already have (or previously had).

I think we've discussed this before but my wife's build is completely impossible now: 2 Door Outer Banks 2.3 10A Adv 4x4 non-squatch lux. I almost ordered high pkg instead of lux, and would have installed my own soundsystem, but the B&O is fine for my wife's tastes and the heated wheel is nice. Today there's no 2d OBX, no high package, no adv 4x4 unless Badlands or sasquatch. The cheapest 2d with lux is the Badlands and you are forced into 2.7 with the 10 speed auto, 60K. Hers was more than $10k less. Probably would have to live without the 360 camera and heated wheel and just get a Big Bend or Heritage.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would definitely keep the Tremor if I were you, my Bronco is my wife's daily and she doesn't hate the Mav by any means, but she wants a Bronco. Bronco and Maverick have some things in common with packages in that the good stuff is jammed into the top trims and can't be had separately in lower trims, despite MANY other Ford models offering the same feature as low as the base trim packages. That's a combination of profit and demand control, I guess. Mostly profit.
I'm assuming after the demand dies down, which I do expect to happen in the next year, Broncos will have content changes which result in better pricing. Besides just the direct price increases, you, me and tons of other people can literally not order the same thing now that they already have (or previously had).

I think we've discussed this before but my wife's build is completely impossible now: 2 Door Outer Banks 2.3 10A Adv 4x4 non-squatch lux. I almost ordered high pkg instead of lux, and would have installed my own soundsystem, but the B&O is fine for my wife's tastes and the heated wheel is nice. Today there's no 2d OBX, no high package, no adv 4x4 unless Badlands or sasquatch. The cheapest 2d with lux is the Badlands and you are forced into 2.7 with the 10 speed auto, 60K. Hers was more than $10k less. Probably would have to live without the 360 camera and heated wheel and just get a Big Bend or Heritage.
Yeah I had a MY23 Black Diamond with a 2.7 and AdvancedTrac ordered/delivered but I turned it down for the MY24. The dealer actually had to sell it for about $500 under MSRP to get a buyer.

Now you can't get the 2.7 in the BB or the BD - nor can you order AdvancedTrac as an add on.

They also de-contented the Big Bend by removing the heated steering wheel - which to me is a must in the Bronco in the north with a soft top.

I really do enjoy the Bronco but I agree with you that pricing and packaging has made it difficult to get what you actually want for an affordable price. I also think we've seen the peak of demand for them.

What it really boils down to is so far I've had zero issues with the Tremor and I just really like it - plus I want to see what an S&B intake and Livernois tune will do for it!

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid