First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Fusion 2.3; 2023 HPR XLT EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Alldata doesn't even list that code yet. I'm confused as to how it would even apply in an eCVT and if it did, how an Engine replacement would fix it.

EDIT: So the generic base definition is an out-of-spec correlation between ISS and OSS. Never encountered an eCVT with that condition, probably not a reason to be concerned about any type of failure pattern.

1atom12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welp... I guess I'm the second member of the excessive clutch slippage club. I just picked up my Maverick hybrid XLT on Saturday. Drove it back from Washington DC to Atlanta GA without any issues. With 810 miles on it today, I pressed the accelerator for the first time pretty hard to pass a vehicle that was only doing 35 mph in a 55 zone. I might have accelerated to 55 or 60 tops. Within a second or two of me pressing the accelerator down, my check engine light came on steady. Did not notice any difference in the way it drove the rest of the way home. As soon as I got home, I put my Bluedriver on it and got code P0811 Excessive Clutch "A" Slippage. I was able to reset the code with the Bluedriver and I went for a drive of about 10 miles and the light did not return. I did not get aggressive with the accelerator. For now, I'm just going to drive it. I have a feeling that we are not the only two hybrids that will end up with this issue....

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As mentioned, dealership didn’t give out details. When I initially spoke to them, they said dampener needs to replaced. I am not a car guy, so not sure how this plays into it.
It is your truck. Demand details from the service dept.

ScorpioST

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leaf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What a major drag. Hopefully this is limited and Ford fixes you guys up fast. Considering the 5000 mile reviews, videos showing 0-60 runs, towing and even off road stuff in the Hybrid, clearly there are plenty of them not having slipping issues.

Would also think Escapes and Fusions etc would have shown something if it was widespread. Guessing this is a limited assembly issue just like in my Focus.

I know I'll be following this one closely, appreciate any updates. Might help others if thread is renamed hybrid transmission problem or something.

Sponsored

RyanP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welp... I guess I'm the second member of the excessive clutch slippage club. I just picked up my Maverick hybrid XLT on Saturday. Drove it back from Washington DC to Atlanta GA without any issues. With 810 miles on it today, I pressed the accelerator for the first time pretty hard to pass a vehicle that was only doing 35 mph in a 55 zone. I might have accelerated to 55 or 60 tops. Within a second or two of me pressing the accelerator down, my check engine light came on steady. Did not notice any difference in the way it drove the rest of the way home. As soon as I got home, I put my Bluedriver on it and got code P0811 Excessive Clutch "A" Slippage. I was able to reset the code with the Bluedriver and I went for a drive of about 10 miles and the light did not return. I did not get aggressive with the accelerator. For now, I'm just going to drive it. I have a feeling that we are not the only two hybrids that will end up with this issue....
You are not the 2nd, more like 4-5th person here. You should of taken it to the dealer to have them diag it and log it. Its strange this pops up. Wish I knew what mine did it at 2k miles. The more data ford has maybe they can find an answer.

1atom12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All the dealers around me were 2-3 weeks from being able to even look at my Maverick. I didn't have any choice but to reset the code myself. I cannot leave my Maverick with them that long and I was not able to make an appointment 2-3 weeks out and bring it in that day. So far, my light has not come back on, but I have not pressed the accelerator aggressively again either...

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would try hard acceleration again to see if the code come back, at least if it does it will be easy to recreate for the service dept.

Angry Hippo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hot Pepper Red, FX4, 4k Tow
So sorry to hear this. Hopefully it's a one and done fix. I work in the repair field. Lots of times we get one and done issues. Other times... well... they have lemon laws/policies for a reason.

Funny, I would have guessed that the hybrid was the 'safe' engine choice and that the eco-boost turbo would be the problematic one. There is a reason I'm not a gambling man, no good at bets.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dunno why they would replace the engine, the code is coming from the trans. I would try to get more info or print out from the dealer as to why this is an post it up here.
The clutch damper is between engine and trans. Have to remove both and separate them for access. One problem indicates possible damage to crankshaft position sensor but could be electrical problem also. I bet Ford wants engine and/or trans for study. The code is set when engine rpm exceeds rpm of output shaft from clutch damper by a "set margin". (???)

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would be of interest to know if the hybrids with this problem were built before 3/9/22 or after? (Software change made at that time per other posts here)

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am showing my wife all of these broken Maverick posts to convince her a) what a POS my truck is that b) I need a project Miata or something quick so I can have transportation if [read: when] this truck breaks.

Bc of course my project race car will run perfectly all the time no matter what.

SeanBonham

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am showing my wife all of these broken Maverick posts to convince her a) what a POS my truck is that b) I need a project Miata or something quick so I can have transportation if [read: when] this truck breaks.

Bc of course my project race car will run perfectly all the time no matter what.
Miata / Maverick combo is the way to go! That's what I'm going to have once my Mav shows up. Already have the Miata.

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Miata / Maverick combo is the way to go! That's what I'm going to have once my Mav shows up. Already have the Miata.
Awesome! I grew up driving Hondas, including a CRX which I ran in CSP, so miatas were always kind of my "enemy"... but vehicle availability, parts availability, and how good I must admit the platform is have convinced me it is probably the right way to go lol
Sponsored