First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid, Corolla Hybrid
Engine
Undecided
Got a call from Klaben Ford that a customer could not take delivery of a Lariat Hybrid Lariat LUX package loaded to the gills. Salesman wanted to know if I wanted it for MSRP!!! Turns out they will not sell above sticker price even for customer orders that did not take delivery. This was very different from other dealers I have checked on available units.

My original order for a stripped down XL hybrid with another dealer is still waiting to be scheduled. I always thought a vehicle that gets you from point A to Point B is a good vehicle (until I decided to treat myself with the Lariat LUX) Wow - quiet on the highway, great premium sound system, power rear widow, moon roof - the works! Way more than my original order - but at my age it will probably be my last vehicle and now happy I got such a great truck after a lifetime of used beater trucks.
Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love it! Nice positive post

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sounds like a great dealership! Congratulations!

meg_099

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Quite Lucky! I was called about a Lariat with LUX but they wanted $5k over MSRP. Haggled them down to 2k above but I still couldn't pull the trigger. I originally had my heart set on an XLT so the idea of walking out the door (MSRP+ 2K markup +TTL) $7k higher than I was planning was too much.

OP
OP

Comet

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid, Corolla Hybrid
Engine
Undecided
Quite Lucky! I was called about a Lariat with LUX but they wanted $5k over MSRP. Haggled them down to 2k above but I still couldn't pull the trigger. I originally had my heart set on an XLT so the idea of walking out the door (MSRP+ 2K markup +TTL) $7k higher than I was planning was too much.
The Lariat LUX was way more than my original order of a basic XL. I would not have done it if they wanted more than MSRP. Still deciding on what to do with my original order.

Sponsored

meg_099

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Lariat LUX was way more than my original order of a basic XL. I would not have done it if they wanted more than MSRP. Still deciding on what to do with my original order.
I think that if they had offered it to me for MSRP I would have been there in a heartbeat. These ADMs are KILLING me. Some dealerships near me are marking up as much as $12k on newly turned down Mav orders.

• Sad
Reactions: Aza

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Enjoy your New truck. I am older and really enjoy my truck. I bought an Xl with upgraded wheels, 360, spray bed liner and tonneau cover.

The mileage is great and very smooth ride.

kpomeraning

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav on order, '17 Focus, '16 Focus, '09 Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hope to hell it wasn't the truck I ordered... After years of dealing with one fantastic salesperson there, he retired and his replacement has been AWOL when it comes to getting back to me about anything... I miss Dave Mott more and more every day.

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're indeed fortunate to have been working with an honest and ethical dealer / salesperson.

Congrats, enjoy your truck, and please show a few pics....

hooliganmom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have heard several good things about Klaben on this forum. If you are in NEO or maybe even parts of PA, it would be a good idea to check out this dealer if you are looking for one. I got mine for MSRP but they were planning on selling dealer stock or backed out orders with an ADM.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's great to hear stories of a positive dealer experience. They are out there though sometimes they can be hard to find. Crown Ford in Fayetteville, NC sold me my Bronco which was an abandoned order for MSRP.
Sponsored