Sponsored

Hybrid scheduled remote start at interval to charge 12v?

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
AS in? So if the owner deployed would they be able to start the car, engine run?
Good question, I am not certain of the security level of the application. One presumes i is eiher local, like ble or it is authenticated through Ford first. If it is authenticated through ford, yes you should be able to remote start your truck from kabul. If it is ble or similar, then no as it requires proximity, or at last a device capabl of ble needs to be in the vicinity i wonder if it could be proxied through a Pi4 … in any case, what to do n the even of extended non presence near the vehicle is clearly stated in the owners manual
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good question, I am not certain of the security level of the application. One presumes i is eiher local, like ble or it is authenticated through Ford first. If it is authenticated through ford, yes you should be able to remote start your truck from kabul. If it is ble or similar, then no as it requires proximity, or at last a device capabl of ble needs to be in the vicinity i wonder if it could be proxied through a Pi4 … in any case, what to do n the even of extended non presence near the vehicle is clearly stated in the owners manual
I think Ford Pass Connect only works through AT&T cell system, so outside of their coverage area I don’t think you can remotely start the vehicle.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think Ford Pass Connect only works through AT&T cell system, so outside of their coverage area I don’t think you can remotely start the vehicle.
I have been told Mint will also work, but AT&T is remarkably global and has few telegraphs these days

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that means that the truck -- not the phone -- has to be within the AT&T cell system. My phone is on Verizon and I would be very surprised if that meant I couldn't use Ford Pass Connect.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that means that the truck -- not the phone -- has to be within the AT&T cell system. My phone is on Verizon and I would be very surprised if that meant I couldn't use Ford Pass Connect.
True, I stand corrected

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True, I stand corrected
So maybe you should not leave your truck in kabul and expect it to be in one piece when you come back. Sorry, just injecting my twisted humour.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmm good point, although I wonder if 15m is enough to be dangerous in a small garage? I honestly have no idea.
That is absolutely long enough to be dangerous in a small garage without ventilation. Please never do that. Here in WI we lose people every winter from this.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is a while? 24 hours, 36, 48 72 hours or you talking days?
I travel a lot for work, usually weeks at a time. My Escape sat at it's longest in an airport parking lot for almost 2 months and had zero issues starting up. I know the app kept saying something about 'deep sleep' after about 48 hours of sitting idle.
Sponsored