First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This exact kit won't work on Maverick but I am sure Redline will whip up something in short order.
Thanks for the link and I hope that Redline will make these for the maverick.
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the link and I hope that Redline will make these for the maverick.
I looked at the Redline website and they do have a listing for 2022 Ford Maverick, but no products. So I'm thinking they are A) Aware of the new Maverick and B) Will develop products for the truck. I for one will get these for my Maverick once they are available, but in the meantime I will order a set for my '04 Ranger.

doug2104

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I looked at the Redline website and they do have a listing for 2022 Ford Maverick, but no products. So I'm thinking they are A) Aware of the new Maverick and B) Will develop products for the truck. I for one will get these for my Maverick once they are available, but in the meantime I will order a set for my '04 Ranger.
Thanks for the info.

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
I hope they do. I put the Red Line struts on my 2020 Escape SEL and they work great. Have used them on other vehicles in the past and they are top-notch items.
Can you post pics of the rods and location?

doug2104

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go back to page 1 of this Forum: Hood gas struts for Maverick and look at the first post it has a link to photos and a video on a Bronco Sport with the gas struts install.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Thanks for posting the link. I for sure will be watching to see if they come up with a solution for the maverick.

mikey44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, 2021 Chevrolet Trax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you're talking about the Escape, go to Redlinetuning.com, enter your vehicle info on the left, then watch the video. It shows you exactly how to install the struts. No drilling for this vehicle. Took me all of 5 minutes to install both of 'em.
Now on my Colorado (2010), I had to drill holes in both the fender flange and underside of the hood and use the pop rivets that were supplied. I had to provide the pop rivet tool.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Ecl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eli Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 hhr ss, 93 f250, 17 explorer platinum
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just purchased a set for our explorer and asked them about the Maverick. They told me the Maverick is on their list of kits to be made.

Sponsored

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

jer32383

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Sounds like one more thing to break. We're secondary latches that big of an issue?
the secondary latch is a safety. In case you fail to latch your hood all the. Way or the primary fails. Your hood won’t fly up on the highway. In the 80s and early 90s the secondary hood was a pain in the ass. That being said lots of things were pains in the ass about cars in that time period.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the secondary latch is a safety. In case you fail to latch your hood all the. Way or the primary fails. Your hood won’t fly up on the highway. In the 80s and early 90s the secondary hood was a pain in the ass. That being said lots of things were pains in the ass about cars in that time period.
I never had an issue with a secondary latch or had a "frantic search" for one, even on older cars of various makes. In fact, I can imagine a scenario where the double-pull could get actuated inadvertently.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2012 CRV doesn't have gas struts and I need to use the hood stick to keep it open. I have no problem doing this in the Maverick. During every fuel fill up I do a quick look under the hood to make sure nothing seems weird. I'm a bit more OCD than most with this but I rather nip any problems sooner than later!
Sponsored