jRedondox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The lost communication with ECM/PCM A seems to be related to the Traction control button after more digging on the Ford PTS website. I will be doing a deep dive at the end of august into my DTC's to figure it out. It seems like we might be able to get the traction control button to work after all.

I have to go out of town for work so I have to put my research on hold.

This is where I am getting most of my info and just about anything else you need for any newer Ford.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Purchase/ViewProduct

Hi,

did you get traction control to work?
Sponsored

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[QUOTE="ffoc01, post: 192117, member: 9527"

Some tweaks with ForScan might switch the cluster over to a single input, but I couldn't say for sure. For reference, the Escape's fuel level signal to the cluster is on pins 1, 2, 9 and 10. The Maverick only uses pins 1, 2 and 10.
[/QUOTE]

So why not double the input to pins 9 and 10 with a jumper and see if that gives you the required input to double your capacity? Worth a try no???

Wiz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hot Pepper Red with BAP on order.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, after looking at the wiring, if you add a pin 9 and splice it to pin 10 (Circuit VMC11), the cluster should see the one sender as both of its inputs, and you should be OK.

Again, anything done from here on out is on your own, but the Part # for the Ford terminal to go in the empty pin 9 slot is DU2Z-14474-AA
1643683420246.png
1643683428295.png
I was thinking the same thing.

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL, Ecoboost w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
[QUOTE="ffoc01, post: 192117, member: 9527"

Some tweaks with ForScan might switch the cluster over to a single input, but I couldn't say for sure. For reference, the Escape's fuel level signal to the cluster is on pins 1, 2, 9 and 10. The Maverick only uses pins 1, 2 and 10.
So why not double the input to pins 9 and 10 with a jumper and see if that gives you the required input to double your capacity? Worth a try no???
[/QUOTE]

There is no need to add any additional wires for the cluster to work. You can change capacity and senders through forscan.

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi,

did you get traction control to work?
Nope, I gave up. Since that button configuration does not exist on the escape there is not way to program it.

I honestly donā€™t intend on using it (Iā€™ve only ever used it to do snow donuts). If I need traction disabled I just switch it to Sand/Snow mode and it does what it needs to do.

I did disable this through the ABS module so the DTC doesnā€™t pop up. It is not required, but I didnā€™t want any questions about the DTC from the dealer.

Sponsored

jRedondox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope, I gave up. Since that button configuration does not exist on the escape there is not way to program it.

I honestly donā€™t intend on using it (Iā€™ve only ever used it to do snow donuts). If I need traction disabled I just switch it to Sand/Snow mode and it does what it needs to do.

I did disable this through the ABS module so the DTC doesnā€™t pop up. It is not required, but I didnā€™t want any questions about the DTC from the dealer.
This would work for me. I got everything working except the traction control which I donā€™t use either. How did you disable it?

Ford Maverick Full digital gauge cluster from Ford Escape swap into Maverick 24542D96-495E-4EE5-A1F7-A4267ECDC303

Sponsored

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

How did you disable the button in ABS? That's the final DTC I have, and like you said, it hasn't messed with anything but I'm about 1000 miles from needing an oil change and all the recalls.

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did you disable the button in ABS? That's the final DTC I have, and like you said, it hasn't messed with anything but I'm about 1000 miles from needing an oil change and all the recalls.
I'll check on this today, You don't get a "U0100: lost communication with PCM/ECM"? That's my only DTC I get from the cluster. I initially thought was related to the traction button, but it's not. It goes away when I plug in my old cluster.

This DTC has not caused a single issue though, I just want it gone.

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll check on this today, You don't get a "U0100: lost communication with PCM/ECM"? That's my only DTC I get from the cluster. I initially thought was related to the traction button, but it's not. It goes away when I plug in my old cluster.

This DTC has not caused a single issue though, I just want it gone.
Okay, I thought that was the DTC you were able to clear out :D That's the only one I have left