Sponsored

Has Ford kinda abandoned the whole FITS thing?

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford brags about having many water bottle locations but none of them hold wide bottles. I did get the free FITS components so I solved this buy not using the FITS trash can for trash but wide bottles per one of many road trip videos I posted.

Sponsored

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let me preface this by stating that I don't know much about the Flashforge printers, but I do have a Prusa MK3 that I built from a kit and upgraded parts of my hot-end for better thermals and printing abrasive filaments. I've printed various PLA blends, PETG, TPU, and Amphora co-polymers (what ever those are).

Why do you need to upgrade your nozzle for a printer that claims to be able to print ABS (according to my PrusaSlicer generic profiles ABS prints in the 255°C region, but PLA prints in the 230°C to 240°C region)? I'm genuinely curious giving my lack of familiarity with your brand of printer.
Ahhhh yes see with mine the nozzle only will go up to 240C flash forge said in my manual before printing with PETG I would need to upgrade to like a 260 6mm nozzle ? is the BS idk lol but looking at the inland temps it seems to handle it ? maybe they just want my money for a extra nozzle. I only do pla+ pro at 215c and it seems alright on a hot day outside still doing tests tho.

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
with mine the nozzle only will go up to 240C flash forge said in my manual before printing with PETG I would need to upgrade to like a 260 6mm nozzle
Oh, FFS... I'm really getting a bad taste in my mouth for that brand. They clearly say on the product page that it can print both PLA and ABS, but no where on the product page do they say that it can't print ABS out of the box and you have to purchase a separate add-on to add the capability... Oh, now I see it buried in the specs, max temperature of 240°C, but one has to already know that ABS prints higher than that... GD marketing departments...

You should be able to get away with printing PETG at 230-240 in a 0.4mm nozzle keep your volumetric flow down to around 10mm/s^3 and the filament should spend enough time in the melt chamber to fully melt. This chart might help you choose filaments that can work in the temperature range that you have: https://help.prusa3d.com/materials

Reeder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe because this is just not that interesting. Not that useful.

I used my trash can for like 2 weeks then took it out and never put it back in. That was 6 months ago.
I keep 2 dog leashes, thermos cold water and some wipes in my trash can.

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh, FFS... I'm really getting a bad taste in my mouth for that brand. They clearly say on the product page that it can print both PLA and ABS, but no where on the product page do they say that it can't print ABS out of the box and you have to purchase a separate add-on to add the capability... Oh, now I see it buried in the specs, max temperature of 240°C, but one has to already know that ABS prints higher than that... GD marketing departments...

You should be able to get away with printing PETG at 230-240 in a 0.4mm nozzle keep your volumetric flow down to around 10mm/s^3 and the filament should spend enough time in the melt chamber to fully melt. This chart might help you choose filaments that can work in the temperature range that you have: https://help.prusa3d.com/materials
Right ! so I did upgrade my nozzle since my PETG I tried needed to be 245 and it came out perfect ! I made a grocery hook and a cubby fits thing and this afternoon I will make a trashcan !

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I saw in another thread that Mabett is releasing a combo trashcan with spring-closing lid and 2 cupholders built into it that goes into the rear center console FITS slot. I'm pretty interested in that.

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw in another thread that Mabett is releasing a combo trashcan with spring-closing lid and 2 cupholders built into it that goes into the rear center console FITS slot. I'm pretty interested in that.
Link? I am interested too. Thanks!

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could care less about the fits stuff just like the stupid useless cubby next to the screen and the door water bottle holders that can't hold most water bottles...

Reactions: bgn

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I could care less about the fits stuff just like the stupid useless cubby next to the screen and the door water bottle holders that can't hold most water bottles...
They weren't meant to be usable once you buy it. They were meant to be used for marketing. 🤣

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing in my FITS kit that was of (barely) any value to me was the double cup holder. On long trips I occasionally will put an empty bottle or coffee mug back there to get it out of the way. I gave everything else away to a member here....

MavC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ended up printing myself some additional FITS mounts for a couple 3D printed storage boxes (first aid and small tools) behind my seats, and one for my cooler in my truck bed. Would have been helpful places for ford to have put them beforehand
Ford Maverick Has Ford kinda abandoned the whole FITS thing? IMG_4276

Ford Maverick Has Ford kinda abandoned the whole FITS thing? IMG_4274

Ford Maverick Has Ford kinda abandoned the whole FITS thing? IMG_4277
Sponsored