Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I assume that setting is buried in the menus somewhere, but I haven’t been in there in quite a while. So I think it glitched itself there.

But now that I know it’s a feature and not a bug, I’m trying it out to see if it’s useful.

Is anyone else using this feature?
Auto brake hold is activated by one of the three buttons (far right IIRC) just in front of the center storage bin. I leave it on all the time and absolutely love it.
Sponsored

Sponsored

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has supplied creep mode on hybrids to lower complaints from automatic fanatics now driving hybrids (maybe ev"s?). I believe it can be turned off but do not remember for sure. It is nice. I use mine when I want to enter my garage as I have a 1" bump and creep in Low gear will furnish enough torque to do it but not in any other drive mode. I also back into garage in my second maverick and like it because with the backup camera and rear side mirror in my XLT lux will let me get within 2" of my freezer. The rear door handle is the guide point in mirror if it has any clearance the fender well will clear!🤗
With a conventional automatic I always put it in neutral when stopped, I hate the thought of the torque converter just churning oil and getting hot! I'm annoyed to find that the hybrid has 'creep' and I have to put it in 'N' to disengage.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My truck quit doing the creep forward when stopped in drive. I have to hit the “gas” pedal to get it going.

Anyone else seeing this?
There is a button you press to enable or disable that feature. I don’t remember where it is.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With a conventional automatic I always put it in neutral when stopped, I hate the thought of the torque converter just churning oil and getting hot! I'm annoyed to find that the hybrid has 'creep' and I have to put it in 'N' to disengage.
Turn on the brake hold (the button with the hand in a circle) which when stopped with foot on brake pedal sets the brake to prevent rolling and turns off the minute creep current going to the electric drive motor allowing driver to take his foot off the brake pedal. Then when go pedal is pushed the brake is released and the current to drive motor is turned on either from ice or battery.

Sponsored

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Turn on the brake hold (the button with the hand in a circle) which when stopped with foot on brake pedal sets the brake to prevent rolling and turns off the minute creep current going to the electric drive motor allowing driver to take his foot off the brake pedal. Then when go pedal is pushed the brake is released and the current to drive motor is turned on either from ice or battery.
A couple of things I don't like about the Brake Hold: The lurch when it releases and the go pedal is pressed and Brake Hold keeps the brake lights burning and melting the lenses in the Arizona heat. The Park Brake doesn't put on the brake lights but still jerks when you move off unless you manually release it - which is what I do.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A couple of things I don't like about the Brake Hold: The lurch when it releases and the go pedal is pressed and Brake Hold keeps the brake lights burning and melting the lenses in the Arizona heat. The Park Brake doesn't put on the brake lights but still jerks when you move off unless you manually release it - which is what I do.
Maybe you need software updated??? I have no lurching with brake hold on. Seems like dealer did tsb grabby brake software update when of oil changes.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you also put your car up on jack stands when you park to take stress off the tires?
Sponsored