Sponsored

How bad are these electronics issues?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Bob
Joined
Sep 17, 2022
Threads
62
Messages
5,063
Reaction score
10,944
Location
Alabama
Vehicle(s)
2025 Expedition Max Platinum; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Look online for the manual restart procedure for the infotainment system for your particular Mav. I've had mine for over three years now, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to force a reboot. Sometimes computers glitch. My wife's Expedition runs Android Automotive and I've even had to do a hard reboot of it once. So, it isn't just Ford.
Sponsored

 

MaverickDragon

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Nov 9, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
3,094
Location
Grand Canyon, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick XL Hybrid AWD 4K Tow Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I doubt the issues described are due to software errors, because if that were true, everyone with the same version would have the same problem, and they don't.

Glitches OTOH are one of the common consequences of computer controlled anything.
How many times have you had to reboot a computer or phone?
The modern car is a computer on wheels as much as it is a mechanical device.

Glitch causes can be external (cosmic ray changes a memory location) but in this case, it might be a loose connection somewhere in the harness.

Unfortunately, unless the problem can be replicated, it is impossible to find and correct the cause without a big dose of luck.

The good news is a reboot will usually resolve a glitch, but it won't resolve a software problem.
 
OP
OP

3JB

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Sep 2, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
31
Reaction score
32
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This one is on you. There have been dozens of similar comments about this. You are in fact pushing the MANUAL door lock lever (not the electric door lock button) when you pulled on the door lever to exit the vehicle. By doing so, when you exited the vehicle, you proceeded to manually lock just the driver's door. The problem is not the vehicle. The problem is yourself not being careful when exiting the vehicle.
Yeah, I agree! This comment I was mostly just throwing out for general information. But note what I was saying:

If you go to lock your vehicle, say after it has been there for a while, and you are shutting down for the night... And you open the door, but don't let go of the OUTSIDE door handle when you reach in to hit the door lock button, the door lock function seems to be messed up.

But as to what you are telling me... The only door lock button I know of is the button on the door with the "Door Lock" symbol on it. You are saying there is another one? Or are you saying I should use the fob to lock the truck?
 

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 24, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
2,496
Reaction score
5,247
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 

MaverickDragon

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Nov 9, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
3,094
Location
Grand Canyon, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick XL Hybrid AWD 4K Tow Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you go to lock your vehicle, ...... And you open the door, but don't let go of the OUTSIDE door handle when you reach in to hit the door lock button, the door lock function seems to be messed up.
Sounds like you should not be holding the outside door handle up while you are trying to lock the door....:wink:
 

Sponsored

svessey

2.5L Hybrid
New member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jun 14, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
colorado
Vehicle(s)
2026 Lariet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome to the club. My 3month old has similar issues. I took mine to the dealer and the service writer just laughed at me and said that Mavericks all have these issues. My 2024 Subaru has zero issues, my old Ram that I traded in had none. I have a 1995 Miata and it has zero issues. I’m disappointed and disgusted with Ford.
 

Randorita

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Randy
Joined
Sep 7, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
384
Reaction score
570
Location
Mississippi
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4, 2025 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not had any problems with my 2025, except when the sensors were covered with ice. Sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order and hope it blacks out for them.

I would hate for Ford to release the source code! Too many people would make changes and reload it. There are too many safety issues with allowing people to change their code. I was an IT professional for over 30 years with half of that as a programmer and I wouldn't feel comfortable changing the code on my truck. That is a "Hey, y'all, watch this!" moment waiti.g to happen!
 
OP
OP

3JB

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Sep 2, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
31
Reaction score
32
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like you should not be holding the outside door handle up while you are trying to lock the door....:wink:
Yup. After that one time - never again!
 

ZABSMAV

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Mar 7, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
703
Reaction score
885
Location
Utah
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I agree! This comment I was mostly just throwing out for general information. But note what I was saying:

If you go to lock your vehicle, say after it has been there for a while, and you are shutting down for the night... And you open the door, but don't let go of the OUTSIDE door handle when you reach in to hit the door lock button, the door lock function seems to be messed up.

But as to what you are telling me... The only door lock button I know of is the button on the door with the "Door Lock" symbol on it. You are saying there is another one? Or are you saying I should use the fob to lock the truck?
Why in the heck are you reaching back in to lock your door? Can't you just touch the top of your outside door handle to lock your Maverick?

I'm not referring to the electronic lock/unlock buttons on the driver's inside door, I'm referring to the small manual lock lever that is side by side with the door handle lever that you pull to open the driver's door from the inside. You are accidentally bumping that lever which locks just that door but does nothing to the other 3 doors.
 
Sponsored

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 24, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
2,496
Reaction score
5,247
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 

agmonaco

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Jun 22, 2024
Threads
13
Messages
213
Reaction score
123
Location
Pittsburgh
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had issues with the screen and navigation system also. A reboot by holding on off radio button and fast forward button for 10 seconds has always cured the issue.
 
OP
OP

3JB

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Sep 2, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
31
Reaction score
32
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why in the heck are you reaching back in to lock your door? Can't you just touch the top of your outside door handle to lock your Maverick?

I'm not referring to the electronic lock/unlock buttons on the driver's inside door, I'm referring to the small manual lock lever that is side by side with the door handle lever that you pull to open the driver's door from the inside. You are accidentally bumping that lever which locks just that door but does nothing to the other 3 doors.
When I park at home, I don't always lock the truck - I seem to be in and out of it a lot! So, end of day, I've changed into more comfortable clothes, not carrying keys, fob, watch, phone, etc - and realize I need to lock the truck for the night! THAT's when I do that.
 
OP
OP

3JB

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Sep 2, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
31
Reaction score
32
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had issues with the screen and navigation system also. A reboot by holding on off radio button and fast forward button for 10 seconds has always cured the issue.
THAT's the kind of response I was looking for! People HAVE had some of these issues, and the workaround is relatively simple! Thanks!
 

MavStangVa

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 4, 2025
Threads
14
Messages
1,400
Reaction score
3,174
Location
Here, There, and Everywhere
Vehicle(s)
2024 LARIAT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome to the club. My 3month old has similar issues. I took mine to the dealer and the service writer just laughed at me and said that Mavericks all have these issues. My 2024 Subaru has zero issues, my old Ram that I traded in had none. I have a 1995 Miata and it has zero issues. I’m disappointed and disgusted with Ford.
Note you talked to a "service writer". Translation is someone who knows nothing about any vehicle on the lot but is a whiz on filling out computer forms and scheduling. You need no knowledge to write a repair order and upsell the customer. Maybe the difference is sync3 to sync4 but I don't have any display issues except sometimes the Sirius channels take a few seconds to show their icons. That is more likely a satellite issue not a display issue.
Sponsored

 
 







Top