First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Hybrid Maverick has no "Brake Mode" selector but the drive modes are somewhat equivalent in that the "ECO mode" vs "Normal mode" has a lot more aggressive regeneration.

I have noticed this in action on my Maverick Hybrid when in ECO driving mode. Taking your foot off the accelerator produces about twice the regeneration power and does slow down faster. When in ECO mode I have found that I can obtain 100% energy returned reports on every stop.
Yes! I confirm the easy 98-100% energy returned situation. I find it excellent to use the "L" button in moderately heavy stop and go traffic up to about 40 mph. With a little practice the brake pedal may only have to be used to come to a complete stop. Down side is the HVB can rapidly be charged to the point that the engine braking rpm will become disturbingly loud to the point I turn off the "L" button. And go back to economy only mode.
Sponsored

Deleted member 1483

So many different answers here. I think the hybrid L mode is exactly the same idea as the prius “b” mode. It maxes out regen braking and supplements with engine braking if needed

(edit apparently b mode on prius is designed to mix engine braking to save the battery from filling on a long hill.

I can’t confirm if on the maverick the engine comes on early or not, but it seems like it does more often with L mode)

It will not completely be one pedal driving

I find it more useful in situations where im on a really bumpy road and dont want to roll too fast.

I use it occasionally on really winding roads to keep from gaining too much momentum coming up to a corner.

Last edited by a moderator: