Heated steering wheel and seats are awesome

Deacon Blues

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Fit, 1997 F150
I have a lariat Mav with the lux package, which includes a heated steering wheel and seats. Living in Canada these are almost mandatory options.
I had a heated steering wheel and seats on my BMW X1 and loved them, but the combo on my Mav has taken it to the next level.
I can't believe how fast my heated steering wheel and seats heat up and the steering wheel almost gets too hot. I wish Ford had two settings for the heated steering wheel.
At one time I thought that a heated steering wheels and seats was a 'you don't need this' option but once you have it you'll never want to go back.

A big thumbs up for me.
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a lariat Mav with the lux package, which includes a heated steering wheel and seats. Living in Canada these are almost mandatory options.
I had a heated steering wheel and seats on my BMW X1 and loved them, but the combo on my Mav has taken it to the next level.
I can't believe how fast my heated steering wheel and seats heat up and the steering wheel almost gets too hot. I wish Ford had two settings for the heated steering wheel.
At one time I thought that a heated steering wheels and seats was a 'you don't need this' option but once you have it you'll never want to go back.

A big thumbs up for me.
I have the heated seats in my Escape. Love them. When I ordered the Maverick and it had heated steering wheel, I said you bet!

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never really got the appeal. We live in an area that snows 6 months a year and heated steering wheel and seats came standard in our current car - we may have tried it for novelty once or twice. We did not check that box when we ordered the Maverick.

SlingerRing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A big thumbs up for me.
Even down in TX, it's a nice option to have. Just takes the comfort to that next level. Wish I had had this option when I was daily freezing my butt off in a Walmart Distribution warehouse freezer.

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Once you go with a heated steering wheel, you never go back….

Sponsored

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have some arthritis in the hands and never knew the heated wheel would feel so good!! I use it every morning and my hands thank me So much! Love it 😊
The seats are nice but ive got to have a heated wheel from now on.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet but I agree it gets super warm pretty fast.

Anyone noticed any of the warming options turning on automatically when you start the truck? I am pretty sure I have had them off on every trip but I find the wheel or mirrors or seat turned on a few times somehow, I know I didn't push the buttons for them. Does automatic climate control turn them on in some cases?

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in Wisconsin so I'm looking forward to my heated seats & steering wheel 🥶

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My heated steering wheel seems to come on full blast and then seems to kick down to a lesser temp after 5-10 minutes. Like it's two stage. It's been great. I don't need to turn it off. Stays comfortably warm. All the other heated steering wheel vehicles I have had come on nuclear and you have to turn off and keep off because they are too hot to the touch for continued driving.

I also like the three temp heated seats. I like to leave mine on while I drive. With a fully pushed out lumbar, it's like a heating pad for my back. Love it. And if it's starts to get too warm, I can lower the temperature.

But living here on the Washington coast, I actually use my heated seats year round. Normally low temp here in the morning is usually between 48- 50°F (9- 10°C) in the middle of summer. And it's a damp chilly morning start. Heated seats are nice. Then running A/C by 10 AM.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use the heated steering wheel and love it. Seats, not so much. But heated seats are much better than cooled seats.

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger

A big thumbs up for me.
I'm sure those heated windshield wiper arms are another must have option. Tired of having all the snow and ice freezing wiper arms up on windshield. Glad it was included in Lux package along with the aforementioned heated seats and steering wheel.
Sponsored