How do you use points for accessories?

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
How many points do you get when buying a Mav. Expect mine to be delivered within 2 weeks. EB Lariat Lux.
It was 42,000 for me when I purchased earlier this year in late January. I've accumulated more points since then though. Not exactly sure what to use them on yet though. haha

Ford Maverick How do you use points for accessories? total ford points
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw a few posts mentioning about using points for accessories many months ago. I don't see that is allowed when ordering online. It says to go to the dealer and that's not an option for me.
After reading through this thread, I've come away with the strong opinion that the dealers took a Ford Co. good idea and screwed it up for their own advantage. I'm sure Ford laid out all the rules and protocols to make this as easy as possible for the consumer only to have some dealers figure that since it's their eyes only, they can do with it however they want. Thanks to the Age of Information, this kind of back room dealing is getting revealed.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, flawless experience with www.theoemparts.com. Items were shipped about 20 minutes after order was placed.
Thank you for the reference to a reliable source for OEM parts for the Maverick. Bonus is that they accept points. When I asked my local dealer (Ken Grody Ford) about accessories for the Maverick, they just snickered about not having any since they don't sell many Mavericks. Ridiculous answer. I shot back, "Ya, well maybe if you put some on your lot . . . "

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone used Ford points and been able to use a 10% or 20% Ford coupon code through a dealer purchase?
Call the dealer it's really up to them how they participate.

zach57x

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Has anyone used Ford points and been able to use a 10% or 20% Ford coupon code through a dealer purchase?
Do you have any coupon codes handy?

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After reading through this thread, I've come away with the strong opinion that the dealers took a Ford Co. good idea and screwed it up for their own advantage. I'm sure Ford laid out all the rules and protocols to make this as easy as possible for the consumer only to have some dealers figure that since it's their eyes only, they can do with it however they want. Thanks to the Age of Information, this kind of back room dealing is getting revealed.
The current Ford Pass Points system is really the old service credit system. I forget it's name. Blue something. Under the hood, an order still has to be submitted under a service ticket to use points. This is why many dealerships have you go to the service department to get a service order filled out if you want to use them (had this experience at 3 different local Ford dealerships, and one explained it as points have to be under a service ticket number), then they can order the parts under that service ticket number. Some have figured out how to do orders seamlessly behind the scenes so you can order online or call with your FordPass ID or provide other info they can look up and submit it without having you go through hoops.

As for the points earned on purchases and such, dealerships get no benefit from withholding your points. Ford issues them, and the dealership 'releases' them to you. As for the 42K points on new vehicles, I think its a requirement to use the FordPass app to link first, but not 100% sure. I do know that for me, those points arrived within 24 hours. Other points released took about 3 days.

OP
OP
Maverick2023

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The current Ford Pass Points system is really the old service credit system. I forget it's name. Blue something. Under the hood, an order still has to be submitted under a service ticket to use points. This is why many dealerships have you go to the service department to get a service order filled out if you want to use them (had this experience at 3 different local Ford dealerships, and one explained it as points have to be under a service ticket number), then they can order the parts under that service ticket number. Some have figured out how to do orders seamlessly behind the scenes so you can order online or call with your FordPass ID or provide other info they can look up and submit it without having you go through hoops.

As for the points earned on purchases and such, dealerships get no benefit from withholding your points. Ford issues them, and the dealership 'releases' them to you. As for the 42K points on new vehicles, I think its a requirement to use the FordPass app to link first, but not 100% sure. I do know that for me, those points arrived within 24 hours. Other points released took about 3 days.
I got the points in Ford pass. Just don't know how to apply them.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw a few posts mentioning about using points for accessories many months ago. I don't see that is allowed when ordering online. It says to go to the dealer and that's not an option for me.
What are "points" worth, and how does one acquire them?

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have any coupon codes handy?
If you go to the Ford accessory website, they are at the top of the page. It's usually aac10 or aac20 for 10% or 20%, respectively.

OP
OP
Maverick2023

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you go to the Ford accessory website, they are at the top of the page. It's usually aac10 or aac20 for 10% or 20%, respectively.
I also found out that different dealers offer different prices. I bought a hood deflector and one dealership quoted me $84 and another $100. So shop around by plugging in your zipcode and pick the dealer with the best price.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thank you for the explanation. Much appreciated.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not true..... I ordered and received my parts from Chapman last week. Ordered online and shipped to me....

I used points for the parts/tax/shipping

www.theoemparts.com

Enter your VIN at checkout and message to use points.

+1, an additional thank you for the link. I placed my order and I'll double check my reward points account when my order arrives. Anytime I keep a dealer out of my business it's a win.