First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid, 2019 Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
During one of my phone calls to FORD I was told if my 2022 order is moved to a 2023 model, FORD will honor the 2022 pricing. I do not have it in writing but I hope he was accurate.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sloozie

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
So if my '22 order don't come in before '23 orders rolled in. Then that means my Maverick will be as '23 model year after August??

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I remember a time on here not so long ago when people would skewer me for saying with certainty that not all MY22 orders would be fulfilled...
It's still all your fault! 😉

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Partially true.

Also mixed into the arcane formula are:

1) What trim/what engine a particular dealer has on order.
2) Which options are or aren't included on each of the delaer's orders.
3) Whether any of those options are constrained, and by how much.
5) What region of North America (as defined by Ford) that dealer is located.
6) How many chickens have been sacrificed to appease the auto gods.

(Okay, maybe not #6.)

Eventually dealers with huge numbers of orders and corresponding allocations will reach or approach zero outstanding. That doesn't mean the production line will decelerate.
Also added into that formula is how many vehicle types that dealer sells i.e. trucks, cars etc.
How many hard to sell models the dealership sells, volume of vehicles sold etc. I'm sure there's a few other things I'm forgetting, but it's a complex matrix that even Neo would have difficulty in navigating!

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
It's a long process with twists and turns and nobody really knows how it works except the Ford employees scheduling production.

My Maverick was dealer # 001 in June 2021. Delivered to me a little over a week ago. Dealer has 25 more behind me with 5 scheduled, built or in transit. The other 20 have no production date and some may become 2023 Mavericks.

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if my '22 order don't come in before '23 orders rolled in. Then that means my Maverick will be as '23 model year after August??
MY2022 Mavericks will probably still be coming off the line in August and September. If yours is one of those, then it will be a MY2022 even though it comes to you after August.

If your order has not yet been produced when they switch over to producing MY2023 -- whenever that is, could be October -- then you're out of luck for a MY2022 and will get a MY2023 (if your order has been rolled over or resubmitted).

99nbbullitt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For what it’s worth I just took delivery today 3-25 on my 6-17-21 hybrid Luxury & 360:CO pilot order in Austin, TX market. 9 months a very long time and excited to do a long drive near future.
Congrats!!!

mikellmikell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Colorado's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
8 Months and 10 days of waiting but I'm happy. The hybrid is one fast little truck. It puts you back in your seat and keeps you there. Going th hook up the utility trailer this weekend if it doesn't snow.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hello All Current and Future Maverick Customers

We fully recognize there is a lot of interest and excitement about the Maverick. We are here to answer your questions and be as transparent with you as possible about any confusion in the ordering, scheduling, and production process. Rest-assured, our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can and satisfy as many new Maverick customers as possible given global supply chain challenges.

Traditionally, we have allocated vehicles to dealerships based on historical sales data, which helped determine the scheduling of orders. While we initially followed this process for Maverick, we quickly pivoted when customer demand exceeded expectations. As a result, orders are scheduled in the order in which they are received, regardless of dealer, pending any capacity and commodity limitations. Oldest Maverick retail orders are prioritized first, provided the Dealer has completed the required Customer Order Verification Process (COVP) AND the order can be scheduled within existing supply and optional features/package availability.

Thank you for your interest in Maverick and your patience during this process. Our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can so you can get out there and enjoy the 2022 North American Truck of the Year.

OP
OP
Meintc

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

We fully recognize there is a lot of interest and excitement about the Maverick. We are here to answer your questions and be as transparent with you as possible about any confusion in the ordering, scheduling, and production process. Rest-assured, our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can and satisfy as many new Maverick customers as possible given global supply chain challenges.

Traditionally, we have allocated vehicles to dealerships based on historical sales data, which helped determine the scheduling of orders. While we initially followed this process for Maverick, we quickly pivoted when customer demand exceeded expectations. As a result, orders are scheduled in the order in which they are received, regardless of dealer, pending any capacity and commodity limitations. Oldest Maverick retail orders are prioritized first, provided the Dealer has completed the required Customer Order Verification Process (COVP) AND the order can be scheduled within existing supply and optional features/package availability.

Thank you for your interest in Maverick and your patience during this process. Our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can so you can get out there and enjoy the 2022 North American Truck of the Year.
Oh thank you. This will relieve so many people here. I as well. I'm a September order but knowing I'm not getting ahead of someone or someone getting ahead of me is music to my ears.

Sponsored

DaFaDa

First Name
Ronald Koons
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dart
So I've been here on the MTC, watching Tim, you tube, etc. and I understand that Ford will build our 2022 Trucks. If for some reason they can't they will be moved to 2023. The problem I have with this scenario is as follows.

If my dealer has 120 orders ahead of me (just using that as an example, I have no idea how many are actually ahead of me), and say they get 5 allocations a month. I won't get my vehicle for years. What am I not understanding? Maybe @fordvideoguy can explain for me.

This is my first ever ordered vehicle. I've always bought on the lot, and usually used cars.
This is our first order as well...

At least maybe it can never be worse than this time around...

DaFaDa

First Name
Ronald Koons
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dart

So is there any way to get a ballpark idea of when based upon order date, Etc. I know my order has been verified and all that, but it's been sence Sept 11... so I'm starting to wonder.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
So, has anyone asked what's new from Ford for 23? NAVI, leather. different paint schemes or just a new year attached to the truck.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While we initially followed this [allocation] process for Maverick, we quickly pivoted when customer demand exceeded expectations. As a result, orders are scheduled in the order in which they are received, regardless of dealer, pending any capacity and commodity limitations. Oldest Maverick retail orders are prioritized first, provided the Dealer has completed the required Customer Order Verification Process (COVP) AND the order can be scheduled within existing supply and optional features/package availability.
Some folks have predicted that their order won't be filled (or will be rolled over to MY2023) because their dealership lacks allocations.

My guess was that "Ford will probably direct future Maverick allocations to those dealers who have existing orders," to the extent that those orders can be built.

This Ford announcement seems to track pretty well with the idea that the allocations will go where the buildable orders are. Which is good news for a lot of folks, I think.

Last edited:

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy mentioned the rail-car carrier-dealership transportation problems for the back log of all kinds of vehicles arriving at the Kansas City yard. Ford recently awarded a new contract to a carrier after the old one wasn't delivering vehicles to Ford's satisfaction.

Every time I see a carrier I want to stop and scout out which vehicles are onboard. I drive by half a dozen dealerships on the way to work and the one with the most vehicles (by far) is GM. All the other lots are very sparse.

Ford I checked last week was EMPTY. Maybe 10 vehicles. Almost all used f150s. Cops were parking their idle cruisers there.

Hyundai was about 70% full, mini about 50%, dodge and vw three different lots, all packed 100%.

Ford must have pissed someone at the chip factory off.
Sponsored