Sponsored

How to visually tell a hybrid from EB

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last edited:

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Maverick Hybrid buyers were anything like early Prius buyers (luckily they're not), it'd be really easy. Just look for the sanctimonious bumper stickers.

Please Maverick hybrid buyers. We can't identify you if you're driving normally with no decoration. Please add some bumper stickers and slow way down. And give us an angry glare when we're not driving 10 MPH under the speed limit.

Really though, Maverick hybrid buyers are no fun. They're way too normal.
That’s funny because I keep telling myself I need to find out if 75 mph is really that m much more efficient than 80mph…

Also reminds me, I need to get my s&w sticker on the back window…

or perhaps that is the wrong kind of bumper sticker. lol

ps. I caught your sarcasm. (I think)

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick How to visually tell a hybrid from EB FF3A48CE-4CF1-43C3-A012-2C20CCED671C

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Speaking of the Hybrid badge. When I got my C Max Hybrid back in 2013, I was amazed at how much I was being tailgated by big pickups no matter how fast I was driving. And on a few occasions I got the "Rolling Coal" treatment too.

When I finally realized this was anti-greenie harassment, I removed the Hybrid badge from the rear deck and the problems stopped.

I'm pretty sure if I ever get my Maverick, the Hybrid badge will be gone as soon as I get it home.
We just got back from 8 days of vacationing in the Bay Area. We experienced similar things, multiple times, except it was from EVs and other hybrids. Can't tell you how many times we had others ride our tail, make dangerous moves to get around us, honk and flip us off, etc. while we were going 75+ in the slow lane on highways with 55 speed limit. Pretty fun responses from people with "Hate Hate", "End XXXism", and "Coexist" bumper stickers. I wrongly thought the hybrid badge would give us some street cred in San Francisco.

I guess speed limits have become a very mild suggestion since wife and I left California 15yrs ago. Quite a different experience than driving in Utah.

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it moves slow it's a hybrid.
If you see a Maverick at Gas Pumps, it's statistically probably an EcoBoost ICE.
My Hybrid only stops for GAS once a month.

Last edited:

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was watching Tom Voelk at "Driven" last week. He made a passing point that he literally put one tank of gasoline in his plug in hybrid last year. Now that made me stand up and pay attention.

BillJohansson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Explorer Utility Pursuit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have yet to see a Ford Maverick up-close and personal. One of my local dealerships said he had five last week waiting for customer pickup. I missed out on looking at them.

So how would a person be able to distinguish between a hybrid and an eco-boost just by looking?

Thanks!
Should be able to tell by the smug look on the hybrid driver’s face ;)

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you see a Maverick at Gas Pumps, it's statistically probably an EcoBoost ICE.
My Hybrid only stops for GAS once a month.

That's funny because I only fill my Ecoboost up maybe once a month 😂

Sponsored

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
AWD's have a badge on the tailgate and all EcoBoosts you can open the fuel door by pressing to unlock. Different instrument cluster and center console buttons (hybrids have the card slot).
I have a hybrid. What is the card slot?

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
If it moves slow it's a hybrid.
Not true at all. Mine hall's ass everything I ask her to, sometimes even when o don't realize I asked!