First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm seeing quite a few Mavericks in my area. While I was driving back to work from lunch today, I passed a Hot Pepper Red (nice color in person!) closer to my side of town. Driver gave me an interested stare but didn't wave. I think we're still shocked to be seeing Mavericks at all on the road, but when we do see one another out there, we need to wave and say hello! (We're all one big "guinea pig" family at this point.)

Further on down the road, I saw the ass end of a Cyber Orange Maverick. Tried to catch up to him, but Daytona Beach traffic being what it is...fuggitaboutit!

Two in one day! We're out there!
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Shoots I used to live in a van in Daytona, traffic was not kind. You know its bad when you take to the sand to get around traffic lol.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was for about 2 weeks
Are you living in a van in Maui? (Anything is better than Daytona.)
Until I met my wife. She shares a couple acres in a valley with family and built her own off grid cabin. Had to move in and get hitched immediately!

I lived in Daytona back in 03 or 04. Worked night ahift at the 7-11 across from the Aku Tiki Inn Best Western. Could have made a whole movie on the stuff I saw there.a buddy of mine was also tagging along and worked the breakfast shift up in Flagler. Wild times.

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was for about 2 weeks

Until I met my wife. She shares a couple acres in a valley with family and built her own off grid cabin. Had to move in and get hitched immediately!

I lived in Daytona back in 03 or 04. Worked night ahift at the 7-11 across from the Aku Tiki Inn Best Western. Could have made a whole movie on the stuff I saw there.a buddy of mine was also tagging along and worked the breakfast shift up in Flagler. Wild times.
'03 was about the time my husband and I decided to move back to NY (Upstate near Rochester). Spent about 9 years up there before the snow and taxes drove us back out of NY. Moved back to FL in 2012 (St. Pete native here) but to the East Coast. Daytona hasn't changed since you left. I can only imagine what you experienced because the town gets weirder every day. I had one of those unusual jobs where I was out dealing with the public. Was making rounds one morning and found a dead guy with a needle in his arm at the ISB beach ramp. What a way to start the day. Two weeks into the job I have now, I had someone come banging on my car window demanding money while I was sitting in a parking lot getting ready to go back to work from lunch. Locked eyes with the guy while reaching into my center console, and quietly pulled out a Glock 19 and laid it in my lap. Soon as the dude saw that I was packing, he took off. Daytona is rampant with homelessness and drugs, and I strongly encourage all visitors to take necessary precautions. "Take the gun, leave the cannoli!"

Sponsored

Deleted member 6544

Hello, I've been to a couple 24 hours of Daytona. I don't remember seeing that much homeless. Of course I spent most of my time at the track.
I think I've seen one Maverick in the wild.

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello, I've been to a couple 24 hours of Daytona. I don't remember seeing that much homeless. Of course I spent most of my time at the track.
I think I've seen one Maverick in the wild.
If you were at the track, you were in the "no-see-um" zone. LOL!

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've lived in Florida my whole life and I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've been to Daytona BEACH. I've been to the track a number of times and around there to get fireworks, but never liked the beach. Too dirty and was always too crowded with drunken teenagers. Even when I was one, I think I only spent one Spring Break there.

Definitely a place to pass through while going somewhere nicer.

That said, when/if I ever get my Maverick, I will be waving at every one I see. I give a thumbs up when I see them now, but they probably just think I'm weird since I'm not in one.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

'03 was about the time my husband and I decided to move back to NY (Upstate near Rochester). Spent about 9 years up there before the snow and taxes drove us back out of NY. Moved back to FL in 2012 (St. Pete native here) but to the East Coast. Daytona hasn't changed since you left. I can only imagine what you experienced because the town gets weirder every day. I had one of those unusual jobs where I was out dealing with the public. Was making rounds one morning and found a dead guy with a needle in his arm at the ISB beach ramp. What a way to start the day. Two weeks into the job I have now, I had someone come banging on my car window demanding money while I was sitting in a parking lot getting ready to go back to work from lunch. Locked eyes with the guy while reaching into my center console, and quietly pulled out a Glock 19 and laid it in my lap. Soon as the dude saw that I was packing, he took off. Daytona is rampant with homelessness and drugs, and I strongly encourage all visitors to take necessary precautions. "Take the gun, leave the cannoli!"
Yeah I have done homeless several times in my life. But there is a difference between homeless and job/carless. I never minded being a wild hippy as long as I took some basic responsibility for atleast myself.

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I have done homeless several times in my life. But there is a difference between homeless and job/carless. I never minded being a wild hippy as long as I took some basic responsibility for atleast myself.
Any more these days, living in your car or van seems to be in vogue. You were awesome before your time!

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've lived in Florida my whole life and I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've been to Daytona BEACH. I've been to the track a number of times and around there to get fireworks, but never liked the beach. Too dirty and was always too crowded with drunken teenagers. Even when I was one, I think I only spent one Spring Break there.

Definitely a place to pass through while going somewhere nicer.

That said, when/if I ever get my Maverick, I will be waving at every one I see. I give a thumbs up when I see them now, but they probably just think I'm weird since I'm not in one.
It will be like the biker wave where every motorcyclist waves at every other motorcyclist, only with Mavericks.
Sponsored