Sponsored

Ford may re-open Maverick order banks in August?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"According to Bowen Scarff Ford, there's a strong possibility of the order books re-opening (again) in August 2023."
They opened in September 2022, and that's around the time of typical new model year order banks opening up. Really isn't telling us much new here. Sometime in late summer, 2024 order banks will open up.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
- there are so many false statements in that article I assumed it was computer generated

- they quoted Motor Biscuit so that alone should be enough to not bother reading any further

- Motor Biscuit is nothing but click bait but I thought better of MSN

I thought this sentence was amusing: "According to Motor Biscuit, the 2022 Ford Maverick became an instant best-seller upon its debut, accounting for about 73% of U.S. vehicle sales in 2022."

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They opened in September 2022, and that's around the time of typical new model year order banks opening up. Really isn't telling us much new here. Sometime in late summer, 2024 order banks will open up.
what everyone forgets to remember is for MY22 the banks opened up June 8th, 2021. The only reason they delayed it for MY23 was to add 3 months of production to finish 22’s.(which wasn’t a normal thing for them to do) Ford already stated they won’t be rolling over 23’s to My24 this year so things could be going back to normal or as they originally started the Mav, in June.

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
what everyone forgets to remember is for MY22 the banks opened up June 8th, 2021. The only reason they delayed it for MY23 was to add 3 months of production to finish 22’s.(which wasn’t a normal thing for them to do) Ford already stated they won’t be rolling over 23’s to My24 this year so things could be going back to normal or as they originally started the Mav, in June.

I don't think so. It will probably be Aug - Sept. They opened early in 21 because it was a new model. They didn't start scheduling in June.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Remember 23 order were originally supposed to open last august. So yeah...

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think so. It will probably be Aug - Sept. They opened early in 21 because it was a new model. They didn't start scheduling in June.
they started scheduling in Aug and production in Sept.. I bet it will go back. But who knows this is Ford

OP
OP
Old Ranchero

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought they were referring to re-opening MY2023 order banks for building additional MY2023 model units. The gist of the story was about how popular Mavericks are with limited windows to buy them. I did not see anything about when MY2024 order banks may open. There is precedent for Ford to re-open order banks to take more current year orders with Lighting, and I think Mach-E, IIRC.

I have no clue who that quoted dealer is or why we should believe they have some inside info, and I know Motorbiscuit is mostly worthless regurgitating other people's stories, but to me there was enough of a hint of 'it may be possible' based on Ford Precedent on other vehicles I threw it out there for commentary.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought they were referring to re-opening MY2023 order banks for building additional MY2023 model units. The gist of the story was about how popular Mavericks are with limited windows to buy them. I did not see anything about when MY2024 order banks may open. There is precedent for Ford to re-open order banks to take more current year orders with Lighting, and I think Mach-E, IIRC.

I have no clue who that quoted dealer is or why we should believe they have some inside info, and I know Motorbiscuit is mostly worthless regurgitating other people's stories, but to me there was enough of a hint of 'it may be possible' based on Ford Precedent on other vehicles I threw it out there for commentary.
I wouldn't totally rule out order banks being reopened for EBs, but it wouldn't happen that late. Order banks for 24 will most likely open Aug or Sept.

In the end, I don't think that Ford will open order banks for retail 23 EBs, they'll just restrict dealer stock orders to whatever parts they have available.
Ford cut off retail 22 F-150s fairly early. There were lots of stock orders available the last 3 months of production (with plenty of constraints).

Sponsored

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Motor Biscuit as in dropping a biscuit.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, assuming Ford simply matches the 2022 output, they could need some EB orders by May (allocations notwithstanding):

Ford Maverick Ford may re-open Maverick order banks in August? 1673388621076

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford already stated they won’t be rolling over 23’s to My24 this year
That is somewhat inaccurate. The memo that was posted said there would be no price protection or private offers on '23 to '24. It said nothing at all about rollovers one way or the other. I really, really doubt Ford is just going delete actual orders at end of model year. They will roll them over in some fashion. Hopefully doing a better job than they did with '22 to '23 orders.
Sponsored