Sponsored

Open letter to Ford Motor Company: please release MY23 order guide days before order bank opening

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry Stacy I was not clear, your numbers are good but Ford's makes no sense. If they can only produce max 120k per year but they already had 100k reservations as of a year ago, they won't be able to take enough orders to fill the demand. It would be nice if they were transparent and told us their backlog but they won't.
Please don't confuse RESERVATIONS with ORDERS. They are not 1 and the same and not interchageable when discussing units ordered and built and sold. Yes, it was strongly hinted there were something more than 100K RESERVATIONS revealed by Ford, but over time dealer revealed conversion rates of those reservations to actual customer orders was somewhere between 55-65%. Assuming that 120k annual production rate is somewhat accurate, once you throw out the flippers, scammers, multi-order people never intending to accept all their orders- 120k should be about right to fulfill all legitimate retail orders and still have some for dealer stock.
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Agree, life is too short. Stress can cause all kinds of life shortening conditions too though, and stressing over a situation you have no control over is not healthy. I'm still waiting for mine too, and I'm certainly more anxious than when I first started this journey. The thing about trying to get to the head of the line is you probably won't even get ordered the 1st day order banks open, even if you have a signed purchase agreement + deposit with your dealer :( There's thousands of dealers out there taking pre-orders representing probably multiple thousands of orders to enter and they can't magically be ordered at the same time. Even if they have multiple people entering the orders, each 1 will probably take 1/2 hour to enter carefully and correctly so a lot of the pre-orders are not going in the 1st day anyways. Wouldn't surprise me if Ford's WBDO server crashes or at least gets bogged way down by the extra heavy traffic.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it seems like the reality and some people are still going to have a wait from day 1 of ordering and are hopefully able to deal with additional waiting and a lot of orders needing allocations in front of them no matter the rush to order. We don't have to like it, but it is what it is. Good Luck!
Not harsh, just the way it is. The 1st rule of the 21 lessons is:
"Accept Everything Just the Way it is" From the Book of Five Rings
https://drunkenpenwriting.com/2018/01/23/miyamoto-musashis-21-rules-to-live-your-life-by/

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A cry in the wilderness. If you hear anything it will only be your own echo. ☹
Sponsored