Sponsored

From a hybrid XL to a hybrid XLT to a hybrid Lariat!

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sure got lucky this year with persistence and never giving up hope!

So, I ordered a hybrid XLT w/CP and the lux pkg on 15 Oct 21. I was told 8-12 weeks. I gave Ford 90 days to at least get it into production. Nothing by 15 January, so I set out on a mission to locate one as far away as I was willing to travel.

On 27 January, I found a hybrid XL in Gastonia, NC. While it wasn’t an XLT, I decided to buy it anyway. It was a customer’s canceled order who was just diagnosed with cancer. They sold it to me at MSRP.

On 31 March, the dealer I ordered from called and said a hybrid XLT with the lux pkg just rolled off the truck that a customer canceled. While it didn’t have the CP, it had the lux pkg. I traded in the XL for the XLT. Both we’re Velocity Blue, the same color I ordered.

On 22 August, I received a production email from Ford for a 19 Sept build, then received push back emails eventually leading to a 19 December build, which was the death of the Maverick I ordered.

Last week I was right back at contacting dealers as far away as I was willing to travel to find a hybrid with both the lux pkg and the CP, plus a moon roof. Persistence paid off yesterday. I found a hybrid Lariat with CP and the lux pkg. I negotiated a fair price with a trade in that pretty much wiped out most of the market adjustment. I drove 460 miles, and bright and early this morning, I’ll close the deal. I already qualified for FMC financing yesterday, so it’s just a matter of signing and driving back home in a bit. So, I’m not a member of the Velocity Blue Club anymore. I am now a member of the Hot Pepper Red club.

Ford Maverick From a hybrid XL to a hybrid XLT to a hybrid Lariat! B3F2015C-2ACF-4C7B-807A-2971D7453696

Ford Maverick From a hybrid XL to a hybrid XLT to a hybrid Lariat! 8E2698B3-ADA8-4F9E-87CC-D94941D25019

Ford Maverick From a hybrid XL to a hybrid XLT to a hybrid Lariat! 0378C498-F1A6-407E-9BA9-E16219D6D52F
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice looking Maverick.

We here in the Blue Crew hate to see you go, but congratulations on your luck and persistence in getting what you wanted.

And hey, your still a part of the Maverick Herd.

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congratulations. Persistence paid off!

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just picked my Lariat Lux Hybrid yesterday, one year to the day of ordering it. I might have ordered the Hot Pepper Red, but the extra cost steered me away from it. Besides, my F150 was Lightening Blue, so this is similar.
Congrats on your truck!
So what is this 'Blue Crew?' :)

OP
OP
RonR1959

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just picked my Lariat Lux Hybrid yesterday, one year to the day of ordering it. I might have ordered the Hot Pepper Red, but the extra cost steered me away from it. Besides, my F150 was Lightening Blue, so this is similar.
Congrats on your truck!
So what is this 'Blue Crew?' :)
The “Blue Crew” is everyone who ordered, or has a Velocity Blue truck.

Sponsored

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m sorry you got stuck with red instead of carbonized grey (the best color)

Just joking, but that is a crazy lucky streak to have owned 3 mavericks!

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats, on your trade up. Would be interested in your comparison of the three models?

OP
OP
RonR1959

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats, on your trade up. Would be interested in your comparison of the three models?
Now that I drove the hybrid Lariat home 450 miles yesterday, I feel I can give a fair comparison from a consumer's standpoint, rather than a YouTube influencer's standpoint.

For the XL hybrid, I was elated to get it so early on! It didn't have all the features I wanted and needed, but I bought it anyway. Driving home 546 miles without cruise control was a challenge. I found myself hitting 85 at times without even knowing it. The next challenge is that it didn't have a hitch receiver. From a previous vehicle I had, I figured it couldn't be that hard to add. UHaul and other places around town install them for around $300. That wasn't the case with the XL. There wasn't any wiring harness. In short, it cost me about $700 for the OEM crash bar with the hitch receiver, wiring harness for a Bronco Sport, and labor. For ride quality, I thought the seats were comfortable, but this model doesn't any lumbar support, so if you have a bad lumbar spine like me, you'd need to buy a support cushion. If you don't need a lot of accessories, or are on a limited budget, this model will do for you. While I did have the spray in bed liner, it doesn't come with the side rail tie downs, but there is a YouTube video that Ford made for a DITY solution. Overall, the ride quality is the same as the XLT. This one had CP360, but not lane assist. It had the lights in the mirror to let you know if it was safe to change lanes or not. It also has a rumble in the steering wheel if you go over the yellow or white lines. The steering wheel isn't wrapped leather, so it is harder on the hands. As a side note to this, the '23 models will not have wrapped leather steering wheels. No power locking tailgate, so you have to manually lock it with the key.

