athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great news! My local Carmax has two good-looking Mavericks for sale, an XL AWD and a Lariat AWD.
The not so good news?
Tax and all, the pair is going to set you back about $88,000 :cry:
$39,700 for the XL.
$48,300 for the Lariat.

The Ford dealers in the area mark them up even more.
Thank goodness for @Granger Ford

On a more positive note, enjoyed taking a thorough look at both, as it's been awhile since I test drove one, and it made me even more excited to get my truck once it's built. I have a bare bones XL EB FWD, so checking out the XL vs. the Lariat made me feel great about my decision. Nothing wrong with all the bells and whistles on the Lariat, but I have always preferred cloth seats and love the simple interior colors of the XL. Coming from a 2006 Element, the Mav has a ton of features. A 2022 base model isn't base to me at all. Adjusted the driver's seat to my liking and can sit behind myself as well. Plenty of room for our 3-person family.

One good thing about checking them out on the lot at Carmax is you get to check out all the other mid-sized trucks, and I can honestly say at 6'4", I'm so much more comfortable in a Mav than a 2022 Frontier, Tacoma, Ranger, or Colorado. Idk if it's something about the angle of the roof or how the seat sits or what, but there's no comparison for me. And it's about 20 times easier for my wife, who is 5'2", to climb in and out of. Pumped to get my hands on a Mav!

Ford Maverick Oh, Carmax... IMG-8197

Ford Maverick Oh, Carmax... IMG-8199
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$48,300 for a Lariat without the lux pack? Yikes.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The more they mark them up, the hotter the fire down there is going to be.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm only paying $29,300 +TTL for my Lariat Lux Hybrid in Cyber Orange. If someone offered $45k, it would be extremely difficult to turn that down.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been perusing on CarGurus at used Mavericks for sale across the country and the prices are absolutely insane. On average, XLs listed between $32K-$39K, XLTs listed between $38K-$42K, and Lariats listed between $42K-$50K. The market has lost its mind but thanks to the good ole chip shortage and dealers purposely keeping inventory low, it draws the price of used vehicles and makes them unattainable for someone with a brain cell. I say that because eventually some numnut will pay that ridiculous markup and dealers will continue to practice this. I don't see the car market going back to normal as a result when practicing what's going on now is more profitable. I'm hoping for at least a cool down in the market next year.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been perusing on CarGurus at used Mavericks for sale across the country and the prices are absolutely insane. On average, XLs listed between $32K-39K, XLTs listed between $38K-42K, and Lariats listed between $42K-$50K. The market has lost its mind but thanks to the good ole chip shortage and dealers purposely keeping inventory low, it draws the price of used vehicles and makes them unattainable for someone with a brain cell. I say that because eventually some numnut will pay that ridiculous markup and dealers will continue to practice this. I don't see the car market going back to normal as a result when practicing what's going on now is more profitable. I'm hoping for at least a cool down in the market next year.
I haven't heard/experienced that 1 before? Wondering what lead you to that conclusion?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't heard/experienced that 1 before? Wondering what lead you to that conclusion?
It's been said by more than one manufacturer. I know Mercedes and GM for sure have said the days of lots of inventory are over, regardless of chip availability. They plan to keep inventory low to keep prices up.

Austun316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xl
Great news! My local Carmax has two good-looking Mavericks for sale, an XL AWD and a Lariat AWD.
The not so good news?
$39,700 for the XL.
$48,300 for the Lariat.

On a more positive note, enjoyed taking a thorough look at both, as it's been awhile since I test drove one, and it made me even more excited to get my truck once it's built. I have a bare bones XL EB FWD, so checking out the XL vs. the Lariat made me feel great about my decision. Nothing wrong with all the bells and whistles on the Lariat, but I have always preferred cloth seats and love the simple interior colors of the XL. Coming from a 2006 Element, the Mav has a ton of features. A 2022 base model isn't base to me at all. Adjusted the driver's seat to my liking and can sit behind myself as well. Plenty of room for our 3-person family.

One good thing about checking them out on the lot at Carmax is you get to check out all the other mid-sized trucks, and I can honestly say at 6'4", I'm so much more comfortable in a Mav than a 2022 Frontier, Tacoma, Ranger, or Colorado. Idk if it's something about the angle of the roof or how the seat sits or what, but there's no comparison for me. And it's about 20 times easier for my wife, who is 5'2", to climb in and out of. Pumped to get my hands on a Mav!

IMG-8197.jpg

IMG-8199.jpg
Thank God for Chapman and granger but it's the market.

That's what they are going for if you don't order.

Same people who get top dollar for their trade bitch about this.

Dealers ain't feb the red cross.

Grow up my man

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Grow up my man
I don't know what you're on about, but I'd love to see some of these "top dollar" trade amounts. No dealership offered us "top dollar" amounts for trades this year.. they played the same low ball game they always have.

2017 Elantra Limited - trade offer @ Honda dealership $12,000. They even tried to guilt me that I needed to accept that offer because some family "needed" the car. Sold to Carmax for $16,100.

2019 Genesis G70 - trade offer @ Acura dealership $26,500. Auctioned on Carmigo to a Chevy dealership for $30,200.

Not saying same experience for everyone, but seems the typical non-Carmax dealer is not really offering up anymore than usual.

adamgrattan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 deville
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The not so good news?
$39,700 for the XL.
$48,300 for the Lariat.

IMG-8197.jpg

IMG-8199.jpg
I order fwd eco boost xl with only a hitch from granger. I haven't got a build. I order last day. What color did you choose

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Local repair guy who has had their shop for decades told me he has never been this busy. People are spending thousands on repairs on old cars with high mileage because they all know about the rip-off prices folks are charging for junky used cars. His two problems are getting parts quickly and finding enough mechanics.

Last edited:
OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Grow up my man
I'm grown. This market didn't start yesterday. That doesn’t make those prices any less ridiculous. Something stupid that keeps happening over time is still stupid. More than anything, I enjoyed the fact that my Granger XL is going to cost half this Carmax XL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I order fwd eco boost xl with only a hitch from granger. I haven't got a build. I order last day. What color did you choose
Carbonized Grey

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Once again. If you have sold a used car (at an iflated value) and are bitching about the mark up at dealerships, you are a hypocrite.

Nobody forces you to pay a stupid price for a vehicle. The marketplace is what it is. Grow up.

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The not so good news?
$39,700 for the XL.
$48,300 for the Lariat.

IMG-8197.jpg

IMG-8199.jpg
My local CarMax offered me 36k for my hybrid lariat about two months ago, I knew they would turn around and ask at least 5k more so I felt at even 36k they were lowballing me. I didn’t sell.
Sponsored