First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's weird. I've never heard of this. Where do you live?
I was wondering this too. He said it was 2013, so maybe it was a thing ten years ago? 🤔
Anyway, they'd have have it wrong in my case. The only thing "green" about me is my money. I don't like wasting it....or sending any more of it than I can avoid to some Saudi potentate.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based on this forum, you can tell the hybrids b/c they're on fire.
Yeah, that's crazy since the only photo ever shown on this forum was a burned out Eco-boost.

jmckinley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Lariat, 2013 Ford C Max, 1995 Mazda Miat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live north of Cincinnati.
But harassment of hybrids and electric cars is not that rare all over the country. Google "Prius Harassment" or "Tesla Harassment" and see what's going on.

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live north of Cincinnati.
But harassment of hybrids and electric cars is not that rare all over the country. Google "Prius Harassment" or "Tesla Harassment" and see what's going on.
What is wrong with people? Yeah, I know, how long do I have right? I still chuckle over what Mark Wahlberg kept calling Will Farrell's Prius in the movie The Other Guys. :ROFLMAO:

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If Maverick Hybrid buyers were anything like early Prius buyers (luckily they're not), it'd be really easy. Just look for the sanctimonious bumper stickers.

Please Maverick hybrid buyers. We can't identify you if you're driving normally with no decoration. Please add some bumper stickers and slow way down. And give us an angry glare when we're not driving 10 MPH under the speed limit.

Really though, Maverick hybrid buyers are no fun. They're way too normal.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
On the exterior the hybrid badge is on the tailgate. On the interior the gauge cluster.

Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Speaking of the Hybrid badge. When I got my C Max Hybrid back in 2013, I was amazed at how much I was being tailgated by big pickups no matter how fast I was driving. And on a few occasions I got the "Rolling Coal" treatment too.

When I finally realized this was anti-greenie harassment, I removed the Hybrid badge from the rear deck and the problems stopped.

I'm pretty sure if I ever get my Maverick, the Hybrid badge will be gone as soon as I get it home.
Seriously? Why are people threatened/annoyed at hybrids? How does this hurt them?

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I got my C Max Hybrid back in 2013, I was amazed at how much I was being tailgated by big pickups no matter how fast I was driving. And on a few occasions I got the "Rolling Coal" treatment too.

When I finally realized this was anti-greenie harassment, I removed the Hybrid badge from the rear deck and the problems stopped.
Why in the world would it matter to any other living soul what kind of a car I drive? Do these gum balls really have nothing better to get all fired up about than this? Sigh.

Ranger5.0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Lexus IS350 F Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why in the world would it matter to any other living soul what kind of a car I drive? Do these gum balls really have nothing better to get all fired up about than this? Sigh.
They probably just have a small ****........I'd be angry too if I were in their shoes.

jmckinley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Lariat, 2013 Ford C Max, 1995 Mazda Miat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure why it matters, but apparently it does. Tesla's are vandalized a lot and pickups blocking charging stations was pretty popular for a while. I think it's because the Joebubbas believe that they get free electricity which isn't the case anymore.
Sponsored