First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What solutions worked best for hauling around two ebikes, each weighing 70 pounds, on your Maverick? Tailgate pad? Hitch? Bonus for links. Thanks.
Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an Aventon Aventure. I keep my tailgate down and load my ebike into the bed, put the kickstand down, and use two ratcheting straps to secure it. It doesnā€™t move at all.

Iā€™m pretty particular, so anything over the back gate is a ā€œno go at this stationā€. I donā€™t want anything with the potential to dent or scratch my tailgate.
I canā€™t comment on hitches, as I have no experience with them.

MaverRick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MachE 4EX 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a hitch carrier made for hauling ebikes. Havenā€™t tried it on the Maverick yet but it worked well on my Ram.

apstephen

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat 2023 to 2024 in waiting
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What solutions worked best for hauling around two ebikes, each weighing 70 pounds, on your Maverick? Tailgate pad? Hitch? Bonus for links. Thanks.
I only carry one ebike. The link below is the hitch carrier that I use on my F150 and will use on my Maverick. Weight capacity is listed as 130lbs. I would suggest removing both of your batteries. Weigh them and that should bring you under the 130lbs capacity. Carry the batteries in the truck cabin, or bed.

This hitch is working well for me. Again, I'm only carrying one bike.

https://vibrelli.com/products/v70-sport-bike-hitch-rack

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hollywood HR1700 is one of the few that is rated for use on the back of an RV (though only Class A, Class C, and 5th wheels, NOT bumper pulls), and is rated for two heavy bikes.

Another option is from 1Up-USA.com. They have a 2" Super Duty Double that is rated for up to 200 lbs, with 75 lbs per bike. If you've got a rack, and other "extra" stuff on your Aventure, you might need to remove the battery (recommended anyway) to meet the weight limits.

And the option that I went with is from WMAStore.com. They offer both aluminum and steel "dual dirt bike" (motorcycle) hitch carrier racks that are significantly less expensive than those shown above, and are rated for up to 600 lbs (way more than the Mav should carry...). And it has a loading ramp that makes it a piece of cake to load up the bikes. I chose the steel version with one "track" and a "platform" because my wife's folding bike will fit there, leaving room for a BBQ Grill, etc. on the other half of the platform. (And look for "returns" that could save you a BUNCH of money!)

OP
OP

tborr123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see that Costco online has an ebike hitch with decent reviews that can carry 130-140 pounds and is a couple hundred dollars less than Hollywood Racks. I will check that out.
Sponsored