First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At this point service after the sale was more important. First year production new vehicle I wanted the service. Galloway is not know for that. For reference born in ft Myers lived here all my life. Minus 1 yr in vegas.
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Me too, then maybe I can retire earlier!
Retired in 2019 at age of 65. Believe me, it is over rated. Wish I hadn't retired. Took up detailing my vehicles as a hobby. That keeps me busy for sure here in Florida.

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Retired in 2019 at age of 65. Believe me, it is over rated. Wish I hadn't retired. Took up detailing my vehicles as a hobby. That keeps me busy for sure here in Florida.
Over rated, but I'd like to try :) Actually between running/biking/events, taking care of my grand daughter full time, then working two jobs, I'm ready for a break. So for me retire means stop my full time day job and just take on projects part time! I need to keep engaged in both mind and body. This weekend it's up to Anastasia State Park. If I had the Maverick already I could test it out pulling the camper, but that may have to wait until my next planned trip in Jan!

Potatomafia

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey fellow Florida peoples!

I'm seriously thinking about canceling my reservation for a 2 door Bronco since the options I want (base, manual, Sasquatch) are going to take foreveeeeeeer to get produced and getting a Maverick. My commute is about 60 miles a day into Tampa and my current truck (2015 Ram 1500) is killing me on gas.

I hope the Maverick doesn't have the production issues that the Bronco is having right now. I really want a Bronco but waiting ~3 years for the one I want is not going to cut it.

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey fellow Florida peoples!

I'm seriously thinking about canceling my reservation for a 2 door Bronco since the options I want (base, manual, Sasquatch) are going to take foreveeeeeeer to get produced and getting a Maverick. My commute is about 60 miles a day into Tampa and my current truck (2015 Ram 1500) is killing me on gas.

I hope the Maverick doesn't have the production issues that the Bronco is having right now. I really want a Bronco but waiting ~3 years for the one I want is not going to cut it.
Even though I have a Maverick on order (actually 2 - one for me, one for my wife) we have since changed directions somewhat, went ahead and purchased a Bronco Sport. Saw one about 6 weeks ago and both of us really really liked it. Its a fun ride. Still plan to get a Maverick. Just know that if you order a Hybird, you could be waiting a while. A lot of Hybirds still not scheduled. Definitely the 2.0's are getting scheduled a lot faster.

Sponsored

perfectlyfrank

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sarasota here. Ordered 2 weeks ago from Matthews-Currie in Nokomis. X-Plan, no deposit. I ordered an F-150 from them 3 1/2 years ago and had a positive experience. I like their service department also.

Lombardidm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 2016 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey ya all, just saw there was a Florida Maverick Blog...slow on the take! Nevertheless I'm in Jacksonville and ordered the Lariat, First Edition, Rapid Red, 360, Hybrid, etc... I'll probably see it next Spring the way things are going. Got the Hybrid because I intend to flat-tow it behind my RV. I ordered it at Duval Ford and there is a "Maverick Show & Tell" at Duval the 6th of Oct from 9:30am-1pm. Looking forward to seeing on in-person.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey ya all, just saw there was a Florida Maverick Blog...slow on the take! Nevertheless I'm in Jacksonville and ordered the Lariat, First Edition, Rapid Red, 360, Hybrid, etc... I'll probably see it next Spring the way things are going. Got the Hybrid because I intend to flat-tow it behind my RV. I ordered it at Duval Ford and there is a "Maverick Show & Tell" at Duval the 6th of Oct from 9:30am-1pm. Looking forward to seeing on in-person.
Welcome to the Florida thread.

Potatomafia

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have any of you ordered a Maverick from a Tampa area dealer? I'm trying to order a Maverick from the dealer I have my Bronco reservation at and I can't get them to respond to my email. I chose that dealer because they don't charge a dealer fee and were highly recommended on the Bronco6g forum.

Also, has anyone used the X-plan when ordering from a Tampa area dealer? I'm about to go to a different dealership since it seems like they don't want my money. Thanks all!

Sponsored

Bill R

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
Have any of you ordered a Maverick from a Tampa area dealer? I'm trying to order a Maverick from the dealer I have my Bronco reservation at and I can't get them to respond to my email. I chose that dealer because they don't charge a dealer fee and were highly recommended on the Bronco6g forum.

Also, has anyone used the X-plan when ordering from a Tampa area dealer? I'm about to go to a different dealership since it seems like they don't want my money. Thanks all!
I have ordered from Jarrett Gordon Ford Davenport. My Sales Rep is a great guy (Brandon Deese) Yes they I have been given X Plan pricing and no dealer mark up. If you don't mind the drive they are located a I4 Exit 55. Tell Brandon I sent you so he can give you the X plan pricing.

Vince

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just placed an order with Ed Simpson of Chapman Ford. I am in Miami. Does anyone know of dealers in the Miami area that would accept a courtesy/drop shipment?

vvavepacket

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just placed an order with Ed Simpson of Chapman Ford. I am in Miami. Does anyone know of dealers in the Miami area that would accept a courtesy/drop shipment?
Plantation Ford.

Ask for Jim - (954) 584-2400

He does it for $300

Call

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WELCOME to the forum. I was born and raised in Miami a LONG time ago. Lived in Allapattah and joined USAF in 1971 and never went back.

Good luck with that. I've heard on the forum, there aren't any Ford Dealers down there interested in making easy money. The one I called and a lot of folks are now using is in Port Richey just north of Tampa. Maybe someone else has found someone closer but I know he will do it for your like $200 plus whatever else you need him to do (Tag, Tax, Title, Dealer Installed Options).

Good Luck.

Last edited:

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WELCOME to the forum. I was born and raised in Miami a LONG time ago. Lived in Allapattah and joined USAF in 1971 and never went back.

Good luck with that. I've heard on the forum, there aren't any Ford Dealers down thereminterested in making easy money. The one I called and a lot of folks are now using is in Port Richey just north of Tampa. Maybe someone else has found someone closer but I know he will do it for your like $200 plus whatever else you need him to do (Tag, Tax, Title, Dealer Installed Options).

Good Luck.
Mullinax Ford in Kissimmee is selling at MSRP with no dealer fees. And they will deliver the vehicle State Wide for Free. Talk to Blake
Sponsored