Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had 2 E4OD one was a 2wd which had issues another I currently have that gave me some leakage once up the mountain but stopped all that when I put a bigger cooler on it. My first van had a AOD in it that was a hell of a transmission. It out lasted the body at 333,000 miles and I did alot of nuetral drop burnouts in it at 18 years old. Always more of a manual guy when it comes to trusting a transmission. They are the only ones that can be really honest with you about their condition. Maybe one day there will be a swap for the Maverick.
Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had 2 E4OD one was a 2wd which had issues another I currently have that gave me some leakage once up the mountain but stopped all that when I put a bigger cooler on it. My first van had a AOD in it that was a hell of a transmission. It out lasted the body at 333,000 miles and I did alot of nuetral drop burnouts in it at 18 years old. Always more of a manual guy when it comes to trusting a transmission. They are the only ones that can be really honest with you about their condition. Maybe one day there will be a swap for the Maverick.
Well the ST focus has a 2.0 with a manual right? Would be cool if someone figured that out

Jraoffroad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2001 F350 Diesel Dually, 2019 Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was always my issue with them. Front seals that are afraid of hot fluid. Worked great until about 170 then instantly puked all the fluid out the front seal. The one I caught in time survived fine the burnt the clutches before a realized what happened.

I'm for manuals myself. The talk with my 4R100 is "one weird shift and your getting tossed over the hill and replaced with a ZF6."

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was always my issue with them. Front seals that are afraid of hot fluid. Worked great until about 170 then instantly puked all the fluid out the front seal. The one I caught in time survived fine the burnt the clutches before a realized what happened.

I'm for manuals myself. The talk with my 4R100 is "one weird shift and your getting tossed over the hill and replaced with a ZF6."
I manual swapped my 03' f350 CCLB with the 6R to a ZF6. Not bad at all for most things but the reverse was geared wayyy to high especially with a load and a dual disk sucked balls in traffic.

Sponsored

Parabellum

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 5.0 (hopefully soon maverick)
I live in the burbs and don't tow a lot but definitely wanted AWD for the winters here. Beyond that just trying to future proof. I ended up with the 4K because I may want to tow a trailer. Was going to get the FX4 to get the black wheels but went with the black package which also gets the black seats. If I get a place where I need to drive off road more I will try tires, springs, shocks, etc. first and see if that works. A big part of this is how they look- not ashamed to admit that.
Does the all black package also get the better display between the gauges?

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

BackFromTheDead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered XLT Tremor

Interesting video showing how much difference a rear locking diff makes on a unibody vehicle. That subaru has about the same clearance as the tremor.

Sponsored

jcartwright99

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Interesting video showing how much difference a rear locking diff makes on a unibody vehicle. That subaru has about the same clearance as the tremor.
The locking diff will make a huge difference in challenging terrain. Now if you aren't going over much challenging terrain, the torque vectoring AWD should do fine. I think you should just take a look at the Badlands Bronco Sport vs all other Bronco Sport models. Badlands performs much better on challenging terrain.

It will be worth it to some and not to others. I look forward to the comparison video between the two which will highlight the strengths and weakness of Tremor and non Tremor models.

BackFromTheDead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered XLT Tremor
The locking diff will make a huge difference in challenging terrain. Now if you aren't going over much challenging terrain, the torque vectoring AWD should do fine. I think you should just take a look at the Badlands Bronco Sport vs all other Bronco Sport models. Badlands performs much better on challenging terrain.

It will be worth it to some and not to others. I look forward to the comparison video between the two which will highlight the strengths and weakness of Tremor and non Tremor models.
100% agree. There is no definitive one truck is better than the other. It's totally what the individual needs. For me, I don't tow. I ordered this truck to play in and because I really like its looks. I don't need a new vehicle. It's just a luxury. If it can carry a motorcycle or two in the back, that's basically all I need it to be able to do.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

100% agree. There is no definitive one truck is better than the other. It's totally what the individual needs. For me, I don't tow. I ordered this truck to play in and because I really like its looks. I don't need a new vehicle. It's just a luxury. If it can carry a motorcycle or two in the back, that's basically all I need it to be able to do.
Yep. I got the Tremor because I have old junk that will tow far better than the 4k ever would. My GC is even worth 6500lb towing! I just want the maximum offroadability I can get and the build price difference from my 22 order was only like $800. Absolute no brainer.

Jraoffroad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2001 F350 Diesel Dually, 2019 Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not to concerned with the tow rating. I really wish the 7pin and trailer brake controller were an option without 4k. Every trailer I own has 7 pin plugs and all but a 4x6 that never goes on road has brakes. Just because they are not required don't mean they are not a good idea. Now I'm going to have to rewire a new truck and mount a controller.

The only trailer I have the the Maverick could handle is a 12ft tandem trailer that weighs 900 lbs. The most load it would see behind the Tremor is a 1900 lbs SXS. I'm not worried about 800 lbs over.
Sponsored