Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT 2.7, Explorer ST 3.0, Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If it makes everyone feel better, I also have a 2022 Explorer ST and I feel the same about those headlights. With these LED headlights, the lighting pattern just seems scattered and not direct, if that makes sense.
Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If it makes everyone feel better, I also have a 2022 Explorer ST and I feel the same about those headlights. With these LED headlights, the lighting pattern just seems scattered and not direct, if that makes sense.
by any chance, is your complaint with the light output mainly in rain and snow?

I could understand that a lot more easily than if you do not like the light output in dry clear conditions.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This thread is peak MTC.

OP: I want this
95% of the replies: No you don't
lol the reason I asked my question about rain and snow is that I have experienced poor visibility in rain and snow.

I doubt that's a Maverick thing as it happens with pretty much anything that has LEDs and doesn't have big yellow fog lights on it.

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder how many people who are happy with their low-beam headlights live in cities or towns with street lights.

I notice the limitations of my headlights when I slow down on my unlit street. The automatic lights switch to low-beams below a certain speed, and I override them as I worry about hitting deer or other wildlife.

I've just printed ADJUSTING THE HEADLAMPS pp.312-313 from my Owner's Manual and will give it a try.

Sponsored

BobC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Impala, 23 Maverick EB AWD Lux 4K Fx4 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are these headlights sealed? I’m not happy with the light output, is there anyway to upgrade the headlights?
That's 1 reason, among others, why I bought the Maverick vs the Santa Cruz. The NHSTA gave Maverick a much higher nighttime headlight rating

OP
OP

bigcat1185

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT 2.7, Explorer ST 3.0, Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

by any chance, is your complaint with the light output mainly in rain and snow?

I could understand that a lot more easily than if you do not like the light output in dry clear conditions.
It’s definitely the worst on wet blacktop.

TxMike64

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 OB, '11 A4, '33 HR, '22 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The headlights on the Mav are not great IMO - OK but not great. I think the problem is that they are LED and lack the full spectrum. It is a well known issue with LED headlights. The wavelength produced by these ultra-white LEDs induces glare and doesn't travel far. The best solution is to supplement with amber lights.

On both my previous Audi and my wife's Outback I added amber bulbs to the fog/driving lights (standard wattage) and it made a HUGE improvement to nighttime visibility while reducing glare and not blinding other drivers. And the difference is even more pronounced in inclement weather!

I'm looking into adding auxiliary amber lights to the Mav.

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

lol the reason I asked my question about rain and snow is that I have experienced poor visibility in rain and snow.

I doubt that's a Maverick thing as it happens with pretty much anything that has LEDs and doesn't have big yellow fog lights on it.
Right but I'm stuggling to find out the use case. Are you in the city? In which case the streets usually are lit up for you. Are you in the country? Well the auto-high beams kick in a lot of the time when there's no one else on the road LOL

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not to just be snarky like I was before, maybe your low beams aren't working and you're only getting DRL's? I find the lights quite bright already.

Sponsored

dc73pdsgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I will give that a shot. When the brights are on, lighting is great. But otherwise I find the normal lighting rather dull. Looking at the headlights from the front, they look nice and white and bright. But it doesn’t seem to translate to the blacktop.
these lights are plenty bright in low or high beam. if you're not seeing it in low beam then its the aim of the lights not the lights themselves. They are LED and are way brighter than any other bulbs Ive seen.

Bwicka

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick tremor/2023 maverick hybrid lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

for A cheap truck our lighting seems great to me , but there are options .
my cost for lariat headlight is about $1300 each ,xl is 1100 from ford . Difference being the daytime running light portion on top of enclosure.the last xl one i fixed I ordered a used light that had the lariat package ,bought on eBay for about 600 with one small fixed crack in it .ended up selling other stock xl unit for 500 , then bought a matching lariat w/drl for other side,used forscan to enable daytime running light portion on that xl .dont know if that improved overall nighttime or not.I couldn’t tell.but I am just getting to the age of needing glasses,53 now.
Your two aftermarket places for factory light mods are:
https://www.oraclelights.com/products/ford-maverick-demon-eye

https://bullseyecustomautos.com/products/22-ford-maverick-lariat-headlights

the first one is to add custom accent colors via drill and glue .
the second seems to take apart your unit customize the interior with paint or other drl lights or upgrades you may want at a starting cost of $700 per light if you provide your lights shipped to them otherwise it’s an additional $1500 per light if they provide new ones.
your options are limited till he Chinese knockoffs start arriving probably around the End of this year.
I didn’t see any offerings for replacements at Sema a couple months ago , just grills and some flares and simple plastic molded items.
when you do see them they will probably be just oem replacement for collision market.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get flashed off and on with these headlights. Maybe you need to get your night vision checked or something. I am 75 years old and can see great at night with these lights.
I can see much better after I had my cataract surgery two years ago.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder how many people who are happy with their low-beam headlights live in cities or towns with street lights.

I notice the limitations of my headlights when I slow down on my unlit street. The automatic lights switch to low-beams below a certain speed, and I override them as I worry about hitting deer or other wildlife.

I've just printed ADJUSTING THE HEADLAMPS pp.312-313 from my Owner's Manual and will give it a try.
In country I manually turn on high beams at 26mph when auto lights dim. They reset to auto magic next time I start maverick. If manual high be sure to dim them when approaching another car front or rear.
Sponsored