First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We got about 18 inches here over the last two days. Drove my wife's Jeep with 100% tread Falken Wildpeaks, and had to pass a Civic and a Corolla on the hills as they struggled to get to the top. I thought of this thread when I met each car and laughed my ass off each time. BTW, the Jeep never spun a tire with the selector in Snow Mode. Her Jeep is the best vehicle I have ever driven in the snow in my 57 years of driving and that includes 5 Jeeps, a Scout and too many to count 4x4 pickups. Cheers all.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dfw Maverick

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4
FX4 sand mode is full rpms and awd allows for drifting. The OP should have said the fx4 is A MUST FOR SNOW FUN. Most of my dislike for FWD cars in the snow is the lack of fun and the dreaded sliding left or right. I'd take a RWD car any day over fwd for that reason alone. :ROFLMAO:
That's what I meant but a few fwd crowds would be butt hurt.

OP
OP
Dfw Maverick

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4
AWD/4x4 kills fwd vehicles for motive traction in any road condition, every single time, no comparison. My 2017 AWD 2.0 eb escape with stock Continental all seasons tires, would easily pull away , on any snow or icy roads from my 2016 Mazda 6 with new Michelin Xice 3 snow tires. I know, I drive them both, and it isnā€™t even close. My Mazda 6 fwd with the xice 3ā€˜s has superior braking and turning grip than the Escape had with all seasons. I traded the Escape for my now Maverick AWD and itā€™s even better than the Escape was. I canā€™t believe people are even arguing this. For pulling out from a side road, through the piles of plowed snow, up hills, from dead stops, accelerating while moving, driving through thick unplowed fresh snow, quick full throttle jabs from a dead stop on dry roads, etc etc etc AWD wins every time. Every time.
Fwd with excellent top quality snow tires in my own experience and comparisons, with my own cars, is absolutely destroyed in forward traction grip by an AWD vehicle equipped with all season tires with 70%+ tread depth. Add winter rated tires to the AWD and wow, just wow, you will not ever question the get you moving traction advantage of AWD ever again.
Iā€™ve driven a lot of winters, in a lot of bad weather and nothing else gets you moving forward like an AWD/4x4 vehicle.
My fx4 has the tow hooks so those who cry their 2wd are better ill be the one pulling them off the ditch.

Last edited:

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know, sliding out of control is a lot of fun. It's the careening into something that eventually comes with it that really bites. Kind of like jumping off the building would be fun. It's the sudden stop that's a real killer!

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know, sliding out of control is a lot of fun. It's the careening into something that eventually comes with it that really bites. Kind of like jumping off the building would be fun. It's the sudden stop that's a real killer!
I'd rather be a passenger with someone that purposely drifts/messes around. In the instance of a slide or emergency situation we are conditioned to how it feels and should have less of an over reaction as would a normal driver. Think of it as fun training.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is a good vid of the awd mav in snow, does really well. Ive almost talked myself into a hybrid but no way I give up awd, maybe in 23 that will be an option.

Sponsored