As far as the XLT with the lux package, it had way more accessories and options than the basic XL. Cruise control was a very welcomed added feature. The driver's power seat with lumbar support was a huge plus! Comparing the seats between the XL and XLT, they were pretty similar as far as cushioning. They were both pretty comfortable. The sound systems and driver's display are the same. Tires are the same. For the lux package, it was nice to have an electric outlet in the bed as well as LED lights. Also the cubby storage on the right side made it very convenient to store ratcheting straps, or other things. The ride quality is the same between the XL and XLT. Both are smooth and comfortable.

As far as the Lariat with the lux pkg, CP, and moonroof, it's like a whole new level of comfort and ride quality! I've never had a vehicle with a moon roof. I either couldn't afford one, or I always heard they leaked. Let me tell you, sliding open the headliner let so much more light in! It also gave the appearance more spaciousness! It was mostly a clear, sunny day here in Florida, so it really brightened up the interior! The ActiveX seats have more cushioning and are padded more, and way more comfortable than both the XL and XLT. Noise comparison between the XL and XLT are the same, but much quieter with the windshield on the Lariat. Comparing the sound systems between the XL and XLT, they're the same. With the Lariat lux, I love the B/O sound system. Way more bass and sound clarity! The Lariat has SYNC 3, while the XL and XLT do not. The driver's display is the same on the XL and XLT, while the Lariat is 100% better!! The 8" back up camera display is much clearer and has way better color than the XL and XLT. Let's talk about the seats for a minute. I think the brown or tan colored seats go well with certain exterior colors better than others. I think they look really nice with the hot pepper red. The activeX material will be easier to clean, no doubt, but I did sweat more than I did with the cloth seats on the XL and XLT. The XL has black seats, and well, black goes with everything. The XLT has the contrast colors with Navy Pier and orange accents. With the Velocity Blue exterior and orange accents, I felt like I was a University of Florida fan, which I'm not. Had the interior of the XLT been the same black as the XL, I probably wouldn't have felt that way.

Overall, the Lariat is the clear choice to buy! While it now only has 464 miles on it, I'm loving it!! This is the clear choice to buy if it fits in your budget!

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Now that I drove the hybrid Lariat home 450 miles yesterday, I feel I can give a fair comparison from a consumer's standpoint, rather than a YouTube influencer's standpoint.

For the XL hybrid, I was elated to get it so early on! It didn't have all the features I wanted and needed, but I bought it anyway. Driving home 546 miles without cruise control was a challenge. I found myself hitting 85 at times without even knowing it. The next challenge is that it didn't have a hitch receiver. From a previous vehicle I had, I figured it couldn't be that hard to add. UHaul and other places around town install them for around $300. That wasn't the case with the XL. There wasn't any wiring harness. In short, it cost me about $700 for the OEM crash bar with the hitch receiver, wiring harness for a Bronco Sport, and labor. For ride quality, I thought the seats were comfortable, but this model doesn't any lumbar support, so if you have a bad lumbar spine like me, you'd need to buy a support cushion. If you don't need a lot of accessories, or are on a limited budget, this model will do for you. While I did have the spray in bed liner, it doesn't come with the side rail tie downs, but there is a YouTube video that Ford made for a DITY solution. Overall, the ride quality is the same as the XLT. This one had CP360, but not lane assist. It had the lights in the mirror to let you know if it was safe to change lanes or not. It also has a rumble in the steering wheel if you go over the yellow or white lines. The steering wheel isn't wrapped leather, so it is harder on the hands. As a side note to this, the '23 models will not have wrapped leather steering wheels. No power locking tailgate, so you have to manually lock it with the key.

As far as the XLT with the lux package, it had way more accessories and options than the basic XL. Cruise control was a very welcomed added feature. The driver's power seat with lumbar support was a huge plus! Comparing the seats between the XL and XLT, they were pretty similar as far as cushioning. They were both pretty comfortable. The sound systems and driver's display are the same. Tires are the same. For the lux package, it was nice to have an electric outlet in the bed as well as LED lights. Also the cubby storage on the right side made it very convenient to store ratcheting straps, or other things. The ride quality is the same between the XL and XLT. Both are smooth and comfortable.

As far as the Lariat with the lux pkg, CP, and moonroof, it's like a whole new level of comfort and ride quality! I've never had a vehicle with a moon roof. I either couldn't afford one, or I always heard they leaked. Let me tell you, sliding open the headliner let so much more light in! It also gave the appearance more spaciousness! It was mostly a clear, sunny day here in Florida, so it really brightened up the interior! The ActiveX seats have more cushioning and are padded more, and way more comfortable than both the XL and XLT. Noise comparison between the XL and XLT are the same, but much quieter with the windshield on the Lariat. Comparing the sound systems between the XL and XLT, they're the same. With the Lariat lux, I love the B/O sound system. Way more bass and sound clarity! The Lariat has SYNC 3, while the XL and XLT do not. The driver's display is the same on the XL and XLT, while the Lariat is 100% better!! The 8" back up camera display is much clearer and has way better color than the XL and XLT. Let's talk about the seats for a minute. I think the brown or tan colored seats go well with certain exterior colors better than others. I think they look really nice with the hot pepper red. The activeX material will be easier to clean, no doubt, but I did sweat more than I did with the cloth seats on the XL and XLT. The XL has black seats, and well, black goes with everything. The XLT has the contrast colors with Navy Pier and orange accents. With the Velocity Blue exterior and orange accents, I felt like I was a University of Florida fan, which I'm not. Had the interior of the XLT been the same black as the XL, I probably wouldn't have felt that way.

Overall, the Lariat is the clear choice to buy! While it now only has 464 miles on it, I'm loving it!! This is the clear choice to buy if it fits in your budget!
You’ve apparently got my Oct 21, 21 ordered build. Just kidding (I don’t have a moonroof). In fact, I dont even have a build date yet even though I’ve had (may no longer have) a VIN since July. Congrats on the extremely lucky chain of events, but you did do your own legwork on this. I can also recommend the lariat seats over the XL seats on long drives……loooong story. I have an XL hybrid now but it has cruise (added), a hitch and CP360, so I can live with it until later this decade when my HPR lariat lux 360 gets built. Enjoy the ride. You may also want to consider playing the lottery.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided

We think the Lariat is a clear choice too, glad to hear you're loving it too!

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We think the Lariat is a clear choice too, glad to hear you're loving it too!
Best review yet of a Maverick. Far better than from professional reviewers. It helps to have a real world ordinary person tell it like it is. I presently have an XLT and cannot wait until my two Lariat Hybrids get here - well my wife cannot wait for hers, but guess I can for mine.

You answered a bunch of questions that I have not seen answered in such clarity. I wondered about ride, noise level difference, etc. I have moon roof in XLT, along with LUX, etc. Lariats are ordered fully loaded.

Enjoy your Lariat as you rope the roads.

OP
OP
RonR1959

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Best review yet of a Maverick. Far better than from professional reviewers. It helps to have a real world ordinary person tell it like it is. I presently have an XLT and cannot wait until my two Lariat Hybrids get here - well my wife cannot wait for hers, but guess I can for mine.

You answered a bunch of questions that I have not seen answered in such clarity. I wondered about ride, noise level difference, etc. I have moon roof in XLT, along with LUX, etc. Lariats are ordered fully loaded.

Enjoy your Lariat as you rope the roads.
Thanks for the compliment about being an everyday honest reviewer. Most importantly, I was lucky enough to have all three this past year!! As far as YouTube influencer reviews go, I take them with a grain of salt. They may get to drive the Maverick for a day or a week at most. They can’t give a review from an owners perspective. They post those videos and make money off of their reviews. I’m not into all that. And I think some have FoS syndrome and are full of themselves!!
Sponsored