Sponsored

FWIW! Salesman now says "Ford to re-open Maverick order bank in Oct. or Nov.!

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Smells like bull shit to me. I wish that was true.
Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My two cents on this is that Ford will open order banks for commercial pro orders and for dealer stock, not customer special orders.
Help me understand the dealer stock "orders". Dealers have basically no stock so wouldn't they all be putting in orders? Seems to be me that ford will just send dealers stock if they have it and the dealer would be happy to get it.

OP
OP

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Help me understand the dealer stock "orders". Dealers have basically no stock so wouldn't they all be putting in orders? Seems to be me that ford will just send dealers stock if they have it and the dealer would be happy to get it.
Tim at LM put in an order for a dealer stock Maverick, just to see if webdo would take it... and it did!
Most dealers probably are unaware of this, just as many of them are still unaware of COVP, 2 years on. Just my guess as an observer.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2023 is going to be a short run year (December through August), from the reports I have seen, they will not re-open the order banks, they have already taken more orders than they can produce. Ford was thinking that they would have had months before maxing out, it took less than a week and they could not shut down the order banks fast enough without leaving the dealers in the lurch. 30 mavs x 3000 dealers = 90,000 mavs. Ford again has underestimated the demand of the Maverick.
I haven't seen any evidence they took more orders than they can produce. Only Ford would know how many they can build and they don't reveal that it seems. Keep in mind not all dealers would get 30 orders like you guessed here: mine for example had less than 10- I'm #7 and ordered mid December.

Sponsored

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
The dealer stock orders are entered with a much lower priority than the customer orders.
If the factory is only able to build some bare bones EcoBoost XLTs and there are no customer orders for those then they will fulfill the dealer stock orders. I wouldn't expect to see any Hybrids come in as dealer stock.

Nugget

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealers can place a stock order today. Only retail order banks closed. All retails will have a higher priority than any stock. But if a dealership has only hybrid retail engines ordered and Ford only has gas engines to build, a stock unit will get pulled.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Folks, folks please calm down! This all BS!! Jim Farley called me early Friday morning and invited the wife and myself to have dinner with the Farley's that night. I then called Jerry Jones, owner and General Manager of the Dallas Cowboys if I could borrow his Gulfstream V for the weekend. Of course he said, "Absolutely, no problem". We had a wonderful time with the Farley's.
I asked about issues pertaining to 2023 Maverick production and he said there are too many rumors, innuendo and BS. "2023 production will be smooth as silk with all orders produced in a timely fashion". There you have it.

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I expect the order banks to open up again, but not until late spring when Ford has a better idea of how their allocations are going.

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't seen any evidence they took more orders than they can produce. Only Ford would know how many they can build and they don't reveal that it seems. Keep in mind not all dealers would get 30 orders like you guessed here: mine for example had less than 10- I'm #7 and ordered mid December.

I agree, not all dealers will have 30 orders, yours might only have 10, but there are plenty of dealerships out there that took way more orders like Long McArthur Ford that put in over 700 orders which would be equivalent of 24 dealers ordering 30 Mav's. More evidence would be how quickly Ford shut down the order banks for both Hybrid AND Ecoboost. There is high demand for these cool trucks.

Sponsored

Topfun

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

btas

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Mustang, Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2023 is going to be a short run year (December through August), from the reports I have seen, they will not re-open the order banks, they have already taken more orders than they can produce. Ford was thinking that they would have had months before maxing out, it took less than a week and they could not shut down the order banks fast enough without leaving the dealers in the lurch. 30 mavs x 3000 dealers = 90,000 mavs. Ford again has underestimated the demand of the Maverick.
My small town Ford Dealer said they placed 45 Customer Orders for Mavericks during the short period the order banks were open. He said nearly all were for Hybrids. I was one of their handful of ecoboost orders.