First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford, if you're listening, here's what feature I'd love to see in future Maverick models:

As a former Honda owner, I loved my Element because the back seats were completely removable, giving plenty of room for whatever you needed. Would love to see this as a feature in future generation Mavericks with a flat rear floor, along with a removable passenger seat to make room for a single person makeshift bed/cot. With so many people trying their hand at van and truck living - or even weekends camping - Ford would hit it out of the ballpark with this.

Or...create some funky model similar to the Element (smaller version of the Passenger Transit van with the windows) and call the the Maverick Squared and push it for the outdoorsy folks. Give it some excellent ground clearance and make it AWD only as a gas or hybrid option.
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Word is that there is a small AWD van coming. Hoping its a merger of Maverick and Transit Connect. I say call it Econoline.

Fix4Dirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Explorer XLT SOHC 4x4 2" Lift
Engine
Undecided
to add: manual ecoboost

reg cab short bed ;)

solid rear axle

4wd

ok at this point i should get a prev gen ranger 😂

Sponsored

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just wants a plugs-in hybrid AWD with generator mode for $25k.

Is that too much to asks yo.

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford, if you're listening, here's what feature I'd love to see in future Maverick models:

As a former Honda owner, I loved my Element because the back seats were completely removable, giving plenty of room for whatever you needed. Would love to see this as a feature in future generation Mavericks with a flat rear floor, along with a removable passenger seat to make room for a single person makeshift bed/cot. With so many people trying their hand at van and truck living - or even weekends camping - Ford would hit it out of the ballpark with this.

Or...create some funky model similar to the Element (smaller version of the Passenger Transit van with the windows) and call the the Maverick Squared and push it for the outdoorsy folks. Give it some excellent ground clearance and make it AWD only as a gas or hybrid option.
I would love a funky van! Also 100% agree on flat floor in the back. The storage is sort of lame. Would be great if the battery could be moved and a flat floor would exist. In my Ridgeline I could fit 4 full sized Rubbermaid bins there for camping.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That sounds good. How about a hatch from the short bed to the cab. For long items, and camping for those folks taller than 4 1/2 feet.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That sounds good. How about a hatch from the short bed to the cab. For long items, and camping for those folks taller than 4 1/2 feet.
Imagine if the Mav had a hatch you could mount a fox wing type awning on some rooftop racks and have nice sleeping area all covered. Could do alot of different stuff with a hatch.

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Imagine if the Mav had a hatch you could mount a fox wing type awning on some rooftop racks and have nice sleeping area all covered. Could do alot of different stuff with a hatch.
I'd like to see BestTop or SoftTopper get their Shizz together to produce a camper top.

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
RS performance package with honeycomb stylied grille. 2.3L ecoboost, manual trans from a focus RS, with AWD. Driving lights in them funky rectangles in the front bumpers, functional heat extractor vents in the hood, Brembo brakes, and a 2" drop from the factory to go with it.

Last edited:

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What would I love to see? That hasn't already been mentioned?

Some kind of canvas bedcover that goes on with snaps, and doesn't permanently attach (beyond the snaps) so I can just wad it up and stuff it under the back seat when I don't want it.

The roll- up kind is too bulky, and the lid style AFIAK can't be removed if you need so put something in that sticks up more than a couple of inches.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

that already exists- it's called the Transit Connect is built in Europe (Spain or Turkey I think) and Farley says production is moving to Hermosillo plant where Maverick and Bronco Sport are built and will be redesigned and produced in 2024.

https://www.ford.com/trucks/transit-connect-passenger-van-wagon/
Sponsored