First Name
Han
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have my $210 worth of points for buying the truck and hooking up Ford Connect. So I can buy the Ford hitch for about $130 using the points. The Curt is like $230. Does anyone know of a reason I shouldn't buy the Ford hitch? Is it harder to install? Lower quality? All the accessories seem overpriced to me so I may as well use my points on something I actually need.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
strictly assuming here....i would guess the quality, etc of them both are very similar (good). Seems to me, the more important item would be the wiring harness. I seem to recall a lot of post about some causes issues, maybe that worked out now, i don't know, but you may want to research/read up on that imo. Maybe others can provide better info/feedback. Good Luck

OP
OP
FordTough

FordTough

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Han
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the reply.

On Uhaul's site when you select the Curt trailer hitch for install they have a Curt 4 pin that goes with it
Part number: CMF59236 $69

Ford sells a 4 pin for the Maverick for $125

I know the Curt hooks up to the taillight. I'm assuming Ford would as well. Both seem high for a few wires and a plug but in any case I think that's sorted for 2023.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for the reply.

On Uhaul's site when you select the Curt trailer hitch for install they have a Curt 4 pin that goes with it
Part number: CMF59236 $69

Ford sells a 4 pin for the Maverick for $125

I know the Curt hooks up to the taillight. I'm assuming Ford would as well. Both seem high for a few wires and a plug but in any case I think that's sorted for 2023.
It's more than just wires hooking up to the tail lights. There is an actual computer module that interfaces with the truck. When you plug something into it it will detect it and let you know if there is something wrong with the trailer lights. This is the cause of the constraint on the trailer hitch receivers.

lonwright

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have ordered a Maverick hybred
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's more than just wires hooking up to the tail lights. There is an actual computer module that interfaces with the truck. When you plug something into it it will detect it and let you know if there is something wrong with the trailer lights. This is the cause of the constraint on the trailer hitch receivers.
I just finished installing the Curt wiring harness, purchased thru the NAPA site, I couldn't find it on Amazon. It was pretty easy to install though it took me a lot longer than the time they said it would take. Just plug and go with everything except the wire to the battery. There is a good video on youtube for the installation. Pricy.

Sponsored

A51Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have my $210 worth of points for buying the truck and hooking up Ford Connect. So I can buy the Ford hitch for about $130 using the points. The Curt is like $230. Does anyone know of a reason I shouldn't buy the Ford hitch? Is it harder to install? Lower quality? All the accessories seem overpriced to me so I may as well use my points on something I actually need.
I bought and installed the Curt hitch. I did a lot of research on the Ford and Curt hitch. There are videos for both installations on you tube. The Curt is an easier installation. The Ford hitch requires removing the bumper cover, etc.
I think the Ford hitch has a little higher tow capacity, but I didn’t feel it was worth the extra work. I also bought the etrailer wire harness. It’s plug and play. The hardest part is running the power wire to the battery.

Wylie61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought the ford oem Ford requires removal of bumper, not sure about curt. Install took about 2 hours. Used curt wiring, Curt is plug and play, just need to wire to power. Believe ford requires splicing into wires.

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford does not make the hitches. They come from a supplier, possibly Curt or one of the others. You will have to also get the wiring module like others have said.

Skifletch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How long are you gonna keep the vehicle? In North Carolina it probably won't matter. In one of the road salt capitals of the country I live in (Buffalo) the Curt ones SUCK. They're just piles of rust in 3 years. I've used them on many different vehicles. Their paint/coatings are putrid in my experience. Others may have better luck, I do not.

I put the Ford one on mine

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Curt and Ford wiring harness are similar in the number and locations of the connections you have to make. With the ford you have to splice the wires and the Curt has plug-in adapters for in each trail light. I have the ford harness. The most time consuming for both is running the positive to the battery. Under the hood in the EcoBoost and under the rear seat for the hybrid.

etrailer has a video showing how to run the positive under the hood
U-Hual has a video showing how to run the positive to the rear seat.

I have Curt receiver on order. Only because it was less expensive than the Ford OEM
The Ford OEM receiver does require the removal of the bumper cover. Which I have done already for a different project. It takes some time but it is not difficult.

Sponsored

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I added my hitch I could not find for sure if the hitch ordered through ford accessories is the same as the production hitch. The production hitch as mentioned already requires bumper cover removal, which can be tedious. The Curt does not, and is really pretty easy to install. Downside to Curt is that it will not work with the full size spare. I went with the Curt.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with the Curt...and it does work with the full size spare...you just have to drop the spare while installing the hitch...no big deal...just crank it down while installing and then crank it back up. Still trying to figure out what to do for a wiring harness.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went with the Curt...and it does work with the full size spare...you just have to drop the spare while installing the hitch...no big deal...just crank it down while installing and then crank it back up. Still trying to figure out what to do for a wiring harness.
I have a Hybrid

I put the module and most of the wiring in the left rear taillight.
I originally connected the positive to the positive of the left side 12v bed connector

I ran the wire for the right light along the crash bar to the right tail light.

I installed a 110vac wire from the back of the rear seat through a rubber boot next the the battery to the passenger side cubby. While I did this I also ran a new 12v wire from the battery along the right side of the Maverick then to the left tail light along the crash bar. I changed the tail light module to this wire. Fused at the battery
Sponsored