Has anyone had Covid? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS]

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Endemic infections in canines? I hadn't heard that. The last thing I saw on pet infections said:

Can you direct me to a reliable source that discusses endemic infections in dogs? We have a couple of dogs and that concerns me. (I did a quick search but didn't see anything along those lines.) Thanks...
Replied via DM. It’s long, against the intent of this thread and contains implications of prepublished data
Sponsored

ArizonaLouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had it in Dec. 5 days of mega fatigue. No medical care needed. No cough.
I ramped up on Zinc (100mg a day) and Vitamin D (5000 IU/day) and Vitamin C.
No Problem.

boglehead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No need to be scared! Here are your survival percentages if you get Covid. This info. is straight from the CDC.

0-19 yrs of age = 99.997 % chance of survival!
20-49 yrs= 99.98%
50-69 yrs= 99.5%
70+ yrs = 94.7 %

Don't Worry!
Ford Maverick Has anyone had Covid? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 1630063609757

COVID is dangerous. I am an infectious disease physician. Anyone diagnosed with COVID should talk with their physician to see if they are a candidate for monoclonal antibody therapy. This is the only approved therapy. It is proven to reduce risk of severe disease on the order of 70%.

I hope you do well.

Last edited:

maverick92

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F150 Lightning
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some can't take the vaccine and some trust in big pharma about as much as trusting a rattlesnake... if they are worried about your health and giving free vaccine y not give cancer treatment for free? Just my 2 cents
The same reason Ford doesn't give us all free Mavericks! The pharma/biotech industry is far from perfect and they ABSOLUTELY deserve criticism for a lot things, but for every terrible executive there are thousands of good people working tirelessly to develop and manufacture medicines that save lives. I think sometimes we lose focus that behind every maverick truck or covid vaccine there are a lot of regular people trying to do good in the world. /rant

Feel better soon Andy!

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP, Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon!!!!

Sponsored

inferno

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Colorado, 2022 Ford Maverick
I had it last month. I only had a few symptoms(headache, body soreness, little cough) never ran a fever. I tested positive before i even knew I had it. I only went and tested because i was exposed. I immediately started drinking fluids like a fish, went and got vitamins and did my best to stay active. Even the few days i felt my worse i managed to get up as often as i could and do laps around my house.

Hope your feeling better soon!

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took the Moderna shot 2 weeks ago today when my wife got hers. She had the chills fever etc. that night, I had nothing. The next two days our arms felt like someone punched us in it. Ironically the shot itself didn’t hurt.

3 days later taking a shower I noticed my armpit was sore and found a swollen lymph node under arm I got a shot. Looked it up and it’s suppose to be a side effect that happens more in women then men.

A few days after that I started getting pain in my left chest down my side and my back and the swollen lymph node (Shot was in my left arm).

So yesterday I go to clinic to have it all checked out. Mainly the chest pain as I’m super healthy no underlying conditions, I don’t take medication, etc., so it had me REALLY worried. I read where some Covid vaccinated people have had the swollen lymph node and mild Myocarditis (swelling around heart).

We did vitals, x rays on top of an EKG to make sure I had no swelling. I was happy to do it all for peace of mind.
Everything came back negative. But if you would have asked me before hand I would’ve swore something much worse was amiss then a swollen lymph node.
I got prescribed muscle relaxer to help me sleep at night. Which worked great last night.

With that being said, I WILL NOT be getting the second Moderna dose. The first dose has scared me enough that I’m not pushing my luck (I’ve read the second dose can affect people more).

Your mileage may vary, but if something does not feel right get it checked out. You know your body better then anyone else does..

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure I was one of the early cases. About a week after attending the very crowded St Louis Auto Show (Jan 2020), I had fairly severe somach issues for about a month, month and a half, including becoming lactose intolerant. About the same time, my Nieces family that I spend a significant amount of time with also got sick. It was deep into summer before I was able to get anti-body testing done, which came back negative, so who knows?

Fotomoto

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity, C-Max Energi, & Prius
Breakthru covid the past couple of weeks. Even with the moderna vax back in April, it was no walk in the park for me as I have an underlying condition (25 years of second hand smoke from a heavy smoking family). I still am having lingering fatigue and shortness of breath but both are getting better each day.

Wife (moderna vax) has it too; probably from me. She describes hers as a "head cold from hell" but her lungs feel good. Neither of us want it again so we''ll be getting boosters ASAP. Moderna seems to be good for about 6 months; maybe newer vax will be better but the mutations will continue just like it does with the flu.

As Bill Mahre and others have pointed out, this epidemic reveals the real pandmenic in the USA and much of the western world, our very poor diet and all the baggage that carries: obesity, poor nutrition, poor health, etc. My doctor never asks me about my diet.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have covid and I’m scared. Was hoping to just hear from people that have been there and one that for some encouragement 😬
I have not had it, as far as I know.

I work in an office comprised of some 80 people, and there have been 10ish cases that I know of, and nobody has died, though a few have been hospitalized. To my knowledge, none have required ICU care, and none have experienced long-term complications.

Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lost some families to Covid. That's why I need this damn truck! I'm so depressed!

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, you do.

If you are concerned, antibody tests are pretty good at determining whether you previously had COVID.
Yes, but according to my doctor and the lab that did my Covid-19 antibody test (positive), there are a lot of false negatives. Maybe if one is convinced they had Covid in the last six months or so and received a negative antibody test, get another one a couple weeks later.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
there are a lot of false [antibody test] negatives ... [if you are concerned] get another one a couple weeks later.
Good advice. None of these tests are perfect.

OP
OP
MaverickAngler

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update:
I’ve been in the hospital for 2 days now. Expected to be for a total of 7 and then still a long recovery at home. That’s the best case scenario. It’s all I can do to keep my oxygen at the minimum levels.

don’t fuck around with this shit guys. I wish I would have got the vaccine. Knowing what I’m feeling Now it makes my old anti vaccine concerns feel stupid

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Yes, had the nasty bug April 2020. Took about 3-4 months for my conditioning to return to my normal.
Sponsored