Not open for further replies.

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2022 Tesla Model Y Perf
Now try pre-ordering a Cybertruck that was already suppose to be in production by now. Hopefully you didn't pay $10,000 for FSD. That was just a year away in 2016. I wouldn't hold my breath that the car will be delivered between May 19th and June 16th.
I hear ya. I do have a cybertruck reservation. I also have a day 1 lightning reservation. Reservation and order are 2 different things. Don't get me started on the Ford reservation process (I wasn't in Wave 1 or 2). Dealerships were able to put their own sales reps ahead of actual customers. After Wave 1 all the Pro's are no longer available. You really think @fordvideoguy has purchased a Bronco, Maverick, or Lightning for himself? He and all other dealers took the early spots for themselves so they can sell it. It is the Ford system that sucks. Either no info or conflicting info.

At least with Tesla I have an idea and that will be updated as things change vs just waiting for the Thursday lottery to hear anything. And you go in knowing they will be late.
Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I hear ya. I do have a cybertruck reservation. I also have a day 1 lightning reservation. Reservation and order are 2 different things. Don't get me started on the Ford reservation process (I wasn't in Wave 1 or 2). Dealerships were able to put their own sales reps ahead of actual customers. After Wave 1 all the Pro's are no longer available. You really think @fordvideoguy has purchased a Bronco, Maverick, or Lightning for himself? He and all other dealers took the early spots for themselves so they can sell it. It is the Ford system that sucks. Either no info or conflicting info.

At least with Tesla I have an idea and that will be updated as things change vs just waiting for the Thursday lottery to hear anything. And you go in knowing they will be late.
I did buy a Bronco for myself, canceled my Maverick but it was suppose to be for my son, but my daughter did buy one. Pictures of that are on Twitter. And I do plan to buy a Lightning, trade in my 2020 Ford F-150. I'm all in on the Ford family. You forgot about the 2022 Ford Expedition Max the wife has on order as well.

Ford Maverick Hybrids canceled? 20211109_172027

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did buy a Bronco for myself, canceled my Maverick but it was suppose to be for my son, but my daughter did buy one. Pictures of that are on Twitter. And I do plan to buy a Lightning, trade in my 2020 Ford F-150. I'm all in on the Ford family. You forgot about the 2022 Ford Expedition Max the wife has on order as well.

20211109_172027.jpg
My Bronco is slated to arrive 2/10. Never thought it would arrive before the MavBrid. Can't wait!

Mikk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer Grapevine Ford called me today and told me that Ford was out of hybrid engines and would not be building any more hybrids. I called Ford Marketing and they seemed confused by this but after getting put on hold I was told that was true. I am wondering if this is true or if it is just confusion over the not taking any orders for hybrids. The dealer said he could switch it over to the ecoboost but wanted 2500 more in dealer markup.
Does anyone have any insight into this? I

There may be some truth to this: My Maverick was scheduled to be built on January 17th, then was pushed back to January 31st. Suddenly last Friday that was changed to the week of March 14th and now is the week of March 21st. The last two are sudden, rather drastic changes. Something is going on! :-(

Sponsored

CactusGrey

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
I emailed my ford sales rep here in Cincinnati about this last week, he told me he had not heard anything like that, nor any other dealership in the area. Maybe late orders?

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
if y'all would listen to me,i told all of you this was the case when a wise guy could not shut his mouth about my grammer and at that time i told him i was worried about my order on my maverick being pushed back untill oct-2023.please listen to me i have already exp-this from my ford dealer a weel ago and posted on this sight about my maverick order on oct-25-2022.So icall ford they said the same thing that my order was still in processing and that i might want to go to my dealer and ask to see the "VEIW-SHEET-STATUS" eather on screen or aprint out of your veiw-status it will start out all on one line with ORDER#( ) and thenBODY-CODE(W8EO) and then VEHICLE-LINE(MAVERICK)and thenPRIMARY(in order processing) and the next and this is very very important SECONDARY(UNSCHEDULED-CLEAN)This means you are going to get built and scheduled But If it say says(UNSCEDULED BALANCE OUT) this means you are not going to get scheduled for your hybrid period.please by all means check with your dealer now i have already been through this with my dealer iam sure you all seen my post NO HYBRID ENGINS.thank and i hope this will help to resolve your orders.STEVE

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
if y'all would listen to me,i told all of you this was the case when a wise guy could not shut his mouth about my grammer and at that time i told him i was worried about my order on my maverick being pushed back untill oct-2023.please listen to me i have already exp-this from my ford dealer a weel ago and posted on this sight about my maverick order on oct-25-2022.So icall ford they said the same thing that my order was still in processing and that i might want to go to my dealer and ask to see the "VEIW-SHEET-STATUS" eather on screen or aprint out of your veiw-status it will start out all on one line with ORDER#( ) and thenBODY-CODE(W8EO) and then VEHICLE-LINE(MAVERICK)and thenPRIMARY(in order processing) and the next and this is very very important SECONDARY(UNSCHEDULED-CLEAN)This means you are going to get built and scheduled But If it say says(UNSCEDULED BALANCE OUT) this means you are not going to get scheduled for your hybrid period.please by all means check with your dealer now i have already been through this with my dealer iam sure you all seen my post NO HYBRID ENGINS.thank and i hope this will help to resolve your orders.STEVE
I didn't see where you updated your topic. Is yours UNSCHEDULED-CLEAN or UNSCEDULED BALANCE OUT?

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There may be some truth to this: My Maverick was scheduled to be built on January 17th, then was pushed back to January 31st. Suddenly last Friday that was changed to the week of March 14th and now is the week of March 21st. The last two are sudden, rather drastic changes. Something is going on! :-(
Strictly layman's opinion.

Other than disappointment I wouldn't read too much into it. February builds have already been scheduled so whatever the constraint or hold-up impacting your original build date, March may be the earliest open period it could be shoehorned in.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20211109_172027.jpg
Sounds like you're putting your employee discount to good use there Ford video guy

Sponsored
OP
OP

killerfrog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I emailed my ford sales rep here in Cincinnati about this last week, he told me he had not heard anything like that, nor any other dealership in the area. Maybe late orders?
Not a late order. I ordered it July 12 and have had it confirmed by Ford.

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2022 Tesla Model Y Perf

20211109_172027.jpg
I am big enough to admit I was wrong in your case and I want to add - the information you provide to the community is invaluable.

My opinion(And we all know about people with opinions), it is just a bit of a conflict when Ford allows Ford Dealership employees to get ahead of retail customers. You mentioned in your Ford Lightning video that you and another sales rep were 1 and 2 for the lightning in your dealership. You either got advanced info on the reservation website and pounded the refresh on the website waiting for it to be active, you moved yourself up using Ford's customer loyalty allotment, or got lucky. And to be fair - you are a more loyal Ford guy than I am but I was ready to have both a Mav and a Lightning in my driveway but alas it isn't meant to be. I was going to join the Ford cult instead of the Tesla Cult.

And even if you didn't put yourself ahead - There are hundreds of dealers that probably did this. Kinda like a radio station allowing their own DJs to call in for prizes using the backline.

Not judging your actions - You are allowed to do so by Ford and if I was in the same position as you I would absolutely do everything I was allowed to do to get the vehicle early. Judging Ford's decision to allow this. The reservation process should be first come first serve as they claim it to be.

And yes @fordvideoguy I like and subscribe to your videos :)

Last edited:

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't see where you updated your topic. Is yours UNSCHEDULED-CLEAN or UNSCEDULED BALANCE OUT?
it was unscheduled balance out my dealer told me and also showed me where they e mail the ford rep on my behalf to put me back to clean status and he said he could not! so what i did was order the lariat in a hot pepper red clean eco-boost he the dealer put it in on jan 17 th the dealer also treated me right by letting me have it at invoice plus tax and title,they did this because of what happen.they also said i could drive it untill oct and trade it in and get a awsome trade value for it when my hybrid comes in

Mikk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Strictly layman's opinion.

Other than disappointment I wouldn't read too much into it. February builds have already been scheduled so whatever the constraint or hold-up impacting your original build date, March may be the earliest open period it could be shoehorned in.

I would read quite a bit into that: Mine was ordered in August, was scheduled for January production way back in November. I ordered an XLT hybrid, no Co-Pilot 360 to keep the electronics down. My dealer's manager called his Ford rep and asked whether there was just a "pushback on Mavericks", the reply was "yes". Hoping you're right, though!

DesertMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit HD, Subaru Forester
We're getting more and more misinformation on this forum... ugh
I agree. It appears it IS TIME to end this. After visiting the forum for the past six months I feel there is nothing but despair, anger, resentment, jealousy and mis-information here. I find it hard to believe that people have nothing better to do.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.