Sponsored

Open letter to Ford Motor Company: please release MY23 order guide days before order bank opening

Euby

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dear @Ford Motor Company,

On behalf of all the people that have placed orders that will get pushed into MY 2023, please PLEASE release the order guide a few days before the order bank opens on 8/2. I'm sure that dealers, like Tim Bartz (@fordvideoguy) would like to have the information sooner rather than later. Based on constraints, it is almost certain that there will be changes from MY22 to MY23 packages that will be offered. If we, as your customers, can see the writing on the wall (regarding packages, options, and color changes), then why not go ahead and release the order guides. Show us that Ford as a company can communicate effectively to dealers and customers.

Thank you!
Sponsored

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would be extremely surprised if you get a response, much less them actually following through.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I find this extremely troubling. Order Banks open on Aug 2nd but most likely there will be nothing to order. How does this make any sense? If the order sheet is not ready, delay the opening date until it is. Ford has chimed in on users that have issues with their car on this forum in the past. So they are aware of the concerns. But have not responded. Unbelievable!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I find this extremely troubling. Order Banks open on Aug 2nd but most likely there will be nothing to order. How does this make any sense? If the order sheet is not ready, delay the opening date until it is. Ford has chimed in on users that have issues with their car on this forum in the past. So they are aware of the concerns. But have not responded. Unbelievable!
It makes sense if you are not consumed by FOMO. How about backing off and not being so concerned about ordering the 1st day? Or the 1st week, month? WAIT until everything needed to make a sound decision is available. You don't NEED TO be 1st or "front of the line" to order a Maverick do you? We know it will be a case of "hurry up and wait" for many months AFTER you order. You'll be able to order for many months and this is Summer and tons of other fun and pleasant things to do - so why not turn your focus to those for awhile? We all know there are other avenues and work arounds for getting a Maverick if you NEED 1 sooner, and the trade off will be probably paying more than what some people here will approve of (ignore them- it's not their $ or decision) and the used market is now coming back to Earth. We've seen many people intercept an incoming vehicle or take advantage of a refused retail order- it can be done with a little extra work. I don't get why people are so stressed about about the order process which they have no control over. Life is too short for that :unsure:

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Look if Ford says the order banks open on Aug 2nd but they are not ready it's on them. To me that grossly incompetent. If they can't be ready then delay the date.

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look if Ford says the order banks open on Aug 2nd but they are not ready it's on them. To me that grossly incompetent. If they can't be ready then delay the date.
Summer temps can only do so much. Cut um some slack.:cool:

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I worked in IT for a contract medical device manufacturer. It's about communication! Sure projects get delayed stuff happens. I would have lost my job if a system that was scheduled on a certain date was not available unless I informed all the stakeholders in the project.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It makes sense if you are not consumed by FOMO. How about backing off and not being so concerned about ordering the 1st day? Or the 1st week, month? WAIT until everything needed to make a sound decision is available. You don't NEED TO be 1st or "front of the line" to order a Maverick do you? We know it will be a case of "hurry up and wait" for many months AFTER you order. You'll be able to order for many months and this is Summer and tons of other fun and pleasant things to do - so why not turn your focus to those for awhile? We all know there are other avenues and work arounds for getting a Maverick if you NEED 1 sooner, and the trade off will be probably paying more than what some people here will approve of (ignore them- it's not their $ or decision) and the used market is now coming back to Earth. We've seen many people intercept an incoming vehicle or take advantage of a refused retail order- it can be done with a little extra work. I don't get why people are so stressed about about the order process which they have no control over. Life is too short for that :unsure:
This.
Aside from the points mentioned above, my guess is that there isn't going to be a ton of difference between 2022 vs. 2023 options anyway. Not so much that you'd have trouble reviewing and deciding the day the order banks open. As we've seen with Bronco and now with Maverick, the early bird isn't getting the worm either way. It's more a crapshoot than a sure bet. Good luck with your order!

Last edited:
Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This.
Aside from the points mentioned above, my guess is that there isn't going to be a ton of difference between 2022 vs. 2023 options anyway. Not so much that you'd have trouble reviewing and deciding the day the order banks open, anyway. As we've seen with Bronco and now with Maverick, the early bird isn't getting the worm either way. It's more a crapshoot than a sure bet. Good luck with your order!
True. I don't expect there to be any major changes. We know of a few color changes already. They will probably rework some options to reduce problematic constraints, but that is it.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This.
Aside from the points mentioned above, my guess is that there isn't going to be a ton of difference between 2022 vs. 2023 options anyway. Not so much that you'd have trouble reviewing and deciding the day the order banks open, anyway. As we've seen with Bronco and now with Maverick, the early bird isn't getting the worm either way. It's more a crapshoot than a sure bet. Good luck with your order!
True. I don't expect there to be any major changes. We know of a few color changes already. They will probably rework some options to reduce problematic constraints, but that is it.

Family Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This.
The ZERO % finance rate is the killer
Sponsored