Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My Lariat had 55 miles on it when purchased. When I was leafing through the paperwork it had 36 on it when landed. Is this common for all Hybrids.
Scott...Congrats on your new Maverick! With the shortage of in stock Mav's, a lot of dealers allow potential customers the privilege of a test drive. Sometimes, salespeople or other employees want to "try out" the vehicle and go for a drive. Many dealers and experienced sales people do not allow this to happen. Unfortunately, others do. I'm an old Ford guy, worked in Ford Dealer Development in the Dallas Zone for many years, my father-in-law was a VP of Ford, founded the Dallas Auto Auction, retired from Ford and bought a nice Texas dealership. We're Ford to the bone and you have you a pearl in the Mav. I currently have a Mav Hybrid on order!

It's always a good thing the tell your salesperson face to face that when your Mav does arrive you request that NO ONE drive it with the exception of make-ready or lot personel. I'd follow that up with an email stating the same and I'd confirm the miles on it and remind your salesperson once again. If you do this, there is no reason why a Mav should have more than 20-25 miles at the most. Most all Ford dealers are highly reputable and their customers are their greatest commodity. Just be sure to protect yourself so some 19-year old isn't grinding it out and dirtying your ashtray with a doobie! Have a great time driving your new "looker!"
Sponsored

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
9 miles on mine.

OP
OP
ehspeakers

ehspeakers

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Scott...Congrats on your new Maverick! With the shortage of in stock Mav's, a lot of dealers allow potential customers the privilege of a test drive. Sometimes, salespeople or other employees want to "try out" the vehicle and go for a drive. Many dealers and experienced sales people do not allow this to happen. Unfortunately, others do. I'm an old Ford guy, worked in Ford Dealer Development in the Dallas Zone for many years, my father-in-law was a VP of Ford, founded the Dallas Auto Auction, retired from Ford and bought a nice Texas dealership. We're Ford to the bone and you have you a pearl in the Mav. I currently have a Mav Hybrid on order!

It's always a good thing the tell your salesperson face to face that when your Mav does arrive you request that NO ONE drive it with the exception of make-ready or lot personel. I'd follow that up with an email stating the same and I'd confirm the miles on it and remind your salesperson once again. If you do this, there is no reason why a Mav should have more than 20-25 miles at the most. Most all Ford dealers are highly reputable and their customers are their greatest commodity. Just be sure to protect yourself so some 19-year old isn't grinding it out and dirtying your ashtray with a doobie! Have a great time driving your new "looker!"
I should mention that I gave $500 deposit to hold the vehicle. It landed on Friday and I got to it on Saturday. This was not ordered by me, but the dealer, I just happened to snag it. Maybe a salesman took it for an extended trial drive when it arrived? When I first seen it on Saturday it had 55. The paper I seen showed 36 miles when it landed (which I'm sure I was meant to see). I drive more than 55 miles in my daily commute. Its more of a mystery why there were this many miles put on it. I wish the salesman didn't give me a line of BS about the Hybrids requiring more "test" miles. The scene from Ferris Bueller comes to mind when the parking lot attendants drove Cameron's dad's Ferrari on a literal joy ride. I can't imagine anyone who would or even could joyride this admittedly pedestrian vehicle.

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV Fusion, Hybrid Fusion, Mustang GT, Miata
Mine had 8 when I drove it into the service bay for the dealer to prep after the transport driver parked it, and 12 when we drove it off the lot after the dealer had prepped it (which included them driving it to the gas station to fill it up).

Sponsored

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They must have all been taken out for a joyride!

Never mind the Mach E's and Mustangs and 2.7L bronco's coming off the truck....everybody is going to want to go push it to the limit in the 190 horsepower entry level truck.

Sponsored

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
33 upon delivery..

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Lariat had 55 miles on it when purchased. When I was leafing through the paperwork it had 36 on it when landed. Is this common for all Hybrids.

Nah mine is still in the dreamworld

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

12 miles on mine when I picked it up... 1,840 on the meter now.

Alloymaker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xlt maverick VB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
mine was 2.6 when i got it.
Sponsored

Last edited